Summary

garlic snowing pizza, seafood pasta, garlic bread tower, Seafood Risotto, mushroom risotto, their pizzas, Lobster Cream Pasta, Lobster Salad, chilli mussels, fresh shrimp & garlic sprout, garlic carbonara, garlic hug steak, garlicholic rice, garlicpeno pasta, lobster pasta, pasa pasa salad, red devil, risotto View all
Dinner, After Work, Chillout, Lunch, Quiet, Large Groups/Gathering, Girls Night Out, Children/Family, Wine Lists, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Private Dining, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Fine Dining View all

Garlic Lovers Fall In!

Mad for Garlic; an Italian restaurant in Suntec City Mall. From the name of the restaurant, you will easy figure out that this place specialty is their Italian food mixed with garlic! Personally, I love their theme, and honestly not everyone likes the taste of garlic, but this place not only make good and tasty food but also makes me fell for the taste of garlic! For someone new to this place, I will recommend you to try their grilled chicken and mushroom risotto and garlic snowing pizza! I'm sure you will be addicted by it! The down side of the place is it a little too pricely!

Most helpful reviews for Mad for Garlic (Suntec City Mall)

Avoid this place

I visited the restaurant last night 2/2/16
I will summaries quickly

Slow/bad service
drinks overpriced
food totally overpriced for the standard they serve.
probably worst pizza and pasta dish I have ever tasted,
should not pay $40 for 2 dishes and have to leave most of the food as the taste was so bad.

Nah

Full post with pictures here: http://toseetofeeltoeat.blogspot.sg/2016/01/mad-for-garlic-suntec.html

This was so bad that I think it deserved a one sentence review so here goes. The Lobster Cream Pasta ($23.50) was expensive with lobster meat about the size of braised peanuts and pasta limp with a heavy tasteless cream sauce while the Grilled Chicken and Mushroom Risotto ($23.50) was like soft mushy rice with anorexic dry chicken and some mushrooms.

Bad with Mad for Garlic

I'm a huge foodie, my friend bought groupon vouchers and we were very disappointed with the hygiene level. I was quite interested in their menu spread at first, but when we had mussels in tomato and that's when i realised there were flies around every table that has food. If in the dining area, each table has 8 flies or more, then can you imagine how it would be like in the kitchen? I mean the restaurant is no where near an exit of the mall, it was the deepest restaurant on the stretch and fully air-conditioned. So I was disgusted and only ate half the bowl of mussels. The manager saw what happened after I commented on the flies and she replied that they are working on pest control, then she said since you only ate half a bowl, let me whip up a new batch and let you take away with you. My stomach was sick as soon as I left, I had the runs, I couldn't go to work the next day and the new batch of mussels were straight into the rubbish chute. In all, I think it was very irresponsible of them to be open and running a groupon campaign if they are having hygiene issues that will affect their consumers' health. It's just selfish they didn't close for a few days to rectify the problem and risk their branding being flawed like what I have to say now.

No communication among management and staff

Service 1

What I witnessed was a disorganzied mess.  I was called down for an interview by someone in HR.  The people at the store didn't know about it when I showed up and then they couldn't get a hold of the person in HR who had called me down there. I never did get a proper interview nor did anyone call me back to re-schedule. They completely wasted about 2 hours of my time.  If that's how they treat prospective candidates then maybe it's best I don't work there.