Review for Lucha Loco

Latin AmericanMexican
Address: 15 Duxton Hill, 089598
18 Dec 2013

Terrible service, great food

My first visit, and i will be back again, despite the rather unpleasant ending to an otherwise delightful night.

Food was great; my husband and I enjoyed the atypical menu, and everything was tasty. The pork belly taco deserves special mention.

Unfortunately, when we called for the bill, things started getting awry. I was in the washroom when my husband called for the bill. Whilst checking, he informed our waitress that we did not have the guacamole - only the salsa. She then proceeded to call anther waitress and they started discussing whether this was true, right in front of my husband. When I returned from the washroom, they were still standing next to our table in discussion. I asked what the problem was, and they said we had ordered the guacamole. I politely said "nope, we didn't." She then told me "but I remember clearing it from your table." again, I had to repeat that no, we definitely did not order the guacamole. She looked very suspicious, but eventually said that she would take it off the bill.

It is unacceptable service to accuse customers of lying, even if this was not said outright but the message was clear. I am completely aghast that a service staff could act this way, especially so when the restaurant stresses on tips instead of the usual mandatory service charge. This experience left such a bad taste as we left.

i will be back again for the food, and hopefully the next time, will receive better service.

I sincerely hope that the management reads this and educates their staff. The restaurant is lovely and everything else wonderful. Service should not be the
The management of Lucha Loco responded to this review:
21 Dec 2013
Hola “spenguin",

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive feedback to us.
We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with us. On behalf of the Lucha Loco management and team, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident. We have spoken to all our service staff to ensure that such mistakes do not occur again. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed our food, and are willing to extend another opportunity to us. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at rachel@luchaloco.com if you are planning your next visit with us, and I will assist in making your reservation and ensuring that you have a truly memorable experience. We look forward to serving you better at Lucha Loco soon!

Muchas Gracias!

Rachel Lim
Marketing & Business Development Manager

More reviews of Lucha Loco

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.
Overall

Good food but needs a reality check on portion size and price

The food is generally quite good and they have a wide variety of dishes, though the portion sizes are too small and the cost is criminal. Who ever knew Mexican street food could be so expensive? If someone else is buying, by all means drop by, try the elotes, grab a couple of tacos, try your luck with the pork (it's hit and miss here) give the chiles rellenos a pass (they're not that good here), and drink a lot of tequila. Also encourage your host to drink a lot of tequila. It wil ease the eventual shock when the bill comes.

Yes will go back!

Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))

Lucha Loco: Disappointment

Four of us two couples) went for dinner to Lucha Loco on Sat evening. The ambience to sit outside is good and its quite lively.

The disappointment started when the unfriendly host took the order and served food & sangria.

We ordered 1 starter, 1 main course & 2 meals from the section where it says 'for sharing'. The servings for all the dishes were just too small. The starter finished in one bite, the for sharing meal, was good just for a single person, who is not too hungry!

Sangria was nothing special. Each sip ended by with a note in mind that I have tasted much better ones in the same town.

Post our dishes we were left hungry so we order 2 more tacos, which were served in paper cups. They came in single serving, soft shell, with a decent flavour.

Overall the experience was a disappointment. Maybe my expectations was a lot higher for a place where I spent almost 50 bucks per head!!

p.s. pls carry your own pepper if you like to have some in your food, as they don't keep any!
Overall

Good place for food and drinks with friends

Chanced upon a table inside available for 4 on a PH eve night. Table was small but cosy with attentive servers. Slightly noisy environment but not too difficult to hear my friends. Enjoyed the sangria and line margarita in jugs. Mango ceviche, guacamole and sirloin steak were all amazing. Baja fish tacos and honey pork ribs were pretty good too. Cannot wait to go again. They also had Mexican hats for guests to try on and have fun.