Reviews for Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant (Liat Towers)

AsianChineseVegetarian
Erica L99

Good for your heart :)

I was at Ling Zhi to celebrate my dad's birthday as he's a vegan. We had pre-ordered a day earlier their claypot rice. This is not in their regular menu and is only avaliable on weekends except for pre-orders. The rice was very fragrant. It was well mixed with woodear mushrooms, tao gua, carrots, corn, and just the right touch of light soy sauce. A medium order serves 4 people. Have this with their speciality: braised spinach soup served in bamboo bowls. An interesting presentation that excites my salivary glands. It is a thick, green broth and tastes not too salty. Each bowl is not much, yet it comes at a pricey $7 per person. But the taste is worth it. For dessert, I reccommend the lemongrass jelly with lime sherbet. The jelly had just the right texture, not too chewy and not too soft. And unlike most desserts, this one is not too sweet, for the health-concious. Although one may think this restaurant is more for the older generation, there was a table with teenagers. Obviously, the menu appeals to both the young and the old. The captain explained to my grandmother in Cantonese about the ingredients. She and her staff were very enthusiastic. They constantly filled up our cups with tea and the dishes were served punctually and we did not have to wait for a long time. You can also take-away some dim sum. We tried the lor mai gai and char siew bao. My vegan dad found them both tasty. Overall, the service was professional and the food was delicious yet healthy.
15 Nov 2012 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Good for your heart :)

10 Oct 2012 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

You'd Never Guess.

Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant, a place known to many from the older generation.

Having never tried vegetarian foods before, I was rather apprehensive when my mother suggested this place established since 1991. But if a vegetarian restaurant's been around more than 20 years, you know you're doing something right.

The ambience of the outlet at Liat Towers was exceptionally quiet and def a place you'd never expect to find a restaurant or even realize it's there unless you knew of its existence. We were warmly greeted by staffs, and promptly seated thereafter.

We decided to settle for Rock and Roll
24 Oct 2011 • 19 reviews • 7 followers

Delicious Vegetarian Food!

I am a not a vegetarian... And I don't really like those mock meat that I had in those vegetarian stall at coffee shop...

Lingzhi vegetarian food was GOOD! we didnt order much mock meat stuff.. because I don't really fancy mock meat..

1.Braised king Oyster mushrooms($18++) was very tasty! The best dish for tonight! Love it, esp the Oyster mushroom! I think I can have at least 3 bowl of rice with this, if I was at home la... I had 1 bowl of rice there la! Yummy Yummy! :-)

2.Fried Veg Cake.. Quite expensive $14! The skin was quite crispy! But I feel it taste too bland... I think it would be