Reviews for Lucha Loco

Latin AmericanMexican
Address: 15 Duxton Hill
karinasathar030793

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.
14 Jan 2015 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Tequila and Margarithas

Overall
  • pomegranate and passionfuit margarithas
18 Dec 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Yes will go back!

Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))
26 Oct 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Lucha Loco: Disappointment

Four of us two couples) went for dinner to Lucha Loco on Sat evening. The ambience to sit outside is good and its quite lively.

The disappointment started when the unfriendly host took the order and served food & sangria.

We ordered 1 starter, 1 main course & 2 meals from the section where it says 'for sharing'. The servings for all the dishes were just too small. The starter finished in one bite, the for sharing meal, was good just for a single person, who is not too hungry!

Sangria was nothing special. Each sip ended by with a note in mind that I have tasted much better ones in the same town.

Post our dishes we were left hungry so we order 2 more tacos, which were served in paper cups. They came in single serving, soft shell, with a decent flavour.

Overall the experience was a disappointment. Maybe my expectations was a lot higher for a place where I spent almost 50 bucks per head!!

p.s. pls carry your own pepper if you like to have some in your food, as they don't keep any!