Summary

Pizzas!, Gnocchi, pasta, Wagyu Steak, prawn bisque, Bucettina Pancetta, Burrata with cherries tomato, Chef's Wrath, French Toast with Crispy Prosciutto, Fresh Blueberry Pancake, Mussel soup, PIzza Gongonzola, Risotto with porcini mushroom, Spaghetti Vongole, Wagyu beef with fries, starters View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Business Dining, After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Ala Carte, Brunch, Quiet, Romance/First Dates, Breakfast, Business Breakfast, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Fine Dining, Girls Night Out, Children/Family, Lunch, Private Dining, View/Scenery, Large Groups/Gathering, People Watching, Supper, Wine Lists View all

Very authentic Italian Food

This is definitely our families and friends favourite Italian restaurant.
We are Italian family from southern part of ITALY, we were very please to find La Forketta as the food is always very well presented and the qualities is unbeatable. The PIZZA is hand made in front of you and baked in the wood fire oven. The Pasta are all homemade , really fresh and good.
Definitely one of the BEST in Singapore!

Most helpful reviews for La Forketta Gastronomia Italiana

Psychic Chef at Work

Look no further if you want to waste your precious calories on over-priced, dull, dining experience. The wait is excruciatingly painful (1 hour after the kind server took our order). My stomach gave in and ask for the server twice before i ask for the manager. What happened next was uncalled for. An obviously annoyed and perspiration-drenched, caucasian gentlemen stormed to our table and short of a better word due to my limited vocabulary, barked at his patrons and declared as the person in charged. As soon as we express our thoughts of the delay, he said in great passion that they are not serving fast food here. Sure I can tell cooking a storm takes time, but after a bottle a wine, there is only so much a man can take. So we just brushed it off by asking him to make haste with our dinner. 15 minutes later, we are ready for our non-fastfood mains. Here comes the epic revelation of our indigenous taste palette. Once again, the gentleman stride to our table, insisting that his seafood is of the freshest origin in the seven seas and if "our" tastebuds are not acquainted with anchovies, it is not of his fault. So be it we said and my wife lost her appetite and off we (with 6 other friends) left after the second bottle, paid 700ish for everything, no apologies, no false flattery. I failed to mention the gentleman is the owner and chef of this establishment. I wish you all the best to your culinary journey and your psychic ability to read asian's taste palette. I personally, for sure will not be visiting this place in this lifetime.

Very Good Food and Service

My family and I go to La Forketta at Dempsey for lunch almost every week and it still maintains it's excellent quality. The food there is amazing and the pasta is always fresh and delicious. They also provide a basket of bread for every sitting. Furthermore, you can choose to have sparkling or still water served. The atmosphere is perfect for lunches and dinners as it is brightly lit during the day and dimly lit with fireglow at night, creating the perfect dinner scene. Even though the waiting time might be a little bit long, maybe 20 to 30 min, it is definitely worth it as they only serve the best ingredients. Even the olive oil and tomatoes hint of great quality. Also, you can actually see the pizzas being made! I recommend the Tagliatelle Ragu and the pizza with parma ham and rocket salad. The seafood anitpasti is also very good. Every meal there ends with smiling faces and full stomachs. A must try for all. Definitely my favourite Italian restaurant. Overall, a huge thumbs up!

Upmarket pizzahut

If you are looking for fantastic Italian food ..... You won't find it here. Don't mind forking out a bomb for good food, but to cough out $400+ for something which does not taste as good as the pastas I knock up at home, just ain't worth it. Wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere was romantic, but if the food sucked there is little you can do about it. Definitely a place to take your date if you wanna bamboozle her , but just make sure she has never had REAL Italian food before!

Absolutely Terrible

I came here a few years ago and had awful food; I tried it again last night and it is even worse. This has got to be the worst Italian restaurant in town. Everything (except the pizzas) is pre-prepared and tasteless. The pasta was undercooked, the sauce was bland and there was not enough of it and the potatoes were almost raw. The cheesecake dessert was disgusting, and they didn't even have the sauce they advertised. And this place is expensive. All 4 in our party were hugely disappointed, and with very high prices it is ridiculous.  AVOID at all costs; this place is one big rip off!

Terrible, overpriced and not authentic

I had one of the worst experiences in this restaurant. The food was bad, the service was not good and the chef seems to be against his customers. We were 4 pax and every single dish we ordered had some problem. The service was terrible too and the chef refuses to cook the type of pasta we ordered. My girlfriend wanted carbonara with fettuccine pasta rather than spaghetti. The waiter came back and told us that the chef "refuses" to cook carbonara with fettuccine... as if he was creating some kind of masterpiece, instead we got a seriously lousy, undercooked spaghetti floating in a runny tasteless soup .. None of as will never go back there ....