Reviews for Lawry's The Prime Rib (Mandarin Gallery)

3.6

AmericanCanadianEuropeanItalianSteak and GrillsWestern
Address: #04-01/31, Mandarin Gallery, 333A Orchard Road, 238897

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Birthday Dinner

Restaurant ambiance is good. Fine dinning. Service staff is attentive. Food price is high but worth it.
• 11 Apr 2015 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Memorable Birthday Dinner with areas for improvement

Overall
Firstly, my family and I enjoyed a really good steak dinner. We loved the great service provided by the staff, who were warm, friendly and attentive. Upon stepping into the restaurant, we were greeting by choruses of "Welcome to Lawry's!". Even when I stepped out of the restaurant to use the washroom, a staff at the reception table politely asked if I knew my way to the washroom and pointed the direction. Upon returning, she greeted me with a warm smile and "Welcome back!". I loved the 5-star service. As my family celebrated my birthday, we appreciated the complimentary photo prepared by the staff. The steaks at Lawry's are really delicious and succulent. And for a small eater like myself, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to finish an entire 250g ribeye steak on my own. It was great that the steak was not too heavy and yet sufficiently filling.   However, I would like to point out some areas for improvement. Firstly, my parents had called Lawry's 2 weeks in advance of our dinner. They had requested for table by the window, knowing my preference. We were told that such tables are only available for parties of 2. They then asked for a nice table for the family to celebrate my birthday, which the restaurant promised. To my disappointment, we were given a table at a dim corner of the restaurant. We also spotted a party of 5, who were seated by the window, inside the Orchard room. The restaurant should have informed my parents, upon booking, that such an option was available. There were also vacant tables by the wine cellar, which I would have preferred so that nicer photos of my family against the backdrop of the restaurant, instead of a dim corner capturing the cashier counter behind could be taken. Lastly, while I appreciated the birthday surprise prepared by the staff, it was disappointing to see that the complimentary slice of birthday cake was identical to the dessert given in the set dinner. The birthday cake should be unique. I hope that Lawry's will take my feedback into account.
  • Ribeye steak with fries
17 Apr 2015
Dear Ms Michelle Wee,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience at Lawry’s Singapore. We are humbled that our co-workers had served you and your family well thus gaining your recognition.

We are sorry to learn that the table assigned to your party was not up to expectation. In response to your feedback, we have personally counselled our front hosts over this incident and they have sincerely apologized for not checking if you were comfortable with your table on that day. In addition, your comments on our complimentary birthday dessert is well noted and we have notified our Executive Chef about it for future improvement.

We hope that this incident will not affect your future patronage, we look forward to welcoming you and your family at Lawry’s again in the near future!

• 27 Nov 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Birthday Dinner

• Birthday Dinner
28 Nov 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing Lawry's as a preferred venue to celebrate your special occasion, Helen168sg!

We are delighted to hear your compliments about our ambience, service and food quality! All of us at Lawry's are looking forward to welcome you and your guests again soon!

• 20 Nov 2014 • 27 reviews • 0 follower

Love their fish

Overall
This is my second visit to Lawry's.. the first time i was pregnant so didnt manage to sample their famous beef.... so decided to try them this time round... but i wasnt impress.....

The beef is soft and nice but the sauce accompanied them was rather bland... i love the Yorkshire pudding too which is nice and crispy but a little too small...

Was impress with their pan fried fish ... the prawn sauce that accompanied the fish is nice!!!

Last but not least, it is quite nice to watch the staff prepare the cold rotating salad :)

More photos and detailed review:
27 Nov 2014
Dear Sloopoo,

Thank you for your continuous support for Lawry’s! We are happy to learn that you and your children love our Yorkshire Pudding and Fresh Fish Selection dish!

We have noted your comment on our Au Jus sauce which accompanied the Signature Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and have notified our Executive Chef about it. Please be assured that Lawry’s Singapore remains passionate in providing the best dining experience to all our guests. We hope to see you and your family back at our restaurant again soon!