Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

mnadsjfd
 • 02 Mar 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
It is easy to miss La nonna @ Namly Place, tucked into the lush neighborhoods.

Extremely cosy and the restaurant felt like it was in a world of its own.

Menu is rather comprehensive with a great variation and everything we ordered was a hit, but was thoroughly impressed with the Mozzarella e Parma (pan fried mozzarella wrapped in aged parma ham), Torta Della Nonna (lemon tart) and Merluzzo (cod fish on mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach).

Great service and both servers and manager alike were efficient, knowledgeable and intuitive.

Can't wait to go back, we'll probably try the other outlet at Holland Village!

Must tries: lemon tart, biscotti, chocolate tart, Cocode pizza, cod fish, lamb, Lamb shank, lemon cream tart, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Pasta, pastas, pizza, pizzas, pizzas in general, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), risotto bringing a secret lover th

Brunch, Supper, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Vegetarians, Take Away, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Weddings, Business Dining, Corporate Events, Fine Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Wheelchair Friendly, Wine Lists, Live Band, High Tea

Tail of Rainy Day
 • 29 Feb 2012 4 reviews 2 followers
Overall
I’m a designer by profession, always sharp with details in beautiful things. The interior decoration and design of this restaurant is full of classical village feeling, very unique style of Italy restaurant.

I like the atmosphere during the night, surround by tranquil, suitable for couples, friends, and family gatherings. It is convenience to find parking space near the vicinity. However, the business is particularly well during the weekend, you might consider making an appointment before visiting, to avoid disappointment.

We both ordered appetizer, main course and dessert. Can't wait to introduce our scrumptious meal. (^-^)

Pumpkin soup

The taste of pumpkin soup was rich, you can feel the effect the chef put in for this soup. The mix of the spice and pumpkin with some pepper was perfect. I can still recall the great taste while writing this review.

Cod Fish

This Cod Fish was recommended by the waiter, it is not in the main menu, it’s the Chef menu for the week. The cod fish was fried to a golden brown skin, with a trace of salt taste top with mashed potatoes and vegetable mix, you can feel the ocean with every bite, I really love this main dishes.

My friends and I agree, it is worth spending the leisurely weekend evening chatting in such a dining environment with a glass of wine. (^-^)

從事設計工作的我,對於美麗的事物總是特別敏銳。這家餐廳位於Namly Place,室內的裝潢設計充滿了鄉村的古典情懷,風格非常獨特的意大利餐廳。

我喜歡這裡的夜晚氣氛,周圍寧靜,適合情侶,朋友以及家庭聚餐。駕車人士也容易找到停車位,這一點倒是非常便利。不過,由於這裡的週末生意特別好,要是沒有預約的話,可能會讓你白跑一趟喔。

我們兩個人點了前菜,主菜以及甜品。來吧!我迫不及待的要介紹了。(^-^)

南瓜濃湯

這一道南瓜湯的口味濃郁,每一口都能感覺到廚師的用心。香料的香氣不會完全覆蓋南瓜的原味,甜度也適中,建議放些胡椒粉,口味更是匹配。溫熱的湯是暖胃的開始,我非常的喜愛,正在寫這篇文章的時候,我又開始想起那個味道了。

Cod Fish

這道Cod Fish是服務員推薦的,也是本週廚師推出的新菜色。Cod Fish的鮮美口感,搭配馬鈴薯泥和蔬菜。煎成金黃色的魚皮,帶著微量的海鹽口感,每一口都能感受到海洋,我極愛這道主菜。

我和朋友都一致認同,這樣的用餐環境,來杯紅酒,談天說地,一個悠閒的週末夜晚,簡單又寫意的度過,值得再來。(^-^)

Dinner, Fine Dining, Quiet, Wine Lists

Juliana Heng
 • 29 Feb 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have always passed by La Nonna in Holland Village but never went in for a visit. By chance, while researching on HGW for a lazy saturday lunch, La Nonna at Namly Place popped up. Since we lived near to the area, we decided to give it a try.

The place wasn't too hard to navigate (thanks to GPS). The restaurant was pretty quiet during Sat morning; we figured the residents were still sleeping from a late Friday night. Set Lunch was still available on Sat (wow, the price was only $22++!) and we were lazy to decide and settled for this 3-course meal.

I had a fresh rucola salad with baby octopus for my starter. The rucola leaves were very fresh and not bitter unlike the many I have tasted in several places. There was a hint of sea salt that goes very well with my tastebuds while crunching the salad leaves. My main was a chosen spaghetti with prawns. For a not so well-know restaurant like La Nonna (at least in my eyes), the pasta was comparable to many other expensive and well-known italian restaurants I have tried (i've tried many, just never got to reviewing them!). I asked for a change in my dessert choice to Lemon Tart (Da Paolo's was good which is why I wanna do a comparison) and the staff was very obliging (I attribute it to the little crowd which was why I received full attention). I was so full by this time but the tart was so tangy and citrusy that I finished the whole plate.

On a sidenote, during dessert, I happened to look at the signboard of La Nonna and spied a small text "By Senso" at the bottom of La Nonna. It's no wonder that the food in La Nonna is so good, Senso is quite the leader in Italian food!

It was a very nice lunch and by the time we started leaving, people were starting to trickle into the place for late lunch. Will be back again for sure.

Must tries: Set Lunch, Pasta, lemon tart, lemon tart

Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarians, Take Away, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining