[email protected] (Portsdown)

Summary

Value3
Service3
Foie Gras, classic hot chocolate, ALL Chocolates!.., Chocolate Tart, Chocolate Truffle Warm Chocolate Cake, Egg benedict, Guanaja Chocolate Souffle, Hot chocolate, Ice Pearch Tea, Lava cake, Nicoise Salad, Souffle, cakes, cottage pie, pies View all
Quiet, Chillout, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, High Tea, After Work, Brunch, Children/Family, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Supper, Breakfast, Business Breakfast, Lunch, Wine Lists View all

Lazy Saturday Afternoon - not relaxed at this venue

Looked forward to spending a good afternoon with some girl frenz for tea and desserts. Only saving grace was the companionship.

Service was not as i had expected. As compared to the one at Robertson Quay, this place is horrendous. Second visit to this place and the last.

Thumbs-down Service:

Rude staff. Only 1 male staff was nice and smiley when i asked if i could park my car nearby. The others were tardy in taking orders and as we were seated outside, we were basically "out of sight, out of mind".

Never mind the wait for my chocolate souffle. It was not my first time having this dessert and i know i'll have to wait from 20-30min. The first time i had choc souffle was at the Robertson Quay branch and cos the made a mistake in sending my souffle to another customer who came later, they apologised and gave me and my gf some chocolates as their way of apology. I din mind waiting and i still dun mind but 10mins later, the staff came out and said they they've run out of souffle!? It was 2 plus on a weekend, isn't it too early to run out of souffle? I drove all the way to this place and they tell me they do not have the choc souffles? When my fren told her that I was away for a while and had to wait to see if i wanted another dessert, she went away looking unhappy? She never came back and ask anymore.

Then guess wat, 5mins later, i turned around and saw through the glass panel that the chef making like 6-7 souffles in the kitchen. When i asked gently and in an extra polite tone 1 waitress if she could check if they still have souffles left, the staff at the counter said 'no!' then i asked gently but the chef is making them now from what we could see and if she could check ifthey've really ran out? She went asking in a very unwilling manner...she then returned and told me yes do i want one then? Duh?! I din even bother saying 'Thank you' to her for asking.

So waited for another long 30mins. Strangely enough, my chocolate & vanilla drink by this time had still not arrived when our other orders had already been consumed. I asked the waitress. Did she check? I din noe cos she never got back to me. So i waited and asked again but to find that the order was not taken?! Hmmm...strange. So she asked if i still wanted it, yes of cos...i've been waiting for it really?

This branch seems to have a few more serving staff than the other branch and by 3 plus, there weren't many customers left, were they really that busy to even bother about our existence?

The bill came and i was not surprised that they made a mistake in it, by leaving out certain items we've ordered. My frenz were kind enough to remind them to make the necessary amendments.

But in any case, i decided not let the black-faced and blur serving staff affect this great lazy afternoon with my gfs.... we had fun chatting and enjoying the company. Just speaking for myself, i'll think twice abt going there in future.

Most helpful reviews for [email protected] (Portsdown)

Good value, good service, good food

Had lunch here, really liked the place and the service. It's definitely worth the money and the food here is good. Will be back, especially for the cottage pie and the lovely desserts. We also had some lovely crusty bread and butter and service was really quick and efficient

Unavailable Menu

Nice setting and a cozy place, however 3 out of 3 requests from the menu were unavailable.... No salads, an old menu still on display and unavailable and then no smoothies... Why bother displaying a menu when you don't offer what's on it.

Best Egg benedict

Very nice place to go for a late week end brunch. The area is unique, very relaxing. They have a great service staff very friendly. To me it was the best egg benedict in Singapore. Apparently they are also very famous for dessert I will come and give a try for sure!

Disappointed Mother's Day Brunch

The ambience was nice and that is about all that was good about this place. Don't recommend going there unless you want to be disappointed by the poor service and the fact that they don't serve the Chocolate Soufflé which they are know for. We tried to order the Creme Brûlée they again told us they don't serve that during lunch. The eggs Benedict, waffle and roast chicken with truffle sauce that we ordered was below par. Of the 4 waitress none offered to refill our water in the whole hour we were there. Terribly disappointed!!

The management of [email protected] (Portsdown) responded to this review:
12 May 2014
Dear Jimmy Thanks for your feedback. I m sorry to see than your mothers day breakfast didn't go well.You may have misunderstood the location, Laurent Bernard chocolatier is a brand name specialize in chocolate. there is 2 retails outlets to carry the brand name 1 in takashimaya B2 the second in shenton way, a small corner is also dedicated on Robertson quay. you where yesterday at [email protected] , it is not a chocolate bar but a coffee serving breakfast, and Lunch. I may recommend you to try our burger, or duck leg comfit. regarding the crème brulee i will try to add it to the menu. the soufflé is not available during breakfast we invite all our customer to help themselves at the water fountain. it s a casual place, serving casual food. I did contact hungrygowhere to change the name on the web site, they where using the brand name without our consent,. they did apologies and correct the mistake which may lead to this kind of situatio

Restaurant Week Dinner

It was a very pleasant dining experience at Laurent Bernard Chocolatier; a quiet, laid-back location definitely added brownie points. For a full run-down of my visit, please visit:

Enjoy :)