Summary

pizza, lemon tart, pastas, Parma ham pizza, parma ham with rock melon, Cocode pizza, Lamb shank, Red Snapper (which is not in the usual menu), biscotti, chocolate tart, cod fish, lamb, risotto, Caprese, Rigatoni, Roast Cod fish, Set Lunch, spicy prawn fettuccine, squid ink pizza, tenderloin steak, tiramisu, veal ossobucco with saffron risotto View all
Dinner, Quiet, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Brunch, Take Away, Wine Lists, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Corporate Events, Supper, Vegetarians View all

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!

Most helpful reviews for La Nonna (Namly Place)

Italian family favourites

I'm ethnically half Italian from my mother's side -- her family immigrated to New York from the Campagna region of southern Italy around 1905 -- so I've been brought up with a taste for Italian cuisine. While by no means the best I've ever had, or even the best in Singapore, La Nonna provides good value family favorites - pizza, pasta, meat and fish dishes with a decent wine list and regularly updated specials. Their desserts and coffee are also good. I must confess that I am more of a purist when it comes to Italian food -- I don't like my pizzas with fried eggs, pineapple, or various other bizarre toppings that I sometimes see in other Italian food establishments. La Nonna mostly sticks to traditional, regional styles. The service is efficent and friendly -- the waitstaff usually consists of local Indians and Chinese, but this restaurant is owned by Italian expats. I especially like the pizza nero -- squid ink/seafood pizza, especially when they load it with garlic. While situated in Holland Village amongst many other restaurants and bars, la Nonna is quiet, reserved and unpretentious even with a crowd (that is - quiet INSIDE the restaurant, not if you are dining al fresco, as the street is very busy with pedestrian traffic!). The decor is very basic -- a wood fired pizza oven, wine bottles on shelves and some basic wall art.

good food

went with my husband for a weekday dinner.. we ordered squid ink linguine, Spaghetti with mixed seafood in tomato sauce and Torta della Nonna as dessert... We enjoyed the food and most importantly, we loved the warm nice bread as well...

As for service, it was really just normal... There is one minus point that i wanted to comment is that the music apparently was too loud... to a certain extent, we couldn't really hear what the waiter was talking....

Same food as my Grandma's!

Went there with a couple of friends and their kid, and we were amazed by the excellence in simplicity found there.

Great typical homely food, nice ambience, good service, just nice!

Good Food, Good Service, plus damn good promotion.

I had lunch at La Nonna Namly last Monday. Patrons I saw were taitais,some Japanese some Caucasians.

After visiting their website, www.lanonna.sg, and seeing how delicious their food looks, plus their homely yet chic style, I decided to visit it. Plus, there was a 1 for 1 Ladies promotion. that's a good deal, that's why we could order more!

Anyways, I had:

Warm bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar-very good, bread was very soft and fragrant. You can tell its freshly baked by its smell and texture.

Smoked Salmon- Good- Atlantic salmon I think. shiok man. Omega 3! good for heart!

Parma Ham with Rock Melon- I really need to highlight this dish. The thinly sliced ham enabled me to taste the texture and unique taste of the ham. Plus, the melon was very fresh and sweet. I never liked rock melons, always thought that their smell was too strong, but the one I had that day was such a lovely combination.

Cod Fish – it was very good because of the fine texture. Probably cooked on low heat as the texture of the fish highlighted the smoothness and it was cooked just right. Sauce was special, light and complimented the fish very well.

Dessert- Lemon cream tart made with fresh Ricotta Cheese- very good too. Reminds me of crème brulee, except that it was better because the lemon cream had the right balance of tanginess yet not too sour, not too sweet, so its just right.

Cheese Platter- Brie cheese, cheddar, Blue cheese and other cheeses were served alongside sliced green apples, alongside was served with biscotti, it had a very good crunchy yet fragrant taste to it.

The server was very enthusiastic and warm, very prompt service, kept filling up my sky juice, and asked how my meal was, he was very sincere to see if the meal can be improved.

All I can say about this place is that is a great place for

dating,

dining,

having fun with friends,

classy yet homely.

Plus, the background music of bossa nova was so right for chilling out!

I’d be coming back here for a date with the boyfriend, give him a surprise with this nice place.

And for my next girls gathering, I know where to book now!

Cheers!

Homely place

The first thing that struck me about this place was that it was rather out of the way. Unless you happen to live in Sixth Ave, which makes it right in your neighbourhood.

Tucked in a row of shophouses opposite some terrace houses, it is not the first place you would think of going for Italian.

But it serves good Italian nosh, albeit in girl sized portions (read: some boys would still be hungry). my oxtail ragout rigatoni was very tasty.

Ambience was good - nicely spaced out tables, and the woodstove (?) behind the counter was interestingly reflected into the mirrors.

The desserts were a tad expensive - my friend paid about $10 for a scoop of gelato the last time she went! I had the warm chocolate cake which was a tad too sweet for me, but at least it came with a tiny but nice scoop of ice cream.

only grouse was that they forgot to give us a bread basket! And we were there so early, like around 6:30pm on a Sat. The crowd only started coming in when we started leaving around 7:45pm...