Reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

3.5

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 76 Namly Place, 267226

+65 6884 6884
10 Mar 2015

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!
pizza, pastas

More reviews of La Nonna

Simply Italian @ La Nonna on 4Sep2014

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/09/04/simply-italian-la-nonna-on-4sep2014/

a friend bought lunch today on 4.9.2014.
it would be difficult to get parking at hollandv even at 12pm so we decided on la nonna at namly place.
i had not been here for ages (like 4 or 5 years). they were still having tone 50% ala carte discounts for weekday lunches.

we had some bread to start.
& the parma ham with melon (top photo) was pretty good, nice flavour of aged ham to go with sweet melon & some rockets/mesclun.
i liked the . i think they had this classic italian bisque sauce (probably a prawn bisque). it was just slightly creamy & quite tasty & the chilli gave it the kick.
my friend liked his ossobucco & risotto. i had this before many years back & remembered that it was 1 of the nice dishes here. i guess it still is.
i had not been doing this but i guess la nonna can be a place to go to some evenings if i want to dine out nearby.
Overall

Excellent ambience for families and couples

Excellent ambience for families and couples looking for cosy quiet place to have a good lunch or dinner.

Great food!

I love the food at La Nonna and their 50% off lunch promotions were never missed when I used to work near the Namly Rd branch. Love the pasta and pizza and the location of this particular branch. :)
Overall

great starters and desserts, disappointing pastas, so-so service

amazing starters - veal and also the parma with mozzarella.
I really loved the panna cotta dessert.

But both the pastas we tried bothered on bad, and also had a little drama with their manager and service stuff so kind of mixed emotions. sigh. More details and pics at http://www.eatprayflying.com/la-nonna-namly-place/

Disappointing

If you pretend to be an authentic italian restaurant and you charge upscale prices, clients expect something decent. Of the five orders four were not good at all. How difficult can it be to serve decent pastas and pizza? Penne: chunks of garlic overwhelming everything. Linguine: more shells than actual food, way too much liquids. Pizza prosciutto crudo rucola e parmigiano: more dough and rucola, very little else, making it dry and tasteless. Lasagna: only dish that was OK, still nothing special though. Only one (the one who ate lasagna) was still enthusiastic enough to order dessert. The carrot cake was dry and tasteless, making the vanilla ice cream stand out as the best part... With 4 soft drinks and a bottle of still water, total bill SGD 145. For less you can eat better and more in many other Italian restaurants in Singapore. Not recommended at all. So spare you the effort of finding this place tucked away in a residential area between Holland Road, Sixth Avenue and Bukit Timah.