Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

castellhan
 • 29 Jun 2013 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Nestled within the quiet estate of Namly, this La Nonna outlet stands out from its counterpart at Holland Village.

Thoroughly enjoyed the crabmeat pasta while my partner ordered his standard (not on menu probably cuz too basic) carbonara penne which they happily obliged to serve.

Pepperoni pizza was satisfying. Pricing reasonable with good ambience. Perfect for chilling the night away.

Coco Mercy C
 • 12 Jun 2013 10 reviews 0 follower
More here: http://ofsogalaxy.blogspot.sg/2013/06/food-find-italian.html

Consistent food quality with friendly chef and main staff (except one), good ambience with nice Italian music, and never too crowded.

I've tried 4 or 5 of their pizzas before, and they're all good (my personal favourite being the Parma Ham one). More unique since they're wood oven fired and totally non-greasy (which I love!) with good portions of ingredients. I personally love the Squid Ink Pasta, which comes with a heap of good seafood as well.

The Lamb Shank is soft, juicy and well-cooked. My boyf who's a meat lover finished it up to its bones.

Service is generally good as the main staff have good knowledge of the menu and comes up with good recommendations, but one particular female staff we encountered today was really unpleasant and unfriendly both on the phone and in person. We arrived late on shcedule and her only response upon seeing us and my apology was 'for 2 right? I tried calling you.' and she served us our bread like how a really rude and snobbish hawker will do it... (no offence to hawkers)

Great value if you catch their lunch promotion! I spent $26/pax because we ordered an extra pizza.

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Brunch
  • (Lava) Lemon Tart
  • Squid Ink Linguine
  • Parma Ham Pizza
  • Lamb Shank

Monkey23
 • 14 Jan 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My wife and I have visited La Nonna since 07. Its been a place where many good memories have been forged through the years, especially because both of us love Italian food.

This is my first time as a reviewer, and sadly, I am doing so because of the disappointment in the service that I was given.

I called La Nonna at 150pm today asking what time would lunch be served till. I was told 215pm would be the last order. I arrived at 209pm (as shown on my cellphone) and I was told by the captain that the kitchen was closed and that I could only order a take-away.

To my horror, their clock read 214pm, and what was worse, there were at least three tables with plenty of food remaining. It was ironic that the kitchen was closed but I could still order a takeaway and there were still customers chatting away with their food almost left untouched.

My complains aside, La Nonna is still one of the better Italian restaurants around due to its quality and affordability.

We love the Prosciutto e Rucola (parma ham and rocket salad pizza) and have been to many Italian joints trying the same pizza. La Nonna keeps the pizza base free of oil, which means - 1. it isnt sagging as you hold the pizza 2. it is crispy as it enters your mouth 3. you can taste the flavours of the pizza better. The preserved parma ham is not too salty and it forms a mouth watering combination when consumed with the fresh rocket salad and cheese slices.

The Rigatoni is now a wild boar ragout, which used to be a oxtail ragout. Difference in meat aside, the stew has maintained its standard  over the years, full of flavour yet not too salty. The portion of meat is generous as well, a must-have for a meat lover!

The other dishes are pretty much the usual Italian fare, value for money with a good level of quality. But it must be mentioned that the quality has been on the decline over the years, and it is tragic that the service is now missing as well.

When are you coming home, Grandma?

Must tries: Parma ham pizza, Rigatoni, Caprese