Review for Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant (莲心素食餐厅)

3.5

AsianChineseVegetarian
Address: #02-00, Robinson International Hotel, 201 Balestier Road, 329926
13 Nov 2013
Overall

Even the non-vegetarians will love it

Been here a couple of times and everytime, it just gets better. I wouldn't say you get food that you cannot even tell they are vegetarian, but rather, they make sure that the dishes they serve are fresh gluten and vegetables. Check out my blog for more pictures! :) http://colourfulpalates.blogspot.sg/2011/12/lotus-vegetarian-restaurant.html
Chicken rice, laksa

More reviews of Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

Vegetarian Day

Extremely poor service- staff were unfriendly and inefficient. Did not serve us any side dishes but included it in the bill. When we clarified it, was even suspected of lying. This makes us extremely displeased. Food was mediocre and slightly pricey. What a ruined Thursday lunch when it's suppose to be a happy occasion bringing my grandmother out. Poor.

Vegetarian buffet for all

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant from Taiwan makes even carnivores happy with its spread of quality Taiwanese dim sum and buffet specialty items. From Mondays to Thursdays, diners feast on steamboat items – choosing from the herbal or spicy soup base; while from Fridays to Sundays, the spread is Asian and international. Think Taiwanese dishes, Japanese sushi, salad and fruits, western soups and local chicken rice and curries – not always of the mock meat variety.

Best vegetarian restaurant

Omggggg this place is a definite must go vegetarian place. It not only serves ala carte, it serves buffet as well. Went there twice and I really love it.

The steamboat variety have such a wide spread and I've never seen a vegetarian restaurant with such wide variety. They even have dim sum, thumbs up for that. Their Asian buffet was so well done with wide variety. With laksa chix rice and so on.
The first time I went there for ala carte and I feel that their service was not bad. Food was served fast and the waitress have ultra good memory. She didn't jot down my picks but could remember them all. Impressive I must say.

Just recently I went for their buffet. And it was a pleasant one. The table tops placed signs going environmental friendly and try not to waste food. I totally agree when it comes to this because as a vegetarian we do our best to save the environment and not harm it.

Overall I just love this place! ^^

Horrible Experience, Rude staff, Mediocre food

Horrible experience. Will not come back.
Very rude staff. Food was mediocre at best.

Had the buffet
The spread was not attractive, and some of the food were not replaced or topped up after it ran out. Had to wait long for the new batch to be brought out

Taste of food was mediocre at best, with most being bland and texture was not good. Went there with expectation to have good vegetarian food, read the reviews.
Excitement died when i saw the spread.  It was ordinary. Tasted ordinary and lacked any excitement.

Service was terrible and horrible, with unhappy faces shown when requesting of topping up of steamboat soup. If small pieces of food is left, although very small amount (1-3pcs), please be prepared to be shouted at from across the adjacent table to finish up your food, when asking for the bill.

Not once but several times

It was very embarrassing for me and my guest.
We had the other tables staring at us like we did something really wrong

A restaurant should not shame its customers.

Besides, it was only 1-3pcs of wonton which we could not finish.

When this is brought up to the manager, she just laughs it off. Says she cannot do anything but just talk to the staff. Then proceeds to laugh and chuckle like your feedback didn't mean anything to them and they don't treat you seriously.

Never been treated so shabbily in a restaurant
Food was not good to begin with
Service was terrible