Review for Lower East Side Taqueria

Latin AmericanMexican
Diner Voyager • 09 Aug 2014 • 7 Reviews • 0 Follower

Worst Tacos ever (Service and Poor Table Maintenance)

Lifestyle listed this place as best 5 Tacos so it was my to do to try it. No one served us so we just picked a table and then was told we have to sit at the alfresco at one of the bar table. The bar table and the accompanying bar seats feels awkward for height unless you are super tall. Nonetheless, we continued but then. The table started wobbling badly. Informed the waitress and she disappeared. A guy in blue polo came over and took our order. After placing our order, I asked if he could have some paper and stacked it under the stand as it is wobbling since things might topple if we don't hold it down constantly. He said it is not that bad and went off. There was another guy complaining to him about the table and had to change table. We ordered the Corn Chips with 3 sauces. The accompanying sauces were too little. (photos attached). Had the tilapia taco and it was stuffed with rice garnish and a tiny piece of fish. Had chorizo taco and it was the same thing except the chorizo was chopped up and didn't have the kick. It is served as 3 for a choice so you can't have much variety except mouth of rice and garnish. So ordered quesaillas - the campesinos and I don't know what went wrong with the dish. Nothing Mexican about this joint at all. We left half our food and called for the bill. Got up and the disaster happened, the table wobbled till our bottles crashed to the floor and damaged my phone. Waiter wasn't even apologetic and said it isn't their fault. No discount, just denying. If you want to just chill with a drink, ya not bad place. If you are going there for food, I would say don't waste your money here.
Overall
  • Chorizo
  • Tilapia
  • The sauces were tinier than it looks