Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

Clara Toh
 • 28 Apr 2009 8 reviews 1 follower
Overall
went with my husband for a weekday dinner.. we ordered squid ink linguine, Spaghetti with mixed seafood in tomato sauce and Torta della Nonna as dessert... We enjoyed the food and most importantly, we loved the warm nice bread as well...

As for service, it was really just normal... There is one minus point that i wanted to comment is that the music apparently was too loud... to a certain extent, we couldn't really hear what the waiter was talking....

Dinner, Vibrant/Noisy

Dow Dow
 • 20 Apr 2009 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went there with a couple of friends and their kid, and we were amazed by the excellence in simplicity found there.

Great typical homely food, nice ambience, good service, just nice!

Must tries: pizza, pastas, lamb, tiramisu

Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Pet Friendly

Shoebox
 • 18 Nov 2008 16 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I had lunch at La Nonna Namly last Monday. Patrons I saw were taitais,some Japanese some Caucasians.

After visiting their website, www.lanonna.sg, and seeing how delicious their food looks, plus their homely yet chic style, I decided to visit it. Plus, there was a 1 for 1 Ladies promotion. that's a good deal, that's why we could order more!

Anyways, I had:

Warm bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar-very good, bread was very soft and fragrant. You can tell its freshly baked by its smell and texture.

Smoked Salmon- Good- Atlantic salmon I think. shiok man. Omega 3! good for heart!

Parma Ham with Rock Melon- I really need to highlight this dish. The thinly sliced ham enabled me to taste the texture and unique taste of the ham. Plus, the melon was very fresh and sweet. I never liked rock melons, always thought that their smell was too strong, but the one I had that day was such a lovely combination.

Cod Fish – it was very good because of the fine texture. Probably cooked on low heat as the texture of the fish highlighted the smoothness and it was cooked just right. Sauce was special, light and complimented the fish very well.

Dessert- Lemon cream tart made with fresh Ricotta Cheese- very good too. Reminds me of crème brulee, except that it was better because the lemon cream had the right balance of tanginess yet not too sour, not too sweet, so its just right.

Cheese Platter- Brie cheese, cheddar, Blue cheese and other cheeses were served alongside sliced green apples, alongside was served with biscotti, it had a very good crunchy yet fragrant taste to it.

The server was very enthusiastic and warm, very prompt service, kept filling up my sky juice, and asked how my meal was, he was very sincere to see if the meal can be improved.

All I can say about this place is that is a great place for

dating,

dining,

having fun with friends,

classy yet homely.

Plus, the background music of bossa nova was so right for chilling out!

I’d be coming back here for a date with the boyfriend, give him a surprise with this nice place.

And for my next girls gathering, I know where to book now!

Cheers!

Must tries: parma ham with rock melon, cod fish, lemon cream tart, biscotti

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Boys Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find, Wine Lists