Back to Les Amis#02-16, Shaw Centre, 1 Scotts Road

Wine Lists4 votes

Derek Wong
 • 17 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Nice place for lunch.... strong nice tasting meal with adequate portion.... almost full house during weekday lunch

Must tries: angel hair pasta with lobster and ebi

Fine Dining, Formal Events, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, Quiet, Dinner
  • angel hair pasta with lobster and ebi
  • angel hair pasta with lobster and ebi

ThaiAndroid
 • 23 Sep 2014 1 review 4 followers
Overall
Service and food drink is so great, i will get back and enjoy lunch with my friends and family    :)

Must tries: 4-course set lunch, Complimentary items, Obsiblue prawn

• food

whaleliciousfay
 • 18 Sep 2014 123 reviews 5 followers
Overall
We were lucky to be able to book 2 days in advance cause when we reached Les Amis, we realised they were running at full house! Enter through the door to be greeted by staff in suits. Oh yes, not just the service manager but everyone was smartly dressed in suits. I was glad I was not dressed too shabbily. Keke.

My girlfriend and I went with the 5-courses set menu, priced at $95:-

1) Bread, Complimentary

2) L’asperge blanche – White asparagus in “blanc mange”, oscietra caviar. This was so good! Smooth pudding of white asparagus on top of sour cream, and perfectly dotted with parsley purée!

3) Le homard – Warm lobster encased within baby spinach accompanied by classic fish bone sauce. The effort that was put to wrap the ball of fresh, chunky lobster meat with just 1 thin and delicate layer of spinach leaves. Oh my! And the results for both presentation and taste were amazing.

4) L’anguille de riviere – Grilled river eel with baked potatoes, pearl onion confit.

5) Main with options of:-

(A) Sakura ebi – Angel hair pasta with lobster, crispy sakura ebi and a touch of parmesan. This was normal. Although it’s also a dish I wouldn’t recommend choosing, especially at a restaurant like Les Amis. I felt the ratio of lobster meat to ebi (shrimps) should have been better managed. There were too much of the fried shrimps.

(B) Saumon d’ecosse – Wild Scottish salmon served in two ways with aromatiques aromates.

6) Souffle “reine-claude” – Hot souffle of Reine-Claude with a refreshing yoghurt sorbet. Soufflé was beautifully baked although it was the yogurt sorbet, topped with a fresh plum, that stole the lime light. So light and refreshing!

7) Petits fours

8) Coffee

And lunch was over in what seemed to be a blink. Haha. We wanted more! Les Amis certainly delivered their philosophy of giving the ultimate fine dining experience through their attention to details and dedication to sourcing the finest ingredients. However, Les Amis being one of the longest players in the F&B industry, probably it’s time to step up and out of comfort zone by serving more bold and outstanding dishes that leave an impression.

----------