Back to Lucha Loco15 Duxton Hill

Night Out3 votes

Diner Voyager
 • 09 Aug 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We did a Walk in and waited around 30 minutes for a table. The ambience was lively and the music was great! It was worth the wait! The Crab tostadita blew us off, it was that good!!!! Definitely a MUST TRY!

We moved on to the Tacos where we had the Pork Belly, Fish Batter , Braised Beef and the Lamb. The fish and lamb came out tops. The jicama with the pork belly added a different texture. What I can I say is, each Taco had their own flavour so it didnt get boring. Quesadillas was normal and taste good but nothing outstanding. The vegetables in the tacos and the variety of garnishes are refreshing.

We had to wait for our manago ceviche, it only came after we reminded the waiter but apart from that service was good despite the busy crowd. Mango ceviche is really tart if you can take sourness. It was refreshing and cleans the palate.

The only gripe I have is the watered down drinks. ordered Pineapple Juice and Coke. Our glasses were filled up with chunks of ice cubes. My pineapple juice tasted like cordial so when we ordered 2nd round of drinks, we asked for less ice and gave feedback. My pineapple juice was thicker this time with lesser ice.

Called for the bill and Lucha practices no service charge just GST. The manager i think, a guy with a tie came over and kept tapping on the line which stated TIP. Ok, that was a major put-off. A joint that states no service charge should really have the pride that their service will allow voluntary tipping instead of tapping on the line to put it across.

We gave 15% tip as the waitresses were really attentive. Price Wise - Lucha is pricey but the food quality makes up for it.

Must tries: Crab tostaditos, Taco de Barbacoa (Braised Lamb), Mango and Snapper Ceviche, Baja Fish Taco

After Work, Chillout, Dinner, Nice Deco, Supper
  • Totopos con Salsa Roja o Guacamole Los Dos & Tostaditas de
Cangrejo

• 12 Jul 2014 316 reviews 86 followers
Overall
We came upon this eatery by a chance that we were wandering around.  As the other eatery that we supposed to have dinner, already closed down.  So my friend was fine to try it out for this new eatery.

But we didn't order as much, because we don't know what are safe food tastings that we can have for dinner.  So I ordered the tomato taco, the usual and wouldn't differ much from uncommon taste.  The must-to-have was the nachos, but the sauce that we asked for refill, need to pay extra cost.

As for the drinks, we asked the staff for recommendations.  It was a good choice after all, for both of us have tried different drinks.  It will be nice to go there and chilli out.  They have 2 different sections - indoor & outdoor.  We chose the indoor one for air-conditioned.

Must tries: Taco

Chillout

Princess J
 • 29 Jun 2014 376 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Was on a hunt for good Mexican good and suggestion for Lucha Loco popped up. So hub and I decided to give it a try.

The deco of the place is really nice, very hip and trendy. Now to the food...

Elote - many reviews have said that there is no regret in ordering the corn cob so we ordered it in good faith. While I would not say it's awful, I didn't think it's worth the $8 for it.

Crab Tostaditos - it's really nice, also very small a plate of it. It's a starter so I guess I shouldn't be expecting it to be filling.

Pork Belly Taco - this is definitely a gourmet version. Think 2 pieces of braised pork belly with some Vege garnish held together by soft taco. Nice but again, small.

Chicken Quesadilla - tasty, just wish there's more of it.

Pastel de Elote Azul - a crumbly dessert made of corn. Not really sweet and I'm not sure if it's meant to be dry but ours was. So I'm not impressed.

I would say that as a hangout place, it's awesome. But I'm a foodie so this place doesn't fulfill me enough. Oh well...

Must tries: Crab tostaditos, Chicken Quesadilla

After Work, Birthdays, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Night Out, Parties, Trendy, Vibrant/Noisy