Back to Les Bouchons Rive Gauche#01-01, 41 Robertson Quay

People Watching5 votes

The City Nomad
 • 29 Nov 2012 106 reviews 26 followers
Overall
Back in the day, before Marina Bay Sands, before all these new great meat-themed places opened up around town, my friends and I would often debate over which of the two steak-et-frites titans was number one....and it always came down to Les Bouchons vs. l'Entrecote. Personally I was always a firm supporter of Les Bouchons.

Since the 'olden days' I've been a busy Nomad rambling around town and  have dined on a plethora of superb steaks. It'd been over a year and a half since I'd been to Les Bouchons and earlier this week was presented with the perfect opportunity to reacquaint myself with their outlet on Ann Siang Road; a guys night out.

In case you've never had a chance to visit this institution of a steakhouse, let me give you the down-low. The concept of Les Bouchons is simple. The menu is one page and the theme is steak; sirloin, ribeye, filet or l'entrecote (for 2 pax). Each main comes with a side salad and the famous free-flow of their fries. There are also some appetizers and desserts to choose from but don't expect a huge selection on a one-page menu ;-).....

To continue reading the full review and to see photos, please visit City Nomads here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/french/251/les-bouchons-champions-of-steak-et-frite

Maricelle Wong
 • 17 Nov 2012 10 reviews 45 followers
Overall
I had the 'best thing on the menu' which was the Ribeye, with their special butter on top which made the steak really juicy, their home made fries, and a salad to start!

for the full review and more pictures, go to: celleout
The ribeye was very tender, some parts were fatty the way I like my meat! haha, and I was super full by the time I got to the fries. My steak was Medium Rare and it came well cooked. hurhur.well.cooked. but yeah, I like how the steak wasen't over cooked! nor undercooked! and the cut definitely satiated the steak-craving.

the ambience is nice and quiet, and the restaurant is small and cosy, about ten tables inside, ten tables outside alfresco style. great for hot dates ;) birthdays, and somewhere nice to just enjoy the night =)

the service isin't that good because there aren't alot of waitresses, and we were next to a bar counter so no one could see us!

ThumbsForFood
 • 06 Oct 2012 150 reviews 2 followers
Overall
For full review and photos visit http://thumbsforfood.blogspot.sg/2012/09/les-bouchons-rive-gauche-robertson-quay.html

Grilled steak that comes with free flow of fries is a temptation hard to resist. We were there for a friend's birthday. Ambience wise was pretty good sitting by the river. The meal comes with salad and an array of sauces.

Personally, I felt that for the serving, the price is quite reasonable. However, taste wise, I feel that the steak pales in comparison to hog 's breath.

Plus, there is a $10++ charge for cake cutting if you bring your own cake. I find that it's not very reasonable because the restaurant don't sell whole cakes and imposing the fee is quite a turn-off. Service was not very good because the person did not refill our water promptly and food took a long time t be served.

I guess it's worth a try if you're there for the ambience.

Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Quiet, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Wine Lists