Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

Bali summer
 • 01 Jun 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I was introduced to this small cosy restaurant tuck in the corner of the bukit timah area by a friend. I have to say that its location is really not the most convenient (esp. for those who don’t drive) and it was a little tricky to hunt it down. However, by the end of the meal, I was really happy that I found this place. We had 4 different main courses to share after asking for top up of the breads (we topped up TWICE!) that was being served as an appetizer. The breads were freshly made, crisp on the outside and warm on the inside. Accompanied by olive oil and vinegar, it was simple delicious!

Of the 4 secondis (main courses) that we had, most notable was the ossobuco and the bistecca. The meats were tender, fragrant and juicy all at the same time… hhhmmm…

After the very full meal, we were still adamant and pressed on for desserts. The 4 of us shared a Bianca and the Cioccolata. The latter was great – just as I’ve expected of a good chocolate lava cake. The Bianca however was a little disappointing, and did not stand up to impress. It was a little too sourish for my liking and the mousse was too bland.

One thing to note is the very personable service staff. They were extremely warm and friendly. We got carried away catching up with small talk that we were the last table to leave the restaurant. Yet, by the time all cleaning for the day was done and the staff was ready to go home, no one came by to chase us away! As we didn’t want to be blacklisted, we took the initiative and left – but of course, not without thanking them for their hospitality.  =)

Supper, Dinner, Girls Night Out

rachel ong 124
 • 04 May 2010 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The food here is simple and unpretentious italian fare, very suitable for a night out with family or friends.

Service here is unhurried and slow, so come only if you can afford the time. I recommend their wood-fired pizzas. So far I have tried 'la nonna' and 'cappricio' and they are both excellent! Pasta here is pretty good but not exactly mind blowing. The sea bass is juicy and tender, a good choice for fish lovers. In general their mains are well executed, so don't be afraid to try their daily specials or anything not mentioned here (:

Dessert is a must! I've never been disappointed during dessert :D must-tries include their tiramis ( non-alcoholic), banana crepe ( off the menu when i went yesterday), lemon tart ( also off the menu when i went yesterday ;_;), and their chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream which is highly recommended every time by their staff.

Ala-carte menu is half price on weekday lunches and they have a set lunch at 22+. However, I recommend going with ala-carte as they half the portion for set lunch and there isn't much of a choice given. A lot of people also takeaway their pizzas.

For a more detailed review and pictures, visit www.oysterdiaries.com

Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, Private Dining, Quiet, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find

pooopie lim
 • 22 Apr 2010 42 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Authentic Italian food served in a non pretentious homely setting.

Staff seemed rather proud initially but warmed up as time past.

Shared the (day's special) spinach fettucine with truffle and the Parma ham pizza. The fettucine was aldante and firm and went excellent with the truffle cream sauce that was only mildly creamy. Excellently executed but slightly too salty. The parma ham pizza was one of the best I ever had. Thin crust with a bed of leaves and ham, was tasty and satisfying. Surprisingly there was not much cheese which made the pizza seem healthier yet not compromising on it's taste!

Another diner had the rib eye which came in a relatively generous portion. It was commented that the steak which was ordered to be cooked medium rare was overly well done though.

We ended of the meal sharing a warm chocolate tart with vanilla icecream that was marvelous. Tart was abit thick and charred but the chocolate was molten warm and a tad bitter, simply devine(:

Definately a must visit again!

Must tries: Parma ham pizza, pizzas in general, chocolate tart

Lunch, Dinner, Take Away, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, Girls Night Out, After Work, Quiet, Hidden Find