Review for Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice And Restaurant (李范南记鸡饭餐室)

3.6

AsianChineseHainaneseLocalSingaporean
Address: #01-04, 94 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, 310094
16 Sep 2012
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice And Restaurant

Slightly Overpriced

Went with my brother to tried LFNK. The soy sauce chicken is pretty nice & the sauce goes well with it. Ordered a side of Sausage and was surprised it was quite nice though abit dry & hard to chew. Recommend to just order barley instead of can drinks. Price is abit ex but overall is quite okay. Gave it a 7/10.

Expensive Chicken Rice in Toa Payoh

I have heard someone commented that the chicken rice was good. On a recent lunch, I decided to pop by to give it a try.

The store occupies about 3 units at a corner of a HDB block. Car park is convenient with a multi storey car park right in front of the store.

As we had some food before this, I ordered the soya sauce braised chicken drum stick. It came with a plate of rice and bowl of soup. It costs me $7.50. This is rather expensive, for chicken drumstick rice, and this is not even HDB Hub we are at. I was at Suntec City the next day and went to Food Junction, where Sergeant Chicken Rice was selling theirs for $6.

The verdict? The chicken is good and tasty. Portion was also decent. The rice was flavourful, although personally, I found it a little ‘wet’. The chilli is nice and spicy.

Overall a good plate of chicken rice, but price-wise, its steep.

Everything Good

If you love chicken rice, here the place to go for. The rice is delicious, the chicken is tender, the sauce goes well with the chicken rice, everything put together is just so delicious. Go and have a try!
Overall

Nice tradtional style soy sauce chicken rice.

Went to look for this place as it was highly recommended in HGW and it's within my walking distance for my exercise routine.

Bought half a chicken for $15 and 2 packets of rice for $2 home to share with my family of 4 and we had a very hearty dinner.

Chicken meat is really very tender and the rice is very fragrant too but the overall taste is just slightly above average as it's a little too oily and heavy.

Must eat with their chilli sauce, it's really yummy with the chilli sauce added as the sweet chilli sauce blended well with the soy chicken rice and give an refreshing note to it.

Will definately go back for more if I've craving for soy chicken rice.

Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice - Yummzz

Lee Fun Nam Kee Soya Sauce Chicken is very famous in Toa Payoh. Check out the photos : http://mrupupup.blogspot.sg/2012/06/lee-fun-nam-kee-soya-sauce-chicken.html

Mrupupup as a Food lover never visited this place. Well, last week I finally got to try the Lee Fun Nam Kee Soya Sauce Chicken. The place is located at Blk 94 Toa Payoh Lorong 4. The soya sauce chicken was great and the fragrant rice was wonderful. The soya sauce chicken comes with their famous brown soya sauce (check out the photos). Mrupupup went to the outlet on a weekday and it was packed with many people enjoying themselves with the food. Mrupupup even ordered extra helpings of their rice and tender chicken. Yummzzz!