Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

st Chia
 • 01 Sep 2011 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I was waiting for my sister to pick me up after sending my pet to the vet next door. I sat outside and decided to order just latte while waiting. Throughout the order process (which is a very short one), I could already feel the bad attitude of the service staff. When footing the bill, I asked if I could pay by credit card. I was expecting a no since I only ordered coffee and it amounts to less than $10.

To my dismay, the service staff answered rudely 'No'. I came from a hospitality and tourism background and have done plenty of F&B work. A straight 'no' to the customer is an absolute NO NO. Whats more, his tone was pretty bad.

Later, I noticed that he was so polite to the family of Caucasians in front of me.

Totally disappointed with such service from a nice restaurant.

Dinner, Chillout

Martin Scarpin
 • 23 Jul 2011 1 review 0 follower
Overall
The food was as always great, but tonight we have been the last time in this restaurant.

We booked our table for 7pm, 3 Pax. We enjoyed our food, drinks and dessert. Around 8.10pm we have been asked to pay and leave, as the next lot of guests have arrived.

We just spend 170 SGD for 3 people!

The waitress then had the nerve to tell us that we should not feel offended.

This is offensive, and I would like to ask to be contacted and my total food bill to be refunded.

We never ever have been treated in singapore so low. A place to forget.

Rewind
 • 17 Jun 2011 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We were at La Nonna last night to celebrate a friend's birthday. The venue was suggested by the birthday girl so we decided to give it a try. When it was time to order, the waiter (dressed in a long sleeve white shirt and jeans) came over to take our orders.

We asked if there was any special for the appetisers and the waiter replied "pork sausage and scallop", to which we asked if it was 2 separate dishes or a dish on it own. He then told us its separate. So we asked how was the scallop done, and he replied "grilled". And we asked what does it come with, and he replied "asparagus la. its an appetiser you know". We were shocked at his rude attitude but decided to dismiss it. We proceeded to order the scallop with asparagus, and for the main course, we ordered the Cocode pizza (chicken sausage with fresh shitake mushrooms), Rib eye steak and Linguine with crab and tomato basil sauce.

When the appetiser arrived, we realised its seared scallop, not grilled, but anyhow, it was delicious. The main courses were all great, the pizza was thin crust with generous amount of toppings, and the linguine also had a generous serving of crab meat. The rib eye steak was ok, nothing special in particular.

Halfway through our meal, the same waiter came over to top up our ice water. And to our horror, one of our water was filled to the brim. so much so that if we were to pick up the glass, it would definitely have spilt all over the table. At this point in time we were getting bit frustrated at his lack of service. When the same waiter came over to clear our plates, we asked if he could kindly get us a new glass of water as this glass was too full, he mumbled "the ice must have melted", and after which he picked up the glass, and proceeded to pour out some of the water onto one of the plate he was holding and put the glass of water back on the table and said "now its not too full". We were lost for words... and what turned out to be a nice cosy birthday dinner was completely ruined by his bad service or lack of.

We wanted to try the tiramisu for desert but the bad service turned us off and we asked for the bill. The manager came over to pass us the bill and we explained the whole situation to him. He then apologised on behalf of the waiter. Even though the food was great, I don't think we would want to patronise the restaurant for fear of being horrified again.

Must tries: Cocode pizza