Parma ham pizza3 votes
Vegetarians3 votes

Chris Chan 850
 • 03 Jan 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This is the place to go for a quiet meal with friends - wholesome italian food at a good price and very good service. The menu changes so you always have something new to order. Don't miss their cafe latte because it is milky heavan. If there is something on the menu that doesn't suit you, they are willing to adapt it to suit you to the best of their abilities. The wait staff are very experienced and friendly, and it is a lovely establishment. The food and service is better at Namly than at Holland Village.

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Vegetarians, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, Hidden Find

Maverick Wong
 • 21 Sep 2009 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I have been to several Italian rest, this is by far the most value for money, if you drive. Taking bus there is possible, there's a bus stop just right outside of Namly garden rd along Six Ave. We went there for our anniversary together with our little one.

Visited their website, so both my wife and I already have an idea what to order:

I had the Angello, Lamb shank. It's the best I have tasted, even my wife who hated lamb meat smell said it's superb. I rate this 10 in terms of taste but for a guy the portion it's a bit too little. Consider this only cost $28, man, I can't complain.

My wife had the Merluzzo, roast cod fish. It's another great dish for only $26. The Cod was fresh and my wife enjoy it very much for it's texture due to it's large cut. To me I think it's a bit overcook but for my wife it perfect cos she is pregnent so better be on safe side. We kept comparing this dish to what we have in Holland V which cost almost double.

For dessert, of course the popular torta della nonna, lemon cream tart. It just nice in terms of sourness, and the tart is so crunchy.

Also the warm bread basket was very nice as well. My 2 yr old daughter like the crunchy version while we like the warm soft bread.

I was thinking of trying starter Caprese, buffalo cheese and tomato but we worried it's too much for us. In the end, we regret didn't tried it. We pack a pizza Lanonna for our supper which you can't get in usual pizza house, yammy yammy.

All in all, we spend $97 but that's include the pizza to take away.

Must tries: Lamb shank, Roast Cod fish

Supper, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Quiet, Wine Lists
  • Lemon cream tart
  • Lamb shanks and tomato vege
  • cod fish and mesh potato

butterfit
 • 20 Aug 2009 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For sat lunch the place was cozy & relaxed, there were only 2 tables filled (2 of us, & a family of 4). The brick oven visible just behind the bar gave an authentic feel. Bread basket had 2 types of bread, both fantastic with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Oxtail Rigatoni ($18) was perfectly cooked, the meat was so soft and the fat was all melted away into the rich sauce - EXCELLENT! MUST-TRY! La Nonna pizza ($18) was unique with the egg (yolk half-cooked) in the middle and jumbo asparagus, this was a thin-crusted one and the combination of the above w/ black truffle, tomatoes, mozzarella, and parmesan was quite nice but I will probably try their other flavors next time. Food was quick. Waitress very attentive. Set lunch ($22) from Mon-Sat is value-for-money and includes starter, pasta, dessert, & coffee. Wanted to try the widely photographed pannacotta but it was not available, this really spoiled it for me! Location not convenient by public transport but I'll still come back.