Review for Lucha Loco

Latin AmericanMexican
Spenguin • 18 Dec 2013 • 1 Review • 0 Follower

Terrible service, great food

My first visit, and i will be back again, despite the rather unpleasant ending to an otherwise delightful night.

Food was great; my husband and I enjoyed the atypical menu, and everything was tasty. The pork belly taco deserves special mention.

Unfortunately, when we called for the bill, things started getting awry. I was in the washroom when my husband called for the bill. Whilst checking, he informed our waitress that we did not have the guacamole - only the salsa. She then proceeded to call anther waitress and they started discussing whether this was true, right in front of my husband. When I returned from the washroom, they were still standing next to our table in discussion. I asked what the problem was, and they said we had ordered the guacamole. I politely said "nope, we didn't." She then told me "but I remember clearing it from your table." again, I had to repeat that no, we definitely did not order the guacamole. She looked very suspicious, but eventually said that she would take it off the bill.

It is unacceptable service to accuse customers of lying, even if this was not said outright but the message was clear. I am completely aghast that a service staff could act this way, especially so when the restaurant stresses on tips instead of the usual mandatory service charge. This experience left such a bad taste as we left.

i will be back again for the food, and hopefully the next time, will receive better service.

I sincerely hope that the management reads this and educates their staff. The restaurant is lovely and everything else wonderful. Service should not be the
Overall
    The management of Lucha Loco responded to this review:
    21 Dec 2013
    Hola “spenguin",

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive feedback to us.
    We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with us. On behalf of the Lucha Loco management and team, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident. We have spoken to all our service staff to ensure that such mistakes do not occur again. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed our food, and are willing to extend another opportunity to us. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at rachel@luchaloco.com if you are planning your next visit with us, and I will assist in making your reservation and ensuring that you have a truly memorable experience. We look forward to serving you better at Lucha Loco soon!

Muchas Gracias!