Summary

pizza, lemon tart, pastas, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Cocode pizza, Lamb shank, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), biscotti, chocolate tart, cod fish, lamb, risotto, Caprese, Rigatoni, Roast Cod fish, Set Lunch, spicy prawn fettuccine, squid ink pizza, tenderloin steak, tiramisu, veal ossobucco with saffron risotto View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Brunch, Take Away, Wine Lists, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Corporate Events, Supper, Vegetarians View all

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!

Most helpful reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

Unpretentious Italian food

The food here is simple and unpretentious italian fare, very suitable for a night out with family or friends.

Service here is unhurried and slow, so come only if you can afford the time. I recommend their wood-fired pizzas. So far I have tried 'la nonna' and 'cappricio' and they are both excellent! Pasta here is pretty good but not exactly mind blowing. The sea bass is juicy and tender, a good choice for fish lovers. In general their mains are well executed, so don't be afraid to try their daily specials or anything not mentioned here (:

Dessert is a must! I've never been disappointed during dessert :D must-tries include their tiramis ( non-alcoholic), banana crepe ( off the menu when i went yesterday), lemon tart ( also off the menu when i went yesterday ;_;), and their chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream which is highly recommended every time by their staff.

Ala-carte menu is half price on weekday lunches and they have a set lunch at 22+. However, I recommend going with ala-carte as they half the portion for set lunch and there isn't much of a choice given. A lot of people also takeaway their pizzas.

For a more detailed review and pictures, visit www.oysterdiaries.com

Simply lovely

Authentic Italian food served in a non pretentious homely setting.

Staff seemed rather proud initially but warmed up as time past.

Shared the (day's special) spinach fettucine with truffle and the Parma ham pizza. The fettucine was aldante and firm and went excellent with the truffle cream sauce that was only mildly creamy. Excellently executed but slightly too salty. The parma ham pizza was one of the best I ever had. Thin crust with a bed of leaves and ham, was tasty and satisfying. Surprisingly there was not much cheese which made the pizza seem healthier yet not compromising on it's taste!

Another diner had the rib eye which came in a relatively generous portion. It was commented that the steak which was ordered to be cooked medium rare was overly well done though.

We ended of the meal sharing a warm chocolate tart with vanilla icecream that was marvelous. Tart was abit thick and charred but the chocolate was molten warm and a tad bitter, simply devine(:

Definately a must visit again!

Safe, reliable choice for an evening out

Brought my friend here for her birthday treat as we both wanted Italian.  It's not my first time, but since my last visit about 3 months ago, they have changed their menu.  Some new items, but about 85% same, some revisions in prices upwards.  Most pastas and pizzas are at $19.

On the way over, I made a reservation which was good as the restaurant was 90% full by the time we left around 9'ish, considering it was mid week.

Started with the calamari, thin strips of squid tossed in a light batter and deep fried.  Good, nothing to complain about.

Shared the Papadelle with Oxtail Ragout (asked for it to be spicy) and the thin crust pizza with Ham and Pineapple.  The pizza arrived first followed by the pasta after a long break of about 20 minutes.  Pizza was good, baked in their modernised woodfired oven, crust was very crispy and toppings fresh.  The Papadelle stood out for me, although the portion was kinda small and prob would not satisfy a guy or gal with an appetite, the sauce with shreds of oxtail was rich and went very well with the al dente papadelle.  The chilli padis in the sauce which we asked for gave it some kick - definitely ask for that if you like your food spicy.

Overall a pleasant evening.  Service was good but I suspect they forgot some things like my glass of wine until 20 mins after we ordered it.  Also a plate of papadelle initially got plonked on our table and then promptly whisked away to another table when the waiter realised it wasn't ours (although we arrived and ordered before the other table??)

Anyway, do make reservations to be assured of a table especially on friday nights and the weekend as the restaurant is small.  But if you are looking for cosy atmosphere with decent food that won't break the bank, and without pretentious staff or patrons, La Nonna is it.

Oh, they currently have a great lunch deal on - 50% off anything on the ala carte menu (Mon-Fri)!

Good italian food, very good service

This is the place to go for a quiet meal with friends - wholesome italian food at a good price and very good service. The menu changes so you always have something new to order. Don't miss their cafe latte because it is milky heavan. If there is something on the menu that doesn't suit you, they are willing to adapt it to suit you to the best of their abilities. The wait staff are very experienced and friendly, and it is a lovely establishment. The food and service is better at Namly than at Holland Village.

Value for money Italian

I have been to several Italian rest, this is by far the most value for money, if you drive. Taking bus there is possible, there's a bus stop just right outside of Namly garden rd along Six Ave. We went there for our anniversary together with our little one.

Visited their website, so both my wife and I already have an idea what to order:

I had the Angello, Lamb shank. It's the best I have tasted, even my wife who hated lamb meat smell said it's superb. I rate this 10 in terms of taste but for a guy the portion it's a bit too little. Consider this only cost $28, man, I can't complain.

My wife had the Merluzzo, roast cod fish. It's another great dish for only $26. The Cod was fresh and my wife enjoy it very much for it's texture due to it's large cut. To me I think it's a bit overcook but for my wife it perfect cos she is pregnent so better be on safe side. We kept comparing this dish to what we have in Holland V which cost almost double.

For dessert, of course the popular torta della nonna, lemon cream tart. It just nice in terms of sourness, and the tart is so crunchy.

Also the warm bread basket was very nice as well. My 2 yr old daughter like the crunchy version while we like the warm soft bread.

I was thinking of trying starter Caprese, buffalo cheese and tomato but we worried it's too much for us. In the end, we regret didn't tried it. We pack a pizza Lanonna for our supper which you can't get in usual pizza house, yammy yammy.

All in all, we spend $97 but that's include the pizza to take away.