Summary

Salted egg crab, BBQ Stingray, Punggol Mee Goreng, Black pepper crab, Kajang Satay, Tiger Prawns in Indonesian Curry, short-order dishes View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, After Work, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Children/Family, Dinner View all

Not so much for seafood but for the short-order dishes.

Short-order dishes are the noodles, rice that take a very short time to prepare.  There is usually a separate chef/cook that prepares this.

Food:  We ordered a fried grouper that was good but not memorable, romaine lettuce which was tasty but could have more depth of taste.  The highlight were the short-order dishes:  mee goreng was tasty without being hot,  good sauces that went into the noodles;  seafood hor fun that had good "wok hei",  fried rice, however was average tasting.

Value:  Pricey place to eat - too many foreigners know this place so they've adjusted the prices up !

Service:  PRC staff, halting English, better with Mandarin.

Ambience:  It's a converted port-facility shed turned into restaurant, a bit rough at the edges but functions well.  Airconditioning needs re-tuning, entrance curtains could be replaced by a working door to keep the cold in.

Most helpful reviews for Labrador Seafood

Terrible food/service

This is the first time I am writing a food review because the food is just terrible. Normally I would just forget about it but can't this time.
Yesterday, 24/10/2013, I brought my parents there to celebrate my father's birthday. There were 8 of us, 4 children and 4 adults.
I ordered the chilli crab and salted egg york crab. The cooking was terrible, the worst I have tasted. Both crabs were definitely smaller than what they claimed.
I ordered sweet/sour pork which is the worst I have tasted. The pork was not marinated and fried but just square cube of pork in sauce. The sambal kangkong and baby kailan was also terrible - no taste. The prawn paste chicken was just fried chicken with no prawn paste taste at all. The only dish that everyone like was the fried toufu.
It is very rare that we have meal in restaurant. We usually have weekend dinners in coffee shop zhi char and many of them cook very tasty food.
The cooking here is definitely worst than coffee shop zhi char.
My mother and wife (who both cooks) commented the food was terrible.
There was no service at all. Our plates filled up with crab shells were not changed - we have to get the plates from next table. Nobody refill our tea cup, we did it ourselves.
My total bill was $265 which I could have better spend in another restaurant.
We will never come back to this restaurant in my life.

OUT TO CHEAT YOU AND BAD SERVICE

Food/Drink 2| Value 1| Ambience 2

Bought 2 coupons for their crabs , made the necessary reservation more then 1 week ago. Surrendered the coupons upon arrival and ordered the crabs. But was billed for it. Also its supposed to be  800gms to  1 kilo , but when it came ..am sure that its at most 600 gms .
Service was very bad , only got to get plain water after 15 mins even when the room that we were seated had 3 tables that were occupied ( out of 6 tables that can seat 10 )
Our plates of crab shells were  not replaced with new ones even when our fried rice and  Tofu came .
Dessert plates were wet and  out of the 5 plates they only bother to take 3 away to dry .. I had to use my hankie to dry the other 2 before putting the crepe /cod egg durian roll on it .
I refused to pay the service charge and spoke to the person in charge  who claims that she cannot reverse it as its inbuilt into the system..  have U come across a  system that cannot  reverse an entry .......

I'll Be Back!

I decided to try out this away place after reading both good and bad online reviews. This place is certainly out of the way, right inside Labrador Park but parking is FREE. Doesn't feel like it's in Spore.

Four of us, we tried the salted egg crabs, BBQ stingray, sambal kang kong, BBQ chicken thigh and mee goreng. They were all actually quite authentic considering that this looks like quite a far-out bohemian place, especially for the crabs and mee goreng. Much better than other outside restaurants. The whole atmosphere was rather surreal as the service is quaint but sincere. All sorts of customers were seen - foreigners, park goers, families, corporate and many couples.

For us, we'll definitely come back again for it is a hidden treasure just a stone's throw away from the city and the crabs were really delicious plus the simple mee goreng and kang kong stuff.

Horrible

This is honestly the most clueless place I have ever seen.
 The staff have no idea what they are doing.
 I saw 3 staff in front of me serve one dish and not see me wave.
 The truffle fries we ordered did not even have a hint of truffle.
 The seafood was tasteless and not fresh.
 I ordered 12 sticks of satay only to get 6.
 We came here simply after our child played in the park and it was a HUGE mistake. In fact, I will share this with everyone on facebook I know as this place is so bad it should not exist.
 It is a real pity as the location is quite nice.
 But whoever who is renting this location to the owner, if u are please stop. This place is an insult to the food scene and if the owner has any pride in their food. They should either get better or quit