Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

Tum_Chiak
 • 14 Jan 2010 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Brought my friend here for her birthday treat as we both wanted Italian.  It's not my first time, but since my last visit about 3 months ago, they have changed their menu.  Some new items, but about 85% same, some revisions in prices upwards.  Most pastas and pizzas are at $19.

On the way over, I made a reservation which was good as the restaurant was 90% full by the time we left around 9'ish, considering it was mid week.

Started with the calamari, thin strips of squid tossed in a light batter and deep fried.  Good, nothing to complain about.

Shared the Papadelle with Oxtail Ragout (asked for it to be spicy) and the thin crust pizza with Ham and Pineapple.  The pizza arrived first followed by the pasta after a long break of about 20 minutes.  Pizza was good, baked in their modernised woodfired oven, crust was very crispy and toppings fresh.  The Papadelle stood out for me, although the portion was kinda small and prob would not satisfy a guy or gal with an appetite, the sauce with shreds of oxtail was rich and went very well with the al dente papadelle.  The chilli padis in the sauce which we asked for gave it some kick - definitely ask for that if you like your food spicy.

Overall a pleasant evening.  Service was good but I suspect they forgot some things like my glass of wine until 20 mins after we ordered it.  Also a plate of papadelle initially got plonked on our table and then promptly whisked away to another table when the waiter realised it wasn't ours (although we arrived and ordered before the other table??)

Anyway, do make reservations to be assured of a table especially on friday nights and the weekend as the restaurant is small.  But if you are looking for cosy atmosphere with decent food that won't break the bank, and without pretentious staff or patrons, La Nonna is it.

Oh, they currently have a great lunch deal on - 50% off anything on the ala carte menu (Mon-Fri)!

Dinner, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find

Chris Chan 850
 • 03 Jan 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is the place to go for a quiet meal with friends - wholesome italian food at a good price and very good service. The menu changes so you always have something new to order. Don't miss their cafe latte because it is milky heavan. If there is something on the menu that doesn't suit you, they are willing to adapt it to suit you to the best of their abilities. The wait staff are very experienced and friendly, and it is a lovely establishment. The food and service is better at Namly than at Holland Village.

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Vegetarians, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find

Maverick Wong
 • 21 Sep 2009 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I have been to several Italian rest, this is by far the most value for money, if you drive. Taking bus there is possible, there's a bus stop just right outside of Namly garden rd along Six Ave. We went there for our anniversary together with our little one.

Visited their website, so both my wife and I already have an idea what to order:

I had the Angello, Lamb shank. It's the best I have tasted, even my wife who hated lamb meat smell said it's superb. I rate this 10 in terms of taste but for a guy the portion it's a bit too little. Consider this only cost $28, man, I can't complain.

My wife had the Merluzzo, roast cod fish. It's another great dish for only $26. The Cod was fresh and my wife enjoy it very much for it's texture due to it's large cut. To me I think it's a bit overcook but for my wife it perfect cos she is pregnent so better be on safe side. We kept comparing this dish to what we have in Holland V which cost almost double.

For dessert, of course the popular torta della nonna, lemon cream tart. It just nice in terms of sourness, and the tart is so crunchy.

Also the warm bread basket was very nice as well. My 2 yr old daughter like the crunchy version while we like the warm soft bread.

I was thinking of trying starter Caprese, buffalo cheese and tomato but we worried it's too much for us. In the end, we regret didn't tried it. We pack a pizza Lanonna for our supper which you can't get in usual pizza house, yammy yammy.

All in all, we spend $97 but that's include the pizza to take away.

Must tries: Lamb shank, Roast Cod fish

Supper, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, Wine Lists
  • Lemon cream tart
  • Lamb shanks and tomato vege
  • cod fish and mesh potato