Back to Les Amis#02-16, Shaw Centre, 1 Scotts Road

Wine Lists4 votes

ThaiAndroid
 • 23 Sep 2014 1 review 4 followers
Overall
Service and food drink is so great, i will get back and enjoy lunch with my friends and family    :)

Must tries: 4-course set lunch, Complimentary items, Obsiblue prawn

• food

whaleliciousfay
 • 18 Sep 2014 114 reviews 5 followers
Overall
We were lucky to be able to book 2 days in advance cause when we reached Les Amis, we realised they were running at full house! Enter through the door to be greeted by staff in suits. Oh yes, not just the service manager but everyone was smartly dressed in suits. I was glad I was not dressed too shabbily. Keke.

My girlfriend and I went with the 5-courses set menu, priced at $95:-

1) Bread, Complimentary

2) L’asperge blanche – White asparagus in “blanc mange”, oscietra caviar. This was so good! Smooth pudding of white asparagus on top of sour cream, and perfectly dotted with parsley purée!

3) Le homard – Warm lobster encased within baby spinach accompanied by classic fish bone sauce. The effort that was put to wrap the ball of fresh, chunky lobster meat with just 1 thin and delicate layer of spinach leaves. Oh my! And the results for both presentation and taste were amazing.

4) L’anguille de riviere – Grilled river eel with baked potatoes, pearl onion confit.

5) Main with options of:-

(A) Sakura ebi – Angel hair pasta with lobster, crispy sakura ebi and a touch of parmesan. This was normal. Although it’s also a dish I wouldn’t recommend choosing, especially at a restaurant like Les Amis. I felt the ratio of lobster meat to ebi (shrimps) should have been better managed. There were too much of the fried shrimps.

(B) Saumon d’ecosse – Wild Scottish salmon served in two ways with aromatiques aromates.

6) Souffle “reine-claude” – Hot souffle of Reine-Claude with a refreshing yoghurt sorbet. Soufflé was beautifully baked although it was the yogurt sorbet, topped with a fresh plum, that stole the lime light. So light and refreshing!

7) Petits fours

8) Coffee

And lunch was over in what seemed to be a blink. Haha. We wanted more! Les Amis certainly delivered their philosophy of giving the ultimate fine dining experience through their attention to details and dedication to sourcing the finest ingredients. However, Les Amis being one of the longest players in the F&B industry, probably it’s time to step up and out of comfort zone by serving more bold and outstanding dishes that leave an impression.

----------
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blogFood Blog

Morsels of Delice
 • 09 Sep 2014 50 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Alas, gone were the days where I can enjoy the Gillardeau Oysters that are exceedingly fresh, plump, fleshy, juicy and creamy, with a light taste of unami. Also gone is the foie gras that literally melts in the mouth, enhanced by the light grill taste at the surface. I miss the chargrilled pork that is stronger in taste, yet not overpowering, where the grilled meat taste without the porky smell, is extremely pleasing to the palates. Where is the Grape dessert, a beautiful dessert? Where the milky, not too sour yoghurt goes perfectly well with the refreshing grape granite, one of the best desserts I had in restaurants.

The only thing I do not miss are the fish dishes, since they are bland and a tad fishy in taste.

I appreciate the chef Armin Leitgeb's sense of creativity in presenting the dishes in bold and different forms, completed with very subtle and light taste of herbs, fresh ingredients, not seen in any other menu elsewhere, yet retaining the traditional nature. The desserts are sublime—the chef used rarely seen combinations of ingredients to create something that tastes so different, complex and blissful.

But now, there's no more of these with the change in chef lineup. What is left now are the okay appetizers and mains, and horrible dessert (the oh-so-sour apple pie with a oh-so-bland crust is the worst I had ever eaten).

For photos featuring the former glory of this place (well, the posh decor of the place is still there, featured in my photos also), visit my blog at http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/les-amis-epitome-of-fine-dining.html