Summary

pizza, lemon tart, pastas, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Cocode pizza, Lamb shank, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), biscotti, chocolate tart, cod fish, lamb, risotto, Caprese, Rigatoni, Roast Cod fish, Set Lunch, spicy prawn fettuccine, squid ink pizza, tenderloin steak, tiramisu, veal ossobucco with saffron risotto View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Brunch, Take Away, Wine Lists, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Corporate Events, Supper, Vegetarians View all

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!

Most helpful reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

Great food!

I love the food at La Nonna and their 50% off lunch promotions were never missed when I used to work near the Namly Rd branch. Love the pasta and pizza and the location of this particular branch. :)

great starters and desserts, disappointing pastas, so-so service

amazing starters - veal and also the parma with mozzarella.
I really loved the panna cotta dessert.

But both the pastas we tried bothered on bad, and also had a little drama with their manager and service stuff so kind of mixed emotions. sigh. More details and pics at http://www.eatprayflying.com/la-nonna-namly-place/

Good simple Italian Fare

Nestled within the quiet estate of Namly, this La Nonna outlet stands out from its counterpart at Holland Village.

Thoroughly enjoyed the crabmeat pasta while my partner ordered his standard (not on menu probably cuz too basic) carbonara penne which they happily obliged to serve.

Pepperoni pizza was satisfying. Pricing reasonable with good ambience. Perfect for chilling the night away.

Quality food, great lunch value!

More here: http://ofsogalaxy.blogspot.sg/2013/06/food-find-italian.html

Consistent food quality with friendly chef and main staff (except one), good ambience with nice Italian music, and never too crowded.

I've tried 4 or 5 of their pizzas before, and they're all good (my personal favourite being the Parma Ham one). More unique since they're wood oven fired and totally non-greasy (which I love!) with good portions of ingredients. I personally love the Squid Ink Pasta, which comes with a heap of good seafood as well.

The Lamb Shank is soft, juicy and well-cooked. My boyf who's a meat lover finished it up to its bones.

Service is generally good as the main staff have good knowledge of the menu and comes up with good recommendations, but one particular female staff we encountered today was really unpleasant and unfriendly both on the phone and in person. We arrived late on shcedule and her only response upon seeing us and my apology was 'for 2 right? I tried calling you.' and she served us our bread like how a really rude and snobbish hawker will do it... (no offence to hawkers)

Great value if you catch their lunch promotion! I spent $26/pax because we ordered an extra pizza.

A Missing Grandmother?

My wife and I have visited La Nonna since 07. Its been a place where many good memories have been forged through the years, especially because both of us love Italian food.

This is my first time as a reviewer, and sadly, I am doing so because of the disappointment in the service that I was given.

I called La Nonna at 150pm today asking what time would lunch be served till. I was told 215pm would be the last order. I arrived at 209pm (as shown on my cellphone) and I was told by the captain that the kitchen was closed and that I could only order a take-away.

To my horror, their clock read 214pm, and what was worse, there were at least three tables with plenty of food remaining. It was ironic that the kitchen was closed but I could still order a takeaway and there were still customers chatting away with their food almost left untouched.

My complains aside, La Nonna is still one of the better Italian restaurants around due to its quality and affordability.

We love the Prosciutto e Rucola (parma ham and rocket salad pizza) and have been to many Italian joints trying the same pizza. La Nonna keeps the pizza base free of oil, which means - 1. it isnt sagging as you hold the pizza 2. it is crispy as it enters your mouth 3. you can taste the flavours of the pizza better. The preserved parma ham is not too salty and it forms a mouth watering combination when consumed with the fresh rocket salad and cheese slices.

The Rigatoni is now a wild boar ragout, which used to be a oxtail ragout. Difference in meat aside, the stew has maintained its standard  over the years, full of flavour yet not too salty. The portion of meat is generous as well, a must-have for a meat lover!

The other dishes are pretty much the usual Italian fare, value for money with a good level of quality. But it must be mentioned that the quality has been on the decline over the years, and it is tragic that the service is now missing as well.

When are you coming home, Grandma?