Back to Le Steak248 Jalan Kayu
ThumbsForFood
 • 04 Feb 2014 165 reviews 3 followers
Overall
For full review and more photos, please visit http://thumbsforfood.blogspot.sg/2014/02/le-steak-by-chef-amri-thumbsforfood.html

Le Steak by Chef Amri is one of the few halal restaurants that serve up steak. As such, when I heard of it's setting up at Jalan Kayu, it has been on my must-try halal food places. For those who know Chef Amri will know that he is a Celebrity Chef on Suria Channel. Besides being known for his charming persona, Chef Amri is known for his creativity in making healthy yet tasty dishes.

It is not difficult to spot Le Steak, especially on weekends when there is a queue. Le Steak is a casual restaurant suitable for family dining and group gatherings. You can also make a booking with Le Steak if you would like to book the venue for an event. They also have private dining room that you can make reservations. They however, do not take reservations for normal dine-in.

On Fridays, Weekends, eve of PH and PH, Le Steak offers Fresh Shucked Live Oyster for $22 half a dozen. The oysters are really fresh. For the price, we felt that it was quite worth it. For those who have not tried raw oysters, Le Steak is definitely a good place to try some!

Le Steak offers 3 types of steak- Ribeye, Sirloin and Prime Tenderloin. Tenderloin is the most expensive among the 3, priced at $28.90. We feel that the steak was reasonably priced for the portion that was served. The steak was a little too well done I felt. I ordered medium but, it was more of a medium well done steak. Flavour wise, I would say it is not too bad. I felt that if it were to be served hot, it would have been better.

My friend ordered Seafood Marinara ($13.90) which she was quite satisfied due to the generous serving of seafood that included mussels, squid and prawns. This dish was served hot which was a great plus point. The tomato base was well-done, not too sour nor sweet. For those looking for a pasta dish, this would be a good dish to order.

Waffle with 2 scoops of Ice Cream ($8.90) is available only on weekends. I would say the waffle was quite well-done, fluffy and fragrant. The maple syrup was not too overwhelming, preserving the flavor of the waffle. I would have appreciated that they have more flavors of icecream or homemade icecream instead of only having chocolate or vanilla.

Overall, I feel that Le Steak offers Muslim patrons a different dining experience. We would come back again for affordable priced steak. Their desserts were quite a pleasure too. Hopefully, next time around when we dine in Le Steak, the food will be served hot!

Must tries: Waffles, Steak