Mon - Sat: 12:00 - 15:00
Mon - Sat: 18:00 - 23:00
Le Bistrot du Sommelier fits the rustic décor and which serves mouth watering dishes that every Singaporean or Foreign will love.
I had my birthday dinner there last year and the overall experience was good. It is small , simple , little place, not overly posh which I like. You can come and have dinner without worrying which fork or knife to choose first. It is casual and comfy yet still special and authentic.
The food is great and the service is also good. If you want to come in large group, you can choose this place since they have 2nd floor.
The starter was foie grass terrine and pork rilette. It taste quite rich . So if you want something light , then it is probably not the best option. The main dish was the beef tenderloin , it came with mashed potato. The mashed potato was quite outstanding, very smooth and melting in your mouth.
The beef was also done well, the meat is very juicy, succulent and tender.
I didn't try the dessert since the beef portion was quite filling . But overall, they serve a good food n good service. I will definitely come again.
I have passed this restaurant several times when I park my car nearby.
I came by for lunch recently with some friends. This was my first visit to this restaurant.
We tried some of the restaurant signatures. Here are the highlights:
- Home-made Rillettes: Duck Rillette ($10.80/ 100gm) and Rabbit Rillette ($12.80/ 100gm). These were served with house-made baguettes. The rillettes were mildly salty and paired well with the baguette. The rabbit rillettes weren’t gamey at all. Its nice.
- Salade de Tomate: $19. Picadilly Sicilian tomato were halved and arranged neatly on the bottom of the plate. Its topped with basil mousse and Parmesan crisps. The tomatoes were fresh and sweet. The basil mousse was unique and complemented the tomatoes.
- ‘Fillet de Poulet Roti’: Oven roasted free range chicken breast served with white wine and mushroom cream sauce and a side of mash potatoes. This was really god. My group loved it. The chicken breast was moist. The mash potato was a standout for me, so smooth and velvety. For my next meal, I can order this alone and eat it all by myself.
- Filet Mignon de Porc, Saucisson a l’ail et ‘Papet Vaudois’ (for 2 pax): $65. Pan-seared pork tenderloin and home-made garlic pork sausage served with ‘Papet Vaudois’. The pork was pink in the middle but it tastes good. The sausage standsout for the flavour and you can find radish and garlic in it. Lovely.
- Joue de Boeuf Braisee Au Vin Rouge (200gm): $32. Served in a Chinese claypot, its red wine braised beef cheeks with carrots and mushrooms served with a side of parsley potatoes. The beef is fork-tender and flavorful. I even finished the gravy that was in my bowl. The baguette also goes well with the gravy.
- Mille-feuille aux Framboises: $16. This was very pretty. It’s a raspberry ‘mille-feuille;, Opalys chocolate and vanilla whipped ganache. Couldn’t bear to cut into this dessert and spoil this ‘work of art’. Its light and easy to eat.
- Profiteroles: $15. A big Choux bun filled with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with warm chocolate sauce and topped with almond flakes. Easy to eat and gone in no time.
- Poached Plums: $14. This was a seasonal special. Plums are now in season and the chef poached the Reine Claude plums and served it atop bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on the side.
It’s a good French meal. The portions are good sized.
I recommend coming here with a bigger group of friends or family, so you can order more food and enjoy a wider variety of food.
Food-wise, they were well executed and it’s a meal I will remember.
For lunch, the restaurant has a 3-course TGV Set lunch at $35++ per pax (appetiser, main and dessert) which is good value.
I recently visited this French restaurant with friends, and the dinning experience did not meet my expectation. The wine rose was not probably chilled and it was not cold enough. The staff could not replace the french fries with cooked vegatables for the dish of beef onglet as requested. The service was slow and the duty manager did not care about customer satisfaction. Due to the Night Festival and the noise outside was unbearable. I used to like this restaurant, but the service has changed and it is no longer up to standard.