Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

dlrr
 • 18 Apr 2012 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Part of the Spizza group (i think), I've been to this place 4 - 5 times in the past year. Each time my wife and I has always left pleased.

The missus is a big fan of the mushroom soup. It's hearty and hits all the right spots for me. Don't expect an epiphany here, it is just mushroom soup afterall, but a well balanced and very tasty mushroom soup is sadly a rare commodity these days.

Pasta's pretty decent too. The oxtail ragout fettucine is a big winner for me. I've had that almost every time I've gone there and wasn't once disappointed (apart from one time where the sauce was just lacking a little of its usual oomph)

Desserts are not bad and in line with the rest of the restaurant, pretty consistent.

The restaurant was only served by 2 servers so getting their attention can require some patience, but I've found their servers to be friendly and efficient.

Another good thing about this place, parking is seldom a problem given it's the only restaurant there. That being said, it's a horror to get to by public transport.

Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Vibrant/Noisy

omgggsohungry
 • 15 Apr 2012 27 reviews 0 follower
Overall
look here for more: http://omgsohungry.wordpress.com

I loveeee Italian food!! It’s one of my favourite cuisines. This place uses fresh pasta for some of their dishes, which is awesome! Be sure to ask. Make sure you come for lunch to take advantage of the promotion - it's really worth eating here during lunch since lunch/ dinner menus are the same.

Anyway here’s La Nonna! Please head to the one at Namly Place, the food and service there is better. Best if you have a car. If you don’t, just take a 6-minute walk down Namly Avenue to get your stomach ready for a very homely Italianooo experience!!

They used to have a 50% off promotion for lunch which was VERY WORTH IT but it’s now changed to buy one main course, get one appetizer or dessert free. Less of a promotion if you’re a small eater, but good enough for the big ones.

I picked Vongole ($18) as an appetizer. Sauteed clams in white wine sauce, garlic and herbs. This was a bit too oily and buttery for my liking. Clams weren’t fantastic either. And my very silly friend hahaha did not want to share any of this so eating the whole pot of it is not very fun. Will try the Carpaccio next time!!

My main was Homemade Pappardelle with Chicken Liver and Black Truffle Sauce ($19). Yep you heard it, chicken liver!! Was feeling very adventurous that day. The pasta was cooked al dente, and it goes really well with the black truffle sauce, which was both fragrant and slightly smoky. Chicken liver… I don’t think you should all of it on the plate but it’s an interesting addition!

Friend had the Carbonara, which is just your typical carbonara. I forgot to take a picture I think he was too hungry! If you want a simple pasta dish not on the menu, just request and they’ll gladly whip it up.

Alternatively you can try their signature La Nonna Pizza – asparagus, mozzarella, parmesan, a sunny side up – it’s really interesting!

To round things off, this is the standard Tiramisu ($12). Should have ordered the cheese platter ($16) hahaha I am so indecisive. Most tiramisus taste of the same standard to me, I can’t remember how this was! But it’s more worth it than the tarts imo, those tarts are tiny and bite sized.

Okay way too many words. Bon Appetit!!!

Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Chillout, Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining

mnadsjfd
 • 02 Mar 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
It is easy to miss La nonna @ Namly Place, tucked into the lush neighborhoods.

Extremely cosy and the restaurant felt like it was in a world of its own.

Menu is rather comprehensive with a great variation and everything we ordered was a hit, but was thoroughly impressed with the Mozzarella e Parma (pan fried mozzarella wrapped in aged parma ham), Torta Della Nonna (lemon tart) and Merluzzo (cod fish on mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach).

Great service and both servers and manager alike were efficient, knowledgeable and intuitive.

Can't wait to go back, we'll probably try the other outlet at Holland Village!

Must tries: lemon tart, biscotti, chocolate tart, Cocode pizza, cod fish, lamb, Lamb shank, lemon cream tart, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Pasta, pastas, pizza, pizzas, pizzas in general, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), risotto bringing a secret lover th

Brunch, Supper, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Vegetarians, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Weddings, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Fine Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Wheelchair Friendly, Wine Lists, Live Band, High Tea