Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

Jenny
 • 16 Jul 2010 5 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We came here to takeaway food. One Nera pizza, which I have to say, is pretty unique. Instead of a typical tomato base, squid ink was used, and the toppings include cherry tomatoes, fish, mozarella, prawns, scallop and calamari. The slices I ate only had fish and prawn though. The toppings are waaaay too little, about two pieces of seafood on each slice. Overall, the crust was nice, but the cheese and squid ink was much too salty. The calamari we ordered wasn't such a big portion, and it came with a nice tomato based sauce. The really annoying thing was that the sauce was cold. Like literally just came out of a refrigerator cold. Clashed terribly with the warm calamari. The food here is acceptable, nothing so fantastic in my opinion. The staff were really snobby, which pissed me off a little, plus the atmosphere was cold. I will come back here, mostly because of the 50% of the bill during lunch promotion, but other than that, nothing really attracts me.

Take Away, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Private Dining, Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining

pooopie lim
 • 19 Jun 2010 42 reviews 1 follower
Overall
thin crust, just the right amount of cheese (not cloyingly sinful), tasteful and generous ingredients. all stars are the parma ham, ham and pineapple, magaritha pizza (ask to add truffle sauce). DELICIOUS, especially during weekday lunches(:

however, be prepared to wait and service crew often seemed hustled as the restaurant seems under staffed.

Must tries: pizzas

Brunch, Lunch, Healthy Eating, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, After Work, Quiet, Hidden Find

Bali summer
 • 01 Jun 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I was introduced to this small cosy restaurant tuck in the corner of the bukit timah area by a friend. I have to say that its location is really not the most convenient (esp. for those who don’t drive) and it was a little tricky to hunt it down. However, by the end of the meal, I was really happy that I found this place. We had 4 different main courses to share after asking for top up of the breads (we topped up TWICE!) that was being served as an appetizer. The breads were freshly made, crisp on the outside and warm on the inside. Accompanied by olive oil and vinegar, it was simple delicious!

Of the 4 secondis (main courses) that we had, most notable was the ossobuco and the bistecca. The meats were tender, fragrant and juicy all at the same time… hhhmmm…

After the very full meal, we were still adamant and pressed on for desserts. The 4 of us shared a Bianca and the Cioccolata. The latter was great – just as I’ve expected of a good chocolate lava cake. The Bianca however was a little disappointing, and did not stand up to impress. It was a little too sourish for my liking and the mousse was too bland.

One thing to note is the very personable service staff. They were extremely warm and friendly. We got carried away catching up with small talk that we were the last table to leave the restaurant. Yet, by the time all cleaning for the day was done and the staff was ready to go home, no one came by to chase us away! As we didn’t want to be blacklisted, we took the initiative and left – but of course, not without thanking them for their hospitality.  =)

Supper, Dinner, Girls Night Out