Summary

pizza, lemon tart, pastas, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Cocode pizza, Lamb shank, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), biscotti, chocolate tart, cod fish, lamb, risotto, Caprese, Rigatoni, Roast Cod fish, Set Lunch, spicy prawn fettuccine, squid ink pizza, tenderloin steak, tiramisu, veal ossobucco with saffron risotto View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Brunch, Take Away, Wine Lists, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Corporate Events, Supper, Vegetarians View all

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!

Most helpful reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

cozy atmosphere, unique pasta and pizza, good service, far from city but will come back!

For sat lunch the place was cozy & relaxed, there were only 2 tables filled (2 of us, & a family of 4). The brick oven visible just behind the bar gave an authentic feel. Bread basket had 2 types of bread, both fantastic with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Oxtail Rigatoni ($18) was perfectly cooked, the meat was so soft and the fat was all melted away into the rich sauce - EXCELLENT! MUST-TRY! La Nonna pizza ($18) was unique with the egg (yolk half-cooked) in the middle and jumbo asparagus, this was a thin-crusted one and the combination of the above w/ black truffle, tomatoes, mozzarella, and parmesan was quite nice but I will probably try their other flavors next time. Food was quick. Waitress very attentive. Set lunch ($22) from Mon-Sat is value-for-money and includes starter, pasta, dessert, & coffee. Wanted to try the widely photographed pannacotta but it was not available, this really spoiled it for me! Location not convenient by public transport but I'll still come back.

Consistent performer

Part of the Spizza group (i think), I've been to this place 4 - 5 times in the past year. Each time my wife and I has always left pleased.

The missus is a big fan of the mushroom soup. It's hearty and hits all the right spots for me. Don't expect an epiphany here, it is just mushroom soup afterall, but a well balanced and very tasty mushroom soup is sadly a rare commodity these days.

Pasta's pretty decent too. The oxtail ragout fettucine is a big winner for me. I've had that almost every time I've gone there and wasn't once disappointed (apart from one time where the sauce was just lacking a little of its usual oomph)

Desserts are not bad and in line with the rest of the restaurant, pretty consistent.

The restaurant was only served by 2 servers so getting their attention can require some patience, but I've found their servers to be friendly and efficient.

Another good thing about this place, parking is seldom a problem given it's the only restaurant there. That being said, it's a horror to get to by public transport.

Homely italian!

look here for more: http://omgsohungry.wordpress.com

I loveeee Italian food!! It’s one of my favourite cuisines. This place uses fresh pasta for some of their dishes, which is awesome! Be sure to ask. Make sure you come for lunch to take advantage of the promotion - it's really worth eating here during lunch since lunch/ dinner menus are the same.

Anyway here’s La Nonna! Please head to the one at Namly Place, the food and service there is better. Best if you have a car. If you don’t, just take a 6-minute walk down Namly Avenue to get your stomach ready for a very homely Italianooo experience!!

They used to have a 50% off promotion for lunch which was VERY WORTH IT but it’s now changed to buy one main course, get one appetizer or dessert free. Less of a promotion if you’re a small eater, but good enough for the big ones.

I picked Vongole ($18) as an appetizer. Sauteed clams in white wine sauce, garlic and herbs. This was a bit too oily and buttery for my liking. Clams weren’t fantastic either. And my very silly friend hahaha did not want to share any of this so eating the whole pot of it is not very fun. Will try the Carpaccio next time!!

My main was Homemade Pappardelle with Chicken Liver and Black Truffle Sauce ($19). Yep you heard it, chicken liver!! Was feeling very adventurous that day. The pasta was cooked al dente, and it goes really well with the black truffle sauce, which was both fragrant and slightly smoky. Chicken liver… I don’t think you should all of it on the plate but it’s an interesting addition!

Friend had the Carbonara, which is just your typical carbonara. I forgot to take a picture I think he was too hungry! If you want a simple pasta dish not on the menu, just request and they’ll gladly whip it up.

Alternatively you can try their signature La Nonna Pizza – asparagus, mozzarella, parmesan, a sunny side up – it’s really interesting!

To round things off, this is the standard Tiramisu ($12). Should have ordered the cheese platter ($16) hahaha I am so indecisive. Most tiramisus taste of the same standard to me, I can’t remember how this was! But it’s more worth it than the tarts imo, those tarts are tiny and bite sized.

Okay way too many words. Bon Appetit!!!

Namly's best kept secret

It is easy to miss La nonna @ Namly Place, tucked into the lush neighborhoods.

Extremely cosy and the restaurant felt like it was in a world of its own.

Menu is rather comprehensive with a great variation and everything we ordered was a hit, but was thoroughly impressed with the Mozzarella e Parma (pan fried mozzarella wrapped in aged parma ham), Torta Della Nonna (lemon tart) and Merluzzo (cod fish on mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach).

Great service and both servers and manager alike were efficient, knowledgeable and intuitive.

Can't wait to go back, we'll probably try the other outlet at Holland Village!

A unique flavor | 一種純樸的原味

I’m a designer by profession, always sharp with details in beautiful things. The interior decoration and design of this restaurant is full of classical village feeling, very unique style of Italy restaurant.

I like the atmosphere during the night, surround by tranquil, suitable for couples, friends, and family gatherings. It is convenience to find parking space near the vicinity. However, the business is particularly well during the weekend, you might consider making an appointment before visiting, to avoid disappointment.

We both ordered appetizer, main course and dessert. Can't wait to introduce our scrumptious meal. (^-^)

Pumpkin soup

The taste of pumpkin soup was rich, you can feel the effect the chef put in for this soup. The mix of the spice and pumpkin with some pepper was perfect. I can still recall the great taste while writing this review.

Cod Fish

This Cod Fish was recommended by the waiter, it is not in the main menu, it’s the Chef menu for the week. The cod fish was fried to a golden brown skin, with a trace of salt taste top with mashed potatoes and vegetable mix, you can feel the ocean with every bite, I really love this main dishes.

My friends and I agree, it is worth spending the leisurely weekend evening chatting in such a dining environment with a glass of wine. (^-^)

從事設計工作的我,對於美麗的事物總是特別敏銳。這家餐廳位於Namly Place,室內的裝潢設計充滿了鄉村的古典情懷,風格非常獨特的意大利餐廳。

我喜歡這裡的夜晚氣氛,周圍寧靜,適合情侶,朋友以及家庭聚餐。駕車人士也容易找到停車位,這一點倒是非常便利。不過,由於這裡的週末生意特別好,要是沒有預約的話,可能會讓你白跑一趟喔。

我們兩個人點了前菜,主菜以及甜品。來吧!我迫不及待的要介紹了。(^-^)

南瓜濃湯

這一道南瓜湯的口味濃郁,每一口都能感覺到廚師的用心。香料的香氣不會完全覆蓋南瓜的原味,甜度也適中,建議放些胡椒粉,口味更是匹配。溫熱的湯是暖胃的開始,我非常的喜愛,正在寫這篇文章的時候,我又開始想起那個味道了。

Cod Fish

這道Cod Fish是服務員推薦的,也是本週廚師推出的新菜色。Cod Fish的鮮美口感,搭配馬鈴薯泥和蔬菜。煎成金黃色的魚皮,帶著微量的海鹽口感,每一口都能感受到海洋,我極愛這道主菜。

我和朋友都一致認同,這樣的用餐環境,來杯紅酒,談天說地,一個悠閒的週末夜晚,簡單又寫意的度過,值得再來。(^-^)