Reviews for Kwong Satay (Geylang)

AsianSnacks
The Hungry Bunny

Excellent

See the photos at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.sg/2014/03/kwong-satay-geylang-lor-29.html

Excellent satay here. Both the pork and chicken ones are must-trys.  They are well-marinated, imbued with a smoky char and dripping with juices.

The pork, leaner than the chicken, was balanced out with layers of artery-clogging fat slivers. These were all so good, I actually didn't quite realize I wasn't dipping them in the rather generic satay gravy.

If I had to choose, and it's a difficult one, my vote would go to the chicken satay: more succulent, sans the guilt-inducing stark fat slivers.
20 Mar 2014 • 575 reviews • 21 followers

Excellent

17 Jul 2013 • 13 reviews • 0 follower

I eat satay, therefore ayam satay

I looked at my plate with trepidation and thought “thank goodness this is only a pre-dinner snack” - 10 very small chicken skewers, next to some cucumber and a bowl of odd looking peanut sauce.  “Surely this is not what all the hype is about?” Picking up a skewer, I rolled it slowly and purposefully through the peanut sauce until it was well coated.  Contemplating how to tackle it, I decided on shoving the entire stick into my mouth, as if devouring it in one hit would add substance to what I was eating and end the entire ordeal sooner. I was shocked when the juice of the meat
chicken, pork and mutton satay with ketupat
23 Feb 2012 • 408 reviews • 13 followers

Cheap and delicious

We couldn’t leave the coffeeshop without having a go at the satay stall so K proceeded to order 10 sticks to share after wolfing down the hokkien mee.

Both chicken and pork cost $0.40 while mutton was $0.50 per stick. We added ketupat at $0.50 for good measure.

Boy! The meat was very tender, resplendent with a tantalizing smokiness in addition to a delectably sweetish marinade. The ketupat was fragrant but too bad the peanut gravy was a little weak. The crushed pineapple didn’t really work for us but a spicier version would’ve us swooning with joy.

Despite the lacklustre gravy,