Reviews for Lucha Loco

Latin AmericanMexican
Address: 15 Duxton Hill, 089598
14 Jan 2015

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.
Baja Fish Taco

More reviews of Lucha Loco

Overall

Good food but needs a reality check on portion size and price

The food is generally quite good and they have a wide variety of dishes, though the portion sizes are too small and the cost is criminal. Who ever knew Mexican street food could be so expensive? If someone else is buying, by all means drop by, try the elotes, grab a couple of tacos, try your luck with the pork (it's hit and miss here) give the chiles rellenos a pass (they're not that good here), and drink a lot of tequila. Also encourage your host to drink a lot of tequila. It wil ease the eventual shock when the bill comes.

Yes will go back!

Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))

Lucha Loco: Disappointment

Four of us two couples) went for dinner to Lucha Loco on Sat evening. The ambience to sit outside is good and its quite lively.

The disappointment started when the unfriendly host took the order and served food & sangria.

We ordered 1 starter, 1 main course & 2 meals from the section where it says 'for sharing'. The servings for all the dishes were just too small. The starter finished in one bite, the for sharing meal, was good just for a single person, who is not too hungry!

Sangria was nothing special. Each sip ended by with a note in mind that I have tasted much better ones in the same town.

Post our dishes we were left hungry so we order 2 more tacos, which were served in paper cups. They came in single serving, soft shell, with a decent flavour.

Overall the experience was a disappointment. Maybe my expectations was a lot higher for a place where I spent almost 50 bucks per head!!

p.s. pls carry your own pepper if you like to have some in your food, as they don't keep any!
Overall

Good place for food and drinks with friends

Chanced upon a table inside available for 4 on a PH eve night. Table was small but cosy with attentive servers. Slightly noisy environment but not too difficult to hear my friends. Enjoyed the sangria and line margarita in jugs. Mango ceviche, guacamole and sirloin steak were all amazing. Baja fish tacos and honey pork ribs were pretty good too. Cannot wait to go again. They also had Mexican hats for guests to try on and have fun.