Summary

pizza, lemon tart, pastas, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Cocode pizza, Lamb shank, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), biscotti, chocolate tart, cod fish, lamb, risotto, Caprese, Rigatoni, Roast Cod fish, Set Lunch, spicy prawn fettuccine, squid ink pizza, tenderloin steak, tiramisu, veal ossobucco with saffron risotto View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Brunch, Take Away, Wine Lists, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Corporate Events, Supper, Vegetarians View all

Great food!

I love the food at La Nonna and their 50% off lunch promotions were never missed when I used to work near the Namly Rd branch. Love the pasta and pizza and the location of this particular branch. :)

Most helpful reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

Disappointment

After having a great time twice at the Holland Village outlet, my partner and I decided to give the Namly Place outlet a try, since it seems to have got better ratings on HGW so far

Unfortunately, neither the service nor the food was anywhere near the standard that we were expecting

The clams in the Linguine pasta were all stiff, with quite a number of them sandy as well. Sauce was too salty for my liking

The saffron prawn and asparagus risotto was slightly better, but too cheesy for my liking as well

The Holland Village outlet had really impeccable service. This one didn't make us feel welcomed at all. For the price we paid, we definitely expected better - for both service and food

Simply Italian @ La Nonna on 4Sep2014

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/09/04/simply-italian-la-nonna-on-4sep2014/

a friend bought lunch today on 4.9.2014.
it would be difficult to get parking at hollandv even at 12pm so we decided on la nonna at namly place.
i had not been here for ages (like 4 or 5 years). they were still having tone 50% ala carte discounts for weekday lunches.

we had some bread to start.
& the parma ham with melon (top photo) was pretty good, nice flavour of aged ham to go with sweet melon & some rockets/mesclun.
i liked the . i think they had this classic italian bisque sauce (probably a prawn bisque). it was just slightly creamy & quite tasty & the chilli gave it the kick.
my friend liked his ossobucco & risotto. i had this before many years back & remembered that it was 1 of the nice dishes here. i guess it still is.
i had not been doing this but i guess la nonna can be a place to go to some evenings if i want to dine out nearby.

Disappointing

If you pretend to be an authentic italian restaurant and you charge upscale prices, clients expect something decent. Of the five orders four were not good at all. How difficult can it be to serve decent pastas and pizza? Penne: chunks of garlic overwhelming everything. Linguine: more shells than actual food, way too much liquids. Pizza prosciutto crudo rucola e parmigiano: more dough and rucola, very little else, making it dry and tasteless. Lasagna: only dish that was OK, still nothing special though. Only one (the one who ate lasagna) was still enthusiastic enough to order dessert. The carrot cake was dry and tasteless, making the vanilla ice cream stand out as the best part... With 4 soft drinks and a bottle of still water, total bill SGD 145. For less you can eat better and more in many other Italian restaurants in Singapore. Not recommended at all. So spare you the effort of finding this place tucked away in a residential area between Holland Road, Sixth Avenue and Bukit Timah.

Nice Ambience but Not so for the Food

The restaurant is situated in a quiet neighbourhood in district 10. Have to give it to them for the locale and decor; restaurant has a real cozy feel.

Anyway, my group ordered calamari and a La Nonna pizza (supposedly thier signature dish). The calamari was nicely done and was a good start. The pizza reminded me a lot of pizzas at Spizza For Friends, with an egg in the centre. Taste was ok but I've tasted better.

For the main course, I ordered the lamb rump, and my friends ordered the baked cod and a penne dish. Among the four of us, only the one who ordered the cod enjoyed the meal. As for me, I thought the lamb was really bad. For one, the meat was really tough despite the fact that I had ordered medium rare. The sauce was also lacking in flavour. The penne dish (which 2 of my friends ordered) was worse. The dish was way too dry and the chicken shreds were also too dry and tough. In the end, the main course convinced us not to stay for dessert.

Service was ok and the staff pleasant. Only comment about the service was for the topping up of water (too infrequent and most of the time, we had to ask).

Would consider twice if I were to go back there again. A real pity though cos I really like the location and ambience.

Crappy, crappy, crappy....

Went there sometime in March and unless there has been changes since, I shall not spend too much time here. Therefore, very quickly:

Before La Nonna, was L'Antipasto.

Food - Good

Service - Passable

Ambience - Homey, Friendly, Smiley

Overall Experience - Pleasant

After Senso took over & rename it La Nonna in Nov 2006:

Food - Crappy

Service - Double Crappy

Ambience - Cold, Impersonal, Triple Crappy

Overall Experience - Wished we never went there - spoiled an otherwise happy occasion that we were there to celebrate.

Crappy all the way....