08 Apr 2015
I was at Millenia Walk and was looking for a place to dine with my business partners.
We didn’t have much time for lunch. We walked by Conrad Hotel. Their Lobby Lounge has a business lunch menu available for weekdays. A 2 course meal cost $24 for a choice of appetiser or daily cake and a choice of main course. A 3 course meal at $32 includes a choice of appetiser, a choice of main course, a choice of daily cake and coffee/ tea.
What I like about the menu was that there were a choice of 5 appetisers, choice of 10 main courses and an additional option for each weekday. This means that you can dine
I came on a Tuesday and the main course option was BBQ Braised Beef Short Ribs with mashed potatoes and steamed carrot.
There were 6 options for desserts!
My lunch partners and I ordered our own sets and we had a chance to sample each other’s orders. Here are the highlights:
- Quinoa Salad: It came with radicchio leaves, cut Portobello mushrooms and tomato dressing. This was good. A healthy appetiser and would appeal to ladies.
- Glass noodle vermicelli salad with beef and vegetables in soya sauce: I find this dish a tad salty, which could be due to the soya sauce. Would have preferred for this dish to be served warm.
- Sushi: Nice presentation. There was 2 temaki rolls: Tuna and Salmon, and a Tuna sushi and Salmon sushi.
The portion is generous, and kudos to the hotel for that!
- BBQ Braised Beef Short Ribs with mashed potatoes and steamed carrot: The portion is good. The taste is good and the mashed potatoes were good. I finished almost all of this by myself.
- Lasagna Bolognese: This was very good. Highly recommended. The Bolognese sauce is done very well with a traditional taste. I loved it.
- Chicken Shawarma with salad vegetables: This is like a chicken wrap. The chicken reminded me of tandoori chicken, sliced and placed in a wrap. We asked for wasabi sauce, but the taste was mild and it has hard for me to pick up the taste.
- Kahlua Espresso: The hint of Kahlua is light. A fair bit of cream and I wished there was more biscotti in it. But its not bad.
- Sherry Trifle: This was nice. It has a texture of light Japanese cheesecake. And its interlayered with sliced peach and chocolate. Its good, must try!
- Pear and Ginger Raisin Crumble: A crumble tart. It was alright.
We finished our meal within an hour and its good to dine in a cosy ambience with deep chairs and a nice environment and attentive service from the staff.