Review for Lime House

BeerCaribbeanWesternWine
Address: 2 Jiak Chuan Road, 089260

30 Dec 2013

I'm impressed!

Dinner at Lime House was nothing short of amazing. Food was heavenly to say the least. With a rack of tender ribs, slabs of flavorful Jerk chicken and a unique Deconstructed Pina Colada to round it all up, we had a really satisfying meal with my palate on constant overdrive.

Service was also top-notch. Besides fulfilling all our requests promptly, the restaurant manager (Joseph if I'm not wrong?) constantly went out of his way to find out if the food was to our liking.

I'm really impressed with the level of service and quality of food at Lime House and I'm definitely coming back with my mates.

Cheers,
Pierre

Jerk Chicken, Pilton choc cake, Deconstructed Pina Colada, carribean fish cake

More reviews of Lime House

Liming With Caribbean Cuisine

Full Lime House review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2015/06/lime-house.html

Lime House has gained quite a following since opening in June 2013. Owner Chris Morris, a native of Trinidad & Tobago, wanted to introduce the concept of 'liming' - a term which refers to hanging out in a casual atmosphere. With this Caribbean tradition of 'liming', the Lime House offers a buzzing social calender of music & dance events, almost like a carnival of sorts. And with the friendly service and great tasting Caribbean food at Lime House, a visit here is definitely an experience!

Ambience at Lime House calls to mind the beach atmosphere of the Caribbean. Vibrant coloured wooden furnishings, Caribbean inspired paintings of traditional costumes and dancing, urban world music playing over the background speakers, old rum bottles along the rafters of the dimly lit interior. The heritage building Lime House is in still retains its original wooden carvings and tiles, with rather high ceilings lending a sense of space. And with 3 floors to accomodate different occasions, the vibe at Lime House is casual and friendly.

Service at Lime House is casual and friendly, with staff offering greetings and seating diners quickly. I find them to be knowledgeable on the menu, able to provide basic descriptions of the more exotic dishes. I note that Lime House staff are also pretty hardworking, assisting to prepare / clean up the place for events, including moving sofas around! They're also able to engage in friendly conversation, especially the bartender in the Lime Yard, their backyard tropical garden themed lounge.

Food at Lime House is influenced by Caribbean cuisine. Chef Hasan Defour, who hails from Trinidad & Tobago, has created an eclectic menu, a mix of African, European, Indian, Chinese, South American, and North American cuisine. This celebrity chef has introduced tasty, traditional Caribbean dishes, alongside exciting modern house creations. Generally, I find dishes to be packed with flavour, served in large portions. Prices are slightly high, budget about SGD $40 per person for a 2-course meal here.

The Classic Rum Punch (SGD $18) at Lime House features a refreshing, fruity mix of house rum, bitters, orange juice, pineapple juice, and lime juice. Cooling and thirst quenching, perfect for warm evenings!

The classic dish of Fried Plantains (SGD $5) originates from African cuisine. Made by pan frying ripe plantains till the exterior turns golden brown and slightly crisp because of caramelisation, then dipping the thin slices quickly in a salt water dip to make the interior soft and creamy. Fried Plantains can be served as a snack, a dessert, or as a staple item.

The Sweet Potato Gratin (SGD $24) is a casserole baked dish of layered sweet potato slices, coconut cream, and garlic crumb, garnished with arugula leaves. Tasty and fragrant, you get the layers of sweet, tangy, sour, and floral garlic flavours. However, I did feel the portion is slightly small for me.

POOR Service

poor service with attitude manager. Buffet catered, request for label and was told that they don't provide label for their food.
 Service by unpleasant manager attitude throughout the Company event.
 Unprofessional ways of handling customer.
 Poor quality of red wine serve
 food was average but NOT worth the price.

Service spoiled it all…

We ordered rum and mixers; that should be easy to come by, right? Not so much at Lime House. One person behind the bar on a Saturday night, in a place that serves mostly cocktails? That means you will have to wait. A long time.

For the second round, after a 30 minute wait (and two follow-ups with the waiting staff), we called the person who took our order (the manager I believe) and her answer was out of this world. An apology would have been appropriate but instead, she scolded me, explaining that other persons were waiting for their drinks and that I was being impatient (30 minutes in?) Worse, our drinks would come at some point in the evening but she could not foresee when. We had to keep quiet and smile.

I don’t enjoy being lectured and talked to like one talks to a little boy, even less so when I am a paying customer. We settled the (hefty) food bill and left never to return.

Food was tasty (albeit pricey) but for politeness, look into your local hawker or McDonalds.

Really that good?

I haven't had the chance to try this restaurant but I get a taste of their hospitality. A friend of mine book a pre X'mas dinner for a group of friends. 2 days before the reservation, Lime called her and have to cancel her bookings.

The reason is that they have an event going. So you left a poor person to scramble to get a venue for the group when the reservation has been confirmed. Well done. Guess our money wasn't good enough compared to the event.

Really? 2 days before then you guys knew you have an event and cancel reservations? Well done!!

Lime House

For full writeup, please visit http://www.umakemehungry.com/2014/04/lime-house.html

I had their special menu, Seabass in Paillote. In comes in a pouch where the fish was infused with the flavors of tomato, capers, garlic, and lemon. Gravy was more on the spicy side, packed with coconut milk flavours, taste wise, one can relate the taste to our local "laksa".

It was a really good experience to have such a cuisine in Singapore without having the trouble to fly over 30 hours just to enjoy one. Now that I found a new place for Liming, I would not hesitate to recommend my friends here. However a meal for 2 would cost about hundred bucks.