Back to Les Bouchons Rive Gauche#01-01, 41 Robertson Quay

People Watching5 votes

Bingqin Liang
 • 16 Nov 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
went there on a Saturday , ambience is cosy and nice. Ordered skewered lamb and salmon for me and wife. Friends ate steak. When the dish arrives, the presentation is a disappointment. It looks like western food from a hawker. But the steak and lamb taste good enough to remind you that you are in a restaurant but it does taste ordinary. The waiter was serving the food across my toddlers head when my friend ask to be serve from another side to avoid accident, he just cannot be bothered. One of my friends steak was given rare Instead of medium rare . When she told the waiter about it, they shrugged it off saying their steak tends to be a little mote raw . They are also not birthday celebration friendly as they charge 10 bucks for cake corkage.

at the end of the day, we leave the restaurant feeling Unsatisfied. Total damage for 8 main course is 400. There are certainly better place to spend that money.

Zach Sim
 • 27 Jun 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
i went there with my gf for dinner. had escargot, ribeye and sirloin. the escargot and the sirloin were a bit too salty. i dont really like the side salad too but the ribeye steak was very good, juicy and tender. the service was not bad too.

The City Nomad
 • 29 Nov 2012 145 reviews 28 followers
Overall
Back in the day, before Marina Bay Sands, before all these new great meat-themed places opened up around town, my friends and I would often debate over which of the two steak-et-frites titans was number one....and it always came down to Les Bouchons vs. l'Entrecote. Personally I was always a firm supporter of Les Bouchons.

Since the 'olden days' I've been a busy Nomad rambling around town and  have dined on a plethora of superb steaks. It'd been over a year and a half since I'd been to Les Bouchons and earlier this week was presented with the perfect opportunity to reacquaint myself with their outlet on Ann Siang Road; a guys night out.

In case you've never had a chance to visit this institution of a steakhouse, let me give you the down-low. The concept of Les Bouchons is simple. The menu is one page and the theme is steak; sirloin, ribeye, filet or l'entrecote (for 2 pax). Each main comes with a side salad and the famous free-flow of their fries. There are also some appetizers and desserts to choose from but don't expect a huge selection on a one-page menu ;-).....

To continue reading the full review and to see photos, please visit City Nomads here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/french/251/les-bouchons-champions-of-steak-et-frite