Reviews for Lime House

BeerCaribbeanWesternWine

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Lime House

For full writeup, please visit http://www.umakemehungry.com/2014/04/lime-house.html

I had their special menu, Seabass in Paillote. In comes in a pouch where the fish was infused with the flavors of tomato, capers, garlic, and lemon. Gravy was more on the spicy side, packed with coconut milk flavours, taste wise, one can relate the taste to our local "laksa".

It was a really good experience to have such a cuisine in Singapore without having the trouble to fly over 30 hours just to enjoy one. Now that I found a new place for Liming, I would not hesitate to recommend my friends here. However a meal for 2 would cost about hundred bucks.
• 10 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Service spoiled it all…

Overall
We ordered rum and mixers; that should be easy to come by, right? Not so much at Lime House. One person behind the bar on a Saturday night, in a place that serves mostly cocktails? That means you will have to wait. A long time.

For the second round, after a 30 minute wait (and two follow-ups with the waiting staff), we called the person who took our order (the manager I believe) and her answer was out of this world. An apology would have been appropriate but instead, she scolded me, explaining that other persons were waiting for their drinks and that I was being impatient (30 minutes in?) Worse, our drinks would come at some point in the evening but she could not foresee when. We had to keep quiet and smile.

I don’t enjoy being lectured and talked to like one talks to a little boy, even less so when I am a paying customer. We settled the (hefty) food bill and left never to return.

Food was tasty (albeit pricey) but for politeness, look into your local hawker or McDonalds.
• 19 Dec 2014 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Really that good?

Overall
I haven't had the chance to try this restaurant but I get a taste of their hospitality. A friend of mine book a pre X'mas dinner for a group of friends. 2 days before the reservation, Lime called her and have to cancel her bookings.

The reason is that they have an event going. So you left a poor person to scramble to get a venue for the group when the reservation has been confirmed. Well done. Guess our money wasn't good enough compared to the event.

Really? 2 days before then you guys knew you have an event and cancel reservations? Well done!!
• 20 Aug 2014 • 107 reviews • 1 follower