Back to Lucha Loco15 Duxton Hill

Birthdays3 votes
Night Out3 votes

• 12 Jul 2014 313 reviews 86 followers
Overall
We came upon this eatery by a chance that we were wandering around.  As the other eatery that we supposed to have dinner, already closed down.  So my friend was fine to try it out for this new eatery.

But we didn't order as much, because we don't know what are safe food tastings that we can have for dinner.  So I ordered the tomato taco, the usual and wouldn't differ much from uncommon taste.  The must-to-have was the nachos, but the sauce that we asked for refill, need to pay extra cost.

As for the drinks, we asked the staff for recommendations.  It was a good choice after all, for both of us have tried different drinks.  It will be nice to go there and chilli out.  They have 2 different sections - indoor & outdoor.  We chose the indoor one for air-conditioned.

Must tries: Taco

Chillout

Princess J
 • 29 Jun 2014 374 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Was on a hunt for good Mexican good and suggestion for Lucha Loco popped up. So hub and I decided to give it a try.

The deco of the place is really nice, very hip and trendy. Now to the food...

Elote - many reviews have said that there is no regret in ordering the corn cob so we ordered it in good faith. While I would not say it's awful, I didn't think it's worth the $8 for it.

Crab Tostaditos - it's really nice, also very small a plate of it. It's a starter so I guess I shouldn't be expecting it to be filling.

Pork Belly Taco - this is definitely a gourmet version. Think 2 pieces of braised pork belly with some Vege garnish held together by soft taco. Nice but again, small.

Chicken Quesadilla - tasty, just wish there's more of it.

Pastel de Elote Azul - a crumbly dessert made of corn. Not really sweet and I'm not sure if it's meant to be dry but ours was. So I'm not impressed.

I would say that as a hangout place, it's awesome. But I'm a foodie so this place doesn't fulfill me enough. Oh well...

Must tries: Crab tostaditos, Chicken Quesadilla

After Work, Birthdays, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Night Out, Parties, Trendy, Vibrant/Noisy

CDNinSNG
 • 26 Jan 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Awesome place. Ceviche is great and love all the tacos. The ambience is great with a younger hip crowd. It's great Mexican without the heavy cheese and rice that mist Mexican places push

Must tries: Ceviche, Taco