Reviews for Lucha Loco

3.5

Latin AmericanMexican
Address: 15 Duxton Hill, 089598

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.
• 30 May 2015 • 43 reviews • 0 follower

Good food but needs a reality check on portion size and price

Overall
The food is generally quite good and they have a wide variety of dishes, though the portion sizes are too small and the cost is criminal. Who ever knew Mexican street food could be so expensive? If someone else is buying, by all means drop by, try the elotes, grab a couple of tacos, try your luck with the pork (it's hit and miss here) give the chiles rellenos a pass (they're not that good here), and drink a lot of tequila. Also encourage your host to drink a lot of tequila. It wil ease the eventual shock when the bill comes.
• 14 Jan 2015 • 9 reviews • 0 follower

Tequila and Margarithas

Overall
  • pomegranate and passionfuit margarithas
• 18 Dec 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Yes will go back!

Overall
Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))