Reviews for Mad for Garlic (Suntec City Mall)

3.5

EuropeanItalianPizzaWestern
26 Jan 2016

Garlic Lovers Fall In!

Mad for Garlic; an Italian restaurant in Suntec City Mall. From the name of the restaurant, you will easy figure out that this place specialty is their Italian food mixed with garlic! Personally, I love their theme, and honestly not everyone likes the taste of garlic, but this place not only make good and tasty food but also makes me fell for the taste of garlic! For someone new to this place, I will recommend you to try their grilled chicken and mushroom risotto and garlic snowing pizza! I'm sure you will be addicted by it! The down side of the place is it a little too pricely!

More reviews of Mad for Garlic

Avoid this place

I visited the restaurant last night 2/2/16
I will summaries quickly

Slow/bad service
drinks overpriced
food totally overpriced for the standard they serve.
probably worst pizza and pasta dish I have ever tasted,
should not pay $40 for 2 dishes and have to leave most of the food as the taste was so bad.

Nah

Full post with pictures here: http://toseetofeeltoeat.blogspot.sg/2016/01/mad-for-garlic-suntec.html

This was so bad that I think it deserved a one sentence review so here goes. The Lobster Cream Pasta ($23.50) was expensive with lobster meat about the size of braised peanuts and pasta limp with a heavy tasteless cream sauce while the Grilled Chicken and Mushroom Risotto ($23.50) was like soft mushy rice with anorexic dry chicken and some mushrooms.

Lives up to its name

View the full menu here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/12/22/mad-for-garlic/

W
as at Suntec and decided to finally check out Mad for Garlic that many friends have told me about. We ordered the garlic bread and a couple of pizzas. Overall the pizzas were pretty decent, definitely a lot of garlic! Pretty cool place to just have a meal and relax with friends over some wine.

Dracula killer indeed!

We ordered garlic snowing pizza, seafood pasta, and some garlic bread. Triple carb I know! And we weren't even carbo-loading that day Haha!
The menu is intriguing, and when the dishes arrived they did not disappoint! I love that everything was well -balanced even with the main theme being garlic! It's not like every dish tasted of nothing but garlic. So kudos to that!
Only one thing, at least during my one visit there, the staff could be better trained? I asked what type of cheese they use in the pizza, and he couldn't answer me. Said he had to check with the kitchen. Came back telling me that it's 'just a standard cheese'. Okay. But I also understand it's really not easy to hire staff these days, what more capable ones, so it's alright.
Other than that, I think it's a fun place to go with friends for celebrations. Especially if we are in the area.
I bet no one wants to hear about how my flatulence and excrements reeked of garlic for the next two days, so let's not go there Hahaha