Back to Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant#05-01, Liat Towers, 541...

Healthy Eating5 votes
Vegetarians5 votes

Erica L99
 • 15 Nov 2012 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I was at Ling Zhi to celebrate my dad's birthday as he's a vegan. We had pre-ordered a day earlier their claypot rice. This is not in their regular menu and is only avaliable on weekends except for pre-orders. The rice was very fragrant. It was well mixed with woodear mushrooms, tao gua, carrots, corn, and just the right touch of light soy sauce. A medium order serves 4 people.
Have this with their speciality: braised spinach soup served in bamboo bowls. An interesting presentation that excites my salivary glands. It is a thick, green broth and tastes not too salty. Each bowl is not much, yet it comes at a pricey $7 per person. But the taste is worth it.
For dessert, I reccommend the lemongrass jelly with lime sherbet. The jelly had just the right texture, not too chewy and not too soft. And unlike most desserts, this one is not too sweet, for the health-concious.
Although one may think this restaurant is more for the older generation, there was a table with teenagers. Obviously, the menu appeals to both the young and the old.
The captain explained to my grandmother in Cantonese about the ingredients. She and her staff were very enthusiastic. They constantly filled up our cups with tea and the dishes were served punctually and we did not have to wait for a long time.
You can also take-away some dim sum. We tried the lor mai gai and char siew bao. My vegan dad found them both tasty.
Overall, the service was professional and the food was delicious yet healthy.

Must tries: claypot rice, Braised spinach soup

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays

The Hungry Unicor
 • 10 Oct 2012 9 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant, a place known to many from the older generation.

Having never tried vegetarian foods before, I was rather apprehensive when my mother suggested this place established since 1991. But if a vegetarian restaurant's been around more than 20 years, you know you're doing something right.

The ambience of the outlet at Liat Towers was exceptionally quiet and def a place you'd never expect to find a restaurant or even realize it's there unless you knew of its existence. We were warmly greeted by staffs, and promptly seated thereafter.

We decided to settle for Rock and Roll Salad ($16), Sautéed Monkey Head Mushrooms with Dried Chilli ($20), Home-Made Beancurd ($7/each) and Steamed Eggplant ($16). The staff was extremely helpful in giving suggestions and many others around my table helped constantly refill the tea.

The Rock and Roll Salad ($16) was out of this WORLD! The concept in itself was interesting. The waitress would present the salad to you in a jar filled with greens, cashew nuts, raspberries, blueberries and japanese mushroom. After pouring their 'special sauce' in, she would shake the jar back and forth till all the ingredients were mixed. I don't hate salad, but I've gotta say this is one of the best combinations I've tried. Whoever knew raspberries could complement the taste of japanese mushrooms and cashew nuts? If you ever head to Lingzhi, do give this a chance!

Then came the Home-Made Beancurd ($7/each). When I sliced through it, it was green! Yes, green. At first I thought it was made from green tea but when I asked the waitress corrected me and said they were made from edamame beans. Laid atop 2 xiaobaicai's and drizzled with a special sauce, the dish was small but exceptionally good.

About 10 mins into the meal, the Sautéed Monkey Head Mushrooms w Dried Chilli ($20) arrived. In all stupidity, I asked my mom what the main component of the dish was - Which was obviously mushrooms. Battered and sautéed, at first glance the dish looked like your regular sweet & sour pork you can find at hawkers centers. However upon biting into it, the taste of fresh mushrooms would envelope your mouth, coupled with the spiciness and a bit of sweetnesses. This filled me up the most cos we didn't order any carbs sadly :(

The last dish was the Steamed Eggplant ($16). I've never had eggplant in my life and I probably never will again. This is going to be completely biased cos I don't fancy eggplant but I do have to say the dish was fresh and the eggplant soft. However I found it too tasteless for my liking even though accompanied with soya sauce and the eggplant too oily. The staff was kind enough to provide us more sauce and constantly asked us how the food was throughout the meal.

The service was exceptional. The staff was friendly and actually made the effort to change our plates and split our salad into 2 without hesitation.

Would I come back again? Most certainly. There's always a price to pay for good service & food, and this is a price worth paying.

Must tries: Rock N Rock Salad

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Quiet

Hello Kitty 888
 • 24 Oct 2011 19 reviews 7 followers
Overall
I am a not a vegetarian... And I don't really like those mock meat that I had in those vegetarian stall at coffee shop...

Lingzhi vegetarian food was GOOD! we didnt order much mock meat stuff.. because I don't really fancy mock meat..

1.Braised king Oyster mushrooms($18++) was very tasty! The best dish for tonight! Love it, esp the Oyster mushroom! I think I can have at least 3 bowl of rice with this, if I was at home la... I had 1 bowl of rice there la! Yummy Yummy! :-)

2.Fried Veg Cake.. Quite expensive $14! The skin was quite crispy! But I feel it taste too bland... I think it would be nicer, if they add some shredded carrot in it...

3. Ee-fu Noodles!$14++.. With veg, mushroom and carrot... The noodles were flavorful! Quite nice la! I don't really like the carrot... It would be good if they cooked it softer!

I will go back again for more food!

For more food reviews and photos, visit my facebook at hellokittymich@facebook.com

Must tries: braised oyster mushroom

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Quiet