Summary

Service3
Taco, Crab tostaditos, Elotes, Baja Fish Taco, Ceviche, Chicken Quesadilla, Chorizo Taco, Mango and Snapper Ceviche, Taco de Barbacoa (Braised Lamb), pork belly taco View all
After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Parties View all

Beware of bartender's dirty tricks

I signed up specifically to share my experience in Lucha Loco. We were bar hopping around tanjong pagar area last Sat, 11 Jan 2014. And this is the first bar we went to. We were there around 1030pm until 1130pm. We ordered only drinks, beer, mojito and michelada(corona) which is really good. We were seated at the bar that night since they were full.

When we were halfway through our drinks, we saw the bartender discussing something to the waiter. I think they were discussing about the drinks in front of them. Then the bartender suddenly took out the straw from the drink and tasted it by sucking it. Much to our surprise, he puts the straw back in the drink and the waiter didn't mind at all and brought the drinks to the customer. It all happened in front of us and they didn’t mind. That time, I wanted to tell the managers (not sure if the 2 caucasian ladies at the door where the managers) or the cashier lady about it but they were quite busy that night. The bartender is quite slim, speaks malay and is wearing a cap. There are 2 CCTV cameras at the bar and one near the cashier where it all happened. The management can review this. But that's not all, after maybe 5mins, my friend went to the restroom and she saw the same bartender, standing near the kitchen where they put the foods to be delivered to the customer, and he was munching on them, I think he grabbed some food twice.

I’m not sure if I’ll be coming back but if I do, I’ll definitely sit at the bar where you can see all the action.

Most helpful reviews for Lucha Loco

Best Taco's

Having lived in the USA and enjoyed all sorts of Taco's and Mexican food from NY, to LA to Mexico itself. I was happy to find out that a Taqueira was opening on Duxton Hill with a menu designed by the chef's behind Mamasita in Melbourne.

When Lucha Loco first opened the seating area was pretty limited as the garden area wasn't open but that has now been remedied with the opening of that area which has increased th seating by about half. I was always happy to sit or stand at the bar eating Cerviche, Taco's, Quesidillas and the grilled beef whilst consuming a large number of Margaritas and other tequila based drinks but now there are more tables I have been back and had a more normal meal sitting down.

Don't expect a sedate evening when you go - this is a place with good music, lots of drinks and tasty food to mop up the alcohol.

Basic food that's insanly prices.  The portions are made for children. Mexican food should be plentiful in portions and low in price - this place has it backwards.  Certainly won't go back............

Good food but needs a reality check on portion size and price

The food is generally quite good and they have a wide variety of dishes, though the portion sizes are too small and the cost is criminal. Who ever knew Mexican street food could be so expensive? If someone else is buying, by all means drop by, try the elotes, grab a couple of tacos, try your luck with the pork (it's hit and miss here) give the chiles rellenos a pass (they're not that good here), and drink a lot of tequila. Also encourage your host to drink a lot of tequila. It wil ease the eventual shock when the bill comes.

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.

Yes will go back!

Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))