Back to Lucha Loco15 Duxton Hill

Parties3 votes

karankamboj
 • 26 Oct 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Four of us two couples) went for dinner to Lucha Loco on Sat evening. The ambience to sit outside is good and its quite lively.

The disappointment started when the unfriendly host took the order and served food & sangria.

We ordered 1 starter, 1 main course & 2 meals from the section where it says 'for sharing'. The servings for all the dishes were just too small. The starter finished in one bite, the for sharing meal, was good just for a single person, who is not too hungry!

Sangria was nothing special. Each sip ended by with a note in mind that I have tasted much better ones in the same town.

Post our dishes we were left hungry so we order 2 more tacos, which were served in paper cups. They came in single serving, soft shell, with a decent flavour.

Overall the experience was a disappointment. Maybe my expectations was a lot higher for a place where I spent almost 50 bucks per head!!

p.s. pls carry your own pepper if you like to have some in your food, as they don't keep any!

After Work

eatenbyme
 • 22 Oct 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Chanced upon a table inside available for 4 on a PH eve night. Table was small but cosy with attentive servers. Slightly noisy environment but not too difficult to hear my friends. Enjoyed the sangria and line margarita in jugs. Mango ceviche, guacamole and sirloin steak were all amazing. Baja fish tacos and honey pork ribs were pretty good too. Cannot wait to go again. They also had Mexican hats for guests to try on and have fun.

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Girls Night Out, Night Out, Parties, People Watching, Vibrant/Noisy

Diner Voyager
 • 09 Aug 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We did a Walk in and waited around 30 minutes for a table. The ambience was lively and the music was great! It was worth the wait! The Crab tostadita blew us off, it was that good!!!! Definitely a MUST TRY!

We moved on to the Tacos where we had the Pork Belly, Fish Batter , Braised Beef and the Lamb. The fish and lamb came out tops. The jicama with the pork belly added a different texture. What I can I say is, each Taco had their own flavour so it didnt get boring. Quesadillas was normal and taste good but nothing outstanding. The vegetables in the tacos and the variety of garnishes are refreshing.

We had to wait for our manago ceviche, it only came after we reminded the waiter but apart from that service was good despite the busy crowd. Mango ceviche is really tart if you can take sourness. It was refreshing and cleans the palate.

The only gripe I have is the watered down drinks. ordered Pineapple Juice and Coke. Our glasses were filled up with chunks of ice cubes. My pineapple juice tasted like cordial so when we ordered 2nd round of drinks, we asked for less ice and gave feedback. My pineapple juice was thicker this time with lesser ice.

Called for the bill and Lucha practices no service charge just GST. The manager i think, a guy with a tie came over and kept tapping on the line which stated TIP. Ok, that was a major put-off. A joint that states no service charge should really have the pride that their service will allow voluntary tipping instead of tapping on the line to put it across.

We gave 15% tip as the waitresses were really attentive. Price Wise - Lucha is pricey but the food quality makes up for it.

Must tries: Crab tostaditos, Taco de Barbacoa (Braised Lamb), Mango and Snapper Ceviche, Baja Fish Taco

After Work, Chillout, Dinner, Nice Deco, Supper