Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

DutchCarioca
 • 19 Oct 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
If you pretend to be an authentic italian restaurant and you charge upscale prices, clients expect something decent. Of the five orders four were not good at all. How difficult can it be to serve decent pastas and pizza? Penne: chunks of garlic overwhelming everything. Linguine: more shells than actual food, way too much liquids. Pizza prosciutto crudo rucola e parmigiano: more dough and rucola, very little else, making it dry and tasteless. Lasagna: only dish that was OK, still nothing special though. Only one (the one who ate lasagna) was still enthusiastic enough to order dessert. The carrot cake was dry and tasteless, making the vanilla ice cream stand out as the best part... With 4 soft drinks and a bottle of still water, total bill SGD 145. For less you can eat better and more in many other Italian restaurants in Singapore. Not recommended at all. So spare you the effort of finding this place tucked away in a residential area between Holland Road, Sixth Avenue and Bukit Timah.

castellhan
 • 29 Jun 2013 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Nestled within the quiet estate of Namly, this La Nonna outlet stands out from its counterpart at Holland Village.

Thoroughly enjoyed the crabmeat pasta while my partner ordered his standard (not on menu probably cuz too basic) carbonara penne which they happily obliged to serve.

Pepperoni pizza was satisfying. Pricing reasonable with good ambience. Perfect for chilling the night away.

Coco Mercy C
 • 12 Jun 2013 10 reviews 0 follower
More here: http://ofsogalaxy.blogspot.sg/2013/06/food-find-italian.html

Consistent food quality with friendly chef and main staff (except one), good ambience with nice Italian music, and never too crowded.

I've tried 4 or 5 of their pizzas before, and they're all good (my personal favourite being the Parma Ham one). More unique since they're wood oven fired and totally non-greasy (which I love!) with good portions of ingredients. I personally love the Squid Ink Pasta, which comes with a heap of good seafood as well.

The Lamb Shank is soft, juicy and well-cooked. My boyf who's a meat lover finished it up to its bones.

Service is generally good as the main staff have good knowledge of the menu and comes up with good recommendations, but one particular female staff we encountered today was really unpleasant and unfriendly both on the phone and in person. We arrived late on shcedule and her only response upon seeing us and my apology was 'for 2 right? I tried calling you.' and she served us our bread like how a really rude and snobbish hawker will do it... (no offence to hawkers)

Great value if you catch their lunch promotion! I spent $26/pax because we ordered an extra pizza.

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Brunch