Review for La Nonna (Namly Place)

3.5

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 76 Namly Place, 267226

+65 6884 6884
19 Oct 2013

Disappointing

If you pretend to be an authentic italian restaurant and you charge upscale prices, clients expect something decent. Of the five orders four were not good at all. How difficult can it be to serve decent pastas and pizza? Penne: chunks of garlic overwhelming everything. Linguine: more shells than actual food, way too much liquids. Pizza prosciutto crudo rucola e parmigiano: more dough and rucola, very little else, making it dry and tasteless. Lasagna: only dish that was OK, still nothing special though. Only one (the one who ate lasagna) was still enthusiastic enough to order dessert. The carrot cake was dry and tasteless, making the vanilla ice cream stand out as the best part... With 4 soft drinks and a bottle of still water, total bill SGD 145. For less you can eat better and more in many other Italian restaurants in Singapore. Not recommended at all. So spare you the effort of finding this place tucked away in a residential area between Holland Road, Sixth Avenue and Bukit Timah.

More reviews of La Nonna

Excellent service and food

My most recent trip to La Nonna at Holland Village left me very impressed with both the service and the food. The waiters were extremely hospitable and quick to attend to us throughout our meals. We had 2 pizzas and 2 pastas to share among the 4 of us and it was nothing short of satisfactory meal. All the dishes were exquisite and my friends and I cannot wait to be back for more!

In steady decline

We quite liked the La Nonna at Namly Place since it is in our neighborhood - and there are not that many restaurants - and initially it had a nice neighborhood type atmosphere. We went there over the last 2 years about once a month with the family. One disappointment is certainly that they never intended to build up any kind of relationship with their clients. Although we went there so regularly, they never really became the friendly la nonna (the granny), who they supposed to be. However, what disappointed us most is that the food quality became worse and worse over time. They change their pizza chefs frequently and thus the quality does the same. Last month, the pizza was so greasy that it was almost disgusting. At our last (and certainly final) visit the pizza was totally scorched at the back (see picture). It was obvious, but nobody reacted, nobody asked whether that is OK or should be replaced... My granny would have replaced it.

Nice pastas

Recommended! Very cozy place to have a quiet dining moment with your special one. Menu here is quite extensive and pastas are great. Would give it 5-stars if they could just up their service standards a little. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Italian comfort food @ La Nonna

Full review @ http://jeanave.blogspot.sg/2015/02/lunch-la-nonna.html

It's a must to try La Nonna at least once in your life! Their food here is just so good and value for money! We will be back real soon ;)

Disappointment

After having a great time twice at the Holland Village outlet, my partner and I decided to give the Namly Place outlet a try, since it seems to have got better ratings on HGW so far

Unfortunately, neither the service nor the food was anywhere near the standard that we were expecting

The clams in the Linguine pasta were all stiff, with quite a number of them sandy as well. Sauce was too salty for my liking

The saffron prawn and asparagus risotto was slightly better, but too cheesy for my liking as well

The Holland Village outlet had really impeccable service. This one didn't make us feel welcomed at all. For the price we paid, we definitely expected better - for both service and food