Review for Little Diner

AmericanWestern
Address: 789 Bukit Timah Road, 269763
12 Sep 2012
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Little Diner

Book Ahead - it's worth it

just what it promises - american comfort food. enjoyed burger and steak sandwich. nuggets for kids in shape of dinosaurs - big hit!
Overall

Decent food, poor service and value

Ordered v2 mac & cheese. found it to be too oily with excessive amount of synthetic tuffle oil. The hand cut tuffle fries were soggy and cold. High roof design resulted in the noise being amplifide making it hard to strike conversation or to enjoy a meal. Staff looked tired and lack motivation. i sat beside the counter and had to verbally call out to them because they were engaged in their own conversation. Would not come back for a second time.

Hungry bellies sent away

Making the journey up Bukit Timah road on a wet Tuesday night should be rewarded with a delicious meal from a restauraunt which was reccomended to my by a friend. Arriving in the door at 20.56 sharp, the waiter politely told us the kitchen was closed, to which I said that on the website it says it is open until 10PM, with last orders an hour beforehand (having done my research that day and taking wet Tuesday traffic into account after work). He went back and asked the (presumably) managment if they could take our order, he returned and no was the answer. Determined to try the steak sandwhich and truffle fries (with the smell of truffle filling the air for the 3-4 tables of people enjoying their dinner) I suggested we just order food to take away, which was also responded to with a 'no', as the Kitchen had closed at 20.55 (it was now 20.57)

This situation irked me so much that now I'm at home eating takeaway food having just signed up to hungrygowhere.com just to leave this review. I should be full with a steak sandwhich and truffle fries on my home!
 Normally I never complain, accomodating service goes a long way to keep people happy. Unfortunately tonight, we were turned away. I will not make the effort to go back there again no matter how good the reviews for food are as poor service is an all too common thing. I will also let the person who recomended this place to me how dissapointed I was having to wait in the rain outside to try and get home.

In this day and age where restaurants are a dime a dozen, some good staff who don't want to finish up early will go a long way to keeping a business not only alive but also thriving.

Bad service.

Arrived without reservations. Server ask if we got reservations and we said No. The managers/owners insider gave us an unwelcome look and told the server to tell us the place was full despite several tables were empty. Told us to sit outside in the hot sun if we want. Impression was that they are not interested in ppl without reservations and has a can't be bothered attitude to provide any alternatives. Hopeless service, bad attitude and Not child friendly environment. If you have small children look elsewhere because they don't seem to welcome kids here. This will be the first and last time here.
Overall

Poor service negates the efforts of the cook

We arrived about 8.30 to be immediately told we could make an order but the kitchen was closing at nine. The order was made and the food, reasonable burgers and chips arrived in good order.

Around about 9 the cafe started to empty and soon we were the last couple. Slowly bits of the table started to disappear, spare plates, spare cutlery, emptied plates.!all done by the waiter who give her her due did ask. Soon I just had my beer. The bill was dropped on a plate and the waiter scuttled away.

I said I would pay but not the service charge, the bill arrived  with 10% added, I sent it back.

Why does an eatery open and offer a place to sit if it wants them out by 9pm on a Tuesday?

We have been here a few times, I guess the owner was away, but there are plenty of burger joints around, give this one a miss.