Review for Loving Hut (Joo Chiat)

4.1

AsianChineseInternationalNonyaTeochewVegetarianWesternHealthy
Address: #01-01, 229 Joo Chiat Road, 427489
24 Jul 2014

Go Vegan!

Vegan food - https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/loving-hut-229-joo-chiat-road/

Who says vegan food can't be compared to meat?!

It's a pleasure to eat so much vegan food that looked and tasted just like any meat dish!

Please try the Bali Bliss Soba Salad, Nyonya Laksa Lemak and the Tunna Zen Sandwich with B12 French Fries.

My favourite is the Nyonya Laksa Lemak which consists of a bed of thick bee hoon bathed in a rich spicy broth and garnished with shredded cucumber and an additional plate of pea sprouts. It's lower in calories and a top pick among health conscious people. The "prawns" come from Taiwan. I personally don't find the laksa spicy so it does suit most people who cannot take so much spice. The laksa is also pretty rich in taste despite it's 60% soy and 40% coconut milk.

I'm also impressed by the vegan beer, which tasted like tiger beer but it's non alcoholic so you will never get drunk.

More reviews of Loving Hut

Overall

One of my favourite vegan places in Singapore

Since my mum recovered from Stage 4 Colon cancer, it has been a challenge looking for places she can eat out with us so I am thankful for Loving Hut as the food is organic, vegan! my favourites are the local dishes like Teochew Mee Pok, Nasi Lemak.

More photos and dishes at:

Little Expensive Vegan food

Had been to this vegan restaurant on Sunday. Ordered Aglio Olio, Almond Crumb Fillet, Trio Chips(Fairy large portion), and a Burger.

We opted for a Lemonade too.

Aglio Olio is a disappoint for me as I dont like mushroom and I had to search for Pasta in a heap pf mushrooms.Wish I know they add lotof mushroom in this dish.

Almond Crum fillet is delicious with mashed potato, Crispy yet not oily patty and buttered veggies.

Tadoori flame burger is tasty but something is missing in it. Me, being an Indian, expecting an authentic Tandoor taste I guess ;).

The trio crips(we ordered Fries, onion rings and mock prawns) portion is very generous and 3 adults can have it easily as a side dish. We could not finish them.

Highlight is the Tartar dip. Glad that they dont charge for extra serving of dips or sauces.

Overall I paid $67 which I felt expensive for an adult and a child.Want to go back and try other dishes too as their menu is widespread.

Morethan the price, I am more concerned for its location as we can reach there only by bus #33.

Have a break, go Vegan

Loving Hut is a franchise from the global group, and is actively promoting foodies to try going vegan for a change. Not particularly for any religious reasons, but more for health as well as being part of a global initiative, to improve our environment.

To be honest, it started out quite a big challenge for me, since I’m a bona fide meatarian. However, this was an eye opener; owing to the creativity & impression set upon my 1st encounter at this cozy little hidden find.

Loving Hut has conjured a localized menu that adheres strictly to their vegan principles without compromise for taste & texture. Not to mention, the calorie count is endorsed by Health Promotion Board (HPB) too. So, the weight watchers, health conscious and those with stricter dietary regimes need not fret.

For full review: Click here
For photos: Follow me

This one time experience has changed my perspective & stereotype towards vegan/ vegetarian food for good. In fact, I’ve been trying different things in the kitchen in recent days, in the hope that I can conjure some healthy meat-free dishes myself.
Overall

Vegan food never tasted so good. who needs meat

Ordered the Tandoori flame burger. Oh my god. its so nice.
My wife ordered the Laksa, I must say it is favorful and definitely as tasty as your usual laksa.

I will be back there.