Summary

Truffle Mac & Cheese, American Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Beef Tenderloin, Carbonara, Chicken Roulade, Feisty Aglio Olio With White Clams, Hamburger of any kind, Lamb Ragu, Old School Baked Mac & Cheese, Red Velvet Pancakes, Rosario\\\'s Fried Risotto Balls, Stuffed Super Cereal-Crusted French Toast, pork rack View all
Dinner, Chillout, Lunch, Brunch, Children/Family, After Work, Hidden Find, Ala Carte, Girls Night Out, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Little Diner

Amazing food! Even better service!

This is my 3rd time coming here and haven't been disappointed yet. Their baked mac and cheese is delicious and highly recommended! Their service staff is top notch and really friendly! Thanks!

Freaking awesome pasta

Popped by for dinner with the boyfriend as we both like to hang out there when we crave Western food.

Kicked off the meal with the Cesar Salad - the dish is pretty basic in itself, consisting of romaine lettuce served with croutons, hard-boiled egg and lots of cheese, but the homemade sauce was tasty in itself to make this a good and simple starter.

For mains, I ordered the Carbonara which all of friends recommended, and I can now understand why - think I can safely say this is one of the best I've had! The sauce was smooth and creamy, without the overwhelming factor that a lot of cream-sauces have as you progress through the dish. Quite simply fantastic :)

My bf ordered the Steak Sandwich which was part of the day's special menu. The dish was well executed although not particularly unforgettable. Kudos to the restaurant for making homemade fries though which are left with a bit of skin for extra crispiness and deliciousness!

All in all, the pasta was the star of the show - had the aglio olio the last time which was awesome too. Will be back for more :D

Book Ahead - it's worth it

just what it promises - american comfort food. enjoyed burger and steak sandwich. nuggets for kids in shape of dinosaurs - big hit!

Decent food, poor service and value

Ordered v2 mac & cheese. found it to be too oily with excessive amount of synthetic tuffle oil. The hand cut tuffle fries were soggy and cold. High roof design resulted in the noise being amplifide making it hard to strike conversation or to enjoy a meal. Staff looked tired and lack motivation. i sat beside the counter and had to verbally call out to them because they were engaged in their own conversation. Would not come back for a second time.

Hungry bellies sent away

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service 1

Making the journey up Bukit Timah road on a wet Tuesday night should be rewarded with a delicious meal from a restauraunt which was reccomended to my by a friend. Arriving in the door at 20.56 sharp, the waiter politely told us the kitchen was closed, to which I said that on the website it says it is open until 10PM, with last orders an hour beforehand (having done my research that day and taking wet Tuesday traffic into account after work). He went back and asked the (presumably) managment if they could take our order, he returned and no was the answer. Determined to try the steak sandwhich and truffle fries (with the smell of truffle filling the air for the 3-4 tables of people enjoying their dinner) I suggested we just order food to take away, which was also responded to with a 'no', as the Kitchen had closed at 20.55 (it was now 20.57)

This situation irked me so much that now I'm at home eating takeaway food having just signed up to hungrygowhere.com just to leave this review. I should be full with a steak sandwhich and truffle fries on my home!
 Normally I never complain, accomodating service goes a long way to keep people happy. Unfortunately tonight, we were turned away. I will not make the effort to go back there again no matter how good the reviews for food are as poor service is an all too common thing. I will also let the person who recomended this place to me how dissapointed I was having to wait in the rain outside to try and get home.

In this day and age where restaurants are a dime a dozen, some good staff who don't want to finish up early will go a long way to keeping a business not only alive but also thriving.