Summary

Service3
Taco, Crab tostaditos, Elotes, Baja Fish Taco, Ceviche, Chicken Quesadilla, Chorizo Taco, Mango and Snapper Ceviche, Taco de Barbacoa (Braised Lamb), pork belly taco View all
After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Chillout, Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Parties View all

Terrible service, great food

Food/Drink 4 | Value 3 | Ambience 4 | Service N/A

My first visit, and i will be back again, despite the rather unpleasant ending to an otherwise delightful night.

Food was great; my husband and I enjoyed the atypical menu, and everything was tasty. The pork belly taco deserves special mention.

Unfortunately, when we called for the bill, things started getting awry. I was in the washroom when my husband called for the bill. Whilst checking, he informed our waitress that we did not have the guacamole - only the salsa. She then proceeded to call anther waitress and they started discussing whether this was true, right in front of my husband. When I returned from the washroom, they were still standing next to our table in discussion. I asked what the problem was, and they said we had ordered the guacamole. I politely said "nope, we didn't." She then told me "but I remember clearing it from your table." again, I had to repeat that no, we definitely did not order the guacamole. She looked very suspicious, but eventually said that she would take it off the bill.

It is unacceptable service to accuse customers of lying, even if this was not said outright but the message was clear. I am completely aghast that a service staff could act this way, especially so when the restaurant stresses on tips instead of the usual mandatory service charge. This experience left such a bad taste as we left.

i will be back again for the food, and hopefully the next time, will receive better service.

I sincerely hope that the management reads this and educates their staff. The restaurant is lovely and everything else wonderful. Service should not be the

The management of Lucha Loco responded to this review:
21 Dec 2013
Hola “spenguin",

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive feedback to us.
We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with us. On behalf of the Lucha Loco management and team, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident. We have spoken to all our service staff to ensure that such mistakes do not occur again. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed our food, and are willing to extend another opportunity to us. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at [email protected] if you are planning your next visit with us, and I will assist in making your reservation and ensuring that you have a truly memorable experience. We look forward to serving you better at Lucha Loco soon!

Muchas Gracias!

Rachel Lim
Marketing & Business Development Manager

Most helpful reviews for Lucha Loco

Best Taco's

Having lived in the USA and enjoyed all sorts of Taco's and Mexican food from NY, to LA to Mexico itself. I was happy to find out that a Taqueira was opening on Duxton Hill with a menu designed by the chef's behind Mamasita in Melbourne.

When Lucha Loco first opened the seating area was pretty limited as the garden area wasn't open but that has now been remedied with the opening of that area which has increased th seating by about half. I was always happy to sit or stand at the bar eating Cerviche, Taco's, Quesidillas and the grilled beef whilst consuming a large number of Margaritas and other tequila based drinks but now there are more tables I have been back and had a more normal meal sitting down.

Don't expect a sedate evening when you go - this is a place with good music, lots of drinks and tasty food to mop up the alcohol.

Basic food that's insanly prices.  The portions are made for children. Mexican food should be plentiful in portions and low in price - this place has it backwards.  Certainly won't go back............

Good food but needs a reality check on portion size and price

The food is generally quite good and they have a wide variety of dishes, though the portion sizes are too small and the cost is criminal. Who ever knew Mexican street food could be so expensive? If someone else is buying, by all means drop by, try the elotes, grab a couple of tacos, try your luck with the pork (it's hit and miss here) give the chiles rellenos a pass (they're not that good here), and drink a lot of tequila. Also encourage your host to drink a lot of tequila. It wil ease the eventual shock when the bill comes.

Tequila and Margarithas

This place is famous for their tequlia. we had a round of their traditional tequila shots. Their flavoured margarithas were really good. I tried the pomegranate and passionfruit, my favourite of the two. I would definately reccomend this place for drinks. The food mainly cosnists of a variety of tacos. I recommend the fish tacos. I found it ideal that the food came in small proportions, almost tapas style. They were a perfect compliment for the drinks. We ended off the meal with their blue corn cake garnished with tortilla chips. I absolutely loved this dessert, it was so authentic and unique. It sounds different but the combination works well. I would reccomend sitting ouside in the back pattio. The atmosphere is romantic with fairy lights and candles. They even have a tequila cart which I found to be a really cute additional feature.

Yes will go back!

Pretty busy place and what I love most about them is their corn. Its The SHIZZZ. Mostly things with heat but will go back and try other stuff. Dim lit environment that is perfect for catching up and the service crew is very polite and always ready to help (like helping to take photos :))