Summary

Steak, Waffles, mushroom soup, waffles, ribs, ice latte, shrimp salad View all
Children/Family, Birthdays View all

Western Halal Place!

For full review and more photos, please visit http://thumbsforfood.blogspot.sg/2014/02/le-steak-by-chef-amri-thumbsforfood.html

Le Steak by Chef Amri is one of the few halal restaurants that serve up steak. As such, when I heard of it's setting up at Jalan Kayu, it has been on my must-try halal food places. For those who know Chef Amri will know that he is a Celebrity Chef on Suria Channel. Besides being known for his charming persona, Chef Amri is known for his creativity in making healthy yet tasty dishes.    It is not difficult to spot Le Steak, especially on weekends when there is a queue. Le Steak is a casual restaurant suitable for family dining and group gatherings. You can also make a booking with Le Steak if you would like to book the venue for an event. They also have private dining room that you can make reservations. They however, do not take reservations for normal dine-in.

On Fridays, Weekends, eve of PH and PH, Le Steak offers Fresh Shucked Live Oyster for $22 half a dozen. The oysters are really fresh. For the price, we felt that it was quite worth it. For those who have not tried raw oysters, Le Steak is definitely a good place to try some!

Le Steak offers 3 types of steak- Ribeye, Sirloin and Prime Tenderloin. Tenderloin is the most expensive among the 3, priced at $28.90. We feel that the steak was reasonably priced for the portion that was served. The steak was a little too well done I felt. I ordered medium but, it was more of a medium well done steak. Flavour wise, I would say it is not too bad. I felt that if it were to be served hot, it would have been better.

My friend ordered Seafood Marinara ($13.90) which she was quite satisfied due to the generous serving of seafood that included mussels, squid and prawns. This dish was served hot which was a great plus point. The tomato base was well-done, not too sour nor sweet. For those looking for a pasta dish, this would be a good dish to order.

Waffle with 2 scoops of Ice Cream ($8.90) is available only on weekends. I would say the waffle was quite well-done, fluffy and fragrant. The maple syrup was not too overwhelming, preserving the flavor of the waffle. I would have appreciated that they have more flavors of icecream or homemade icecream instead of only having chocolate or vanilla.

Overall, I feel that Le Steak offers Muslim patrons a different dining experience. We would come back again for affordable priced steak. Their desserts were quite a pleasure too. Hopefully, next time around when we dine in Le Steak, the food will be served hot!

Most helpful reviews for Le Steak (Jalan Kayu)

Best Halal Steak you can find in Singapore

I liked that the meats are lightly seasoned, fresh and juicy.  I have tried the veal, lamb chops as well as the rib-eye steak - and they are really all good!

If there is anything to complain about, it is the location.This restaurant is rather out of the way...but I would bear the long car drive to get here, because the food is worth it!

Awesome Restaurant

A hidden gem. Great service and good steak! Price was ok given the ambience, service quality and quality of food! Jalan Kayu is a little far off for many people, but trust me its gonna be worth your time!

Steaky Moment

Despite that it may be quite inaccessible for those who do not possess their own transport, it is indeed a magnificent place to dine in for steak lovers. Tenderloin was done perfectly. Each mouthful of tender meat complements with Portobello mushroom sauce. The food was marvelous and would recommend to those who want to have a mini celebration with loved ones as the staff will make an effort to decorate the ice cream waffle plate. A wonderful experience that a come back is for sure!

A different kind of steak!

We came here to celebrate double birthday and we should warn others to make reservations! Always full bcos of the good food! The steaks are juicy and I enjoyed Wagyu albeit at a steep price. Gained a little knowledge on the marbling scale and different cuts of steaks found in the menu. Interesting info learned while waiting for the food to be served. The waffles are soft and fluffy... Just lovely! Always a must-have when visiting Le Steak!

Over-priced and overrated steak. Don't try!

Overrated and over-priced, not delicious steak. Not worth the value and wait.
Disappointing... I won't visit again. Menu price increased. Ordered Stirlorn steak (medium $18.90) and was quite raw. The mushroom soup was the saving grace and was quite tasty. My partner had chicken set ($11.90) and the roasted potatoes tasted blend. Service was slow and poor. (Cafe shouldn't charge 50 cent for water.) Only reviewers here are right, the food is mediocre.