Summary

garlic snowing pizza, seafood pasta, garlic bread tower, mushroom risotto, Seafood Risotto, their pizzas, Lobster Cream Pasta, Lobster Salad, chilli mussels, fresh shrimp & garlic sprout, garlic carbonara, garlic hug steak, garlicholic rice, garlicpeno pasta, lobster pasta, pasa pasa salad, red devil, risotto View all
Dinner, After Work, Chillout, Lunch, Quiet, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Wine Lists, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Private Dining, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Fine Dining View all

Good Food even for Non-garlic lovers

Came here on a weekday for dinner. I asked the waitress for recommendation for risotto and she told me her preference. So we ordered snowing pizza and grilled chicken & mushrooms risotto. I would say the food was very good and service was prompt. I would highly recommend for non-garlic lovers to give it a try here. Would come back for dinner again.

Most helpful reviews for Mad for Garlic (Suntec City Mall)

Avoid this place

I visited the restaurant last night 2/2/16
I will summaries quickly

Slow/bad service
drinks overpriced
food totally overpriced for the standard they serve.
probably worst pizza and pasta dish I have ever tasted,
should not pay $40 for 2 dishes and have to leave most of the food as the taste was so bad.

Nah

Full post with pictures here: http://toseetofeeltoeat.blogspot.sg/2016/01/mad-for-garlic-suntec.html

This was so bad that I think it deserved a one sentence review so here goes. The Lobster Cream Pasta ($23.50) was expensive with lobster meat about the size of braised peanuts and pasta limp with a heavy tasteless cream sauce while the Grilled Chicken and Mushroom Risotto ($23.50) was like soft mushy rice with anorexic dry chicken and some mushrooms.

Bad with Mad for Garlic

I'm a huge foodie, my friend bought groupon vouchers and we were very disappointed with the hygiene level. I was quite interested in their menu spread at first, but when we had mussels in tomato and that's when i realised there were flies around every table that has food. If in the dining area, each table has 8 flies or more, then can you imagine how it would be like in the kitchen? I mean the restaurant is no where near an exit of the mall, it was the deepest restaurant on the stretch and fully air-conditioned. So I was disgusted and only ate half the bowl of mussels. The manager saw what happened after I commented on the flies and she replied that they are working on pest control, then she said since you only ate half a bowl, let me whip up a new batch and let you take away with you. My stomach was sick as soon as I left, I had the runs, I couldn't go to work the next day and the new batch of mussels were straight into the rubbish chute. In all, I think it was very irresponsible of them to be open and running a groupon campaign if they are having hygiene issues that will affect their consumers' health. It's just selfish they didn't close for a few days to rectify the problem and risk their branding being flawed like what I have to say now.

No communication among management and staff

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service 1

What I witnessed was a disorganzied mess.  I was called down for an interview by someone in HR.  The people at the store didn't know about it when I showed up and then they couldn't get a hold of the person in HR who had called me down there. I never did get a proper interview nor did anyone call me back to re-schedule. They completely wasted about 2 hours of my time.  If that's how they treat prospective candidates then maybe it's best I don't work there.