Summary

garlic snowing pizza, seafood pasta, garlic bread tower, mushroom risotto, Seafood Risotto, their pizzas, Lobster Cream Pasta, Lobster Salad, chilli mussels, fresh shrimp & garlic sprout, garlic carbonara, garlic hug steak, garlicholic rice, garlicpeno pasta, lobster pasta, pasa pasa salad, red devil, risotto View all
Dinner, After Work, Chillout, Lunch, Quiet, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Wine Lists, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Private Dining, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Fine Dining View all

Good Food even for Non-garlic lovers

Came here on a weekday for dinner. I asked the waitress for recommendation for risotto and she told me her preference. So we ordered snowing pizza and grilled chicken & mushrooms risotto. I would say the food was very good and service was prompt. I would highly recommend for non-garlic lovers to give it a try here. Would come back for dinner again.

Most helpful reviews for Mad for Garlic (Suntec City Mall)

Avoid this place

I visited the restaurant last night 2/2/16
I will summaries quickly

Slow/bad service
drinks overpriced
food totally overpriced for the standard they serve.
probably worst pizza and pasta dish I have ever tasted,
should not pay $40 for 2 dishes and have to leave most of the food as the taste was so bad.

Nah

Full post with pictures here: http://toseetofeeltoeat.blogspot.sg/2016/01/mad-for-garlic-suntec.html

This was so bad that I think it deserved a one sentence review so here goes. The Lobster Cream Pasta ($23.50) was expensive with lobster meat about the size of braised peanuts and pasta limp with a heavy tasteless cream sauce while the Grilled Chicken and Mushroom Risotto ($23.50) was like soft mushy rice with anorexic dry chicken and some mushrooms.

Bad with Mad for Garlic

I'm a huge foodie, my friend bought groupon vouchers and we were very disappointed with the hygiene level. I was quite interested in their menu spread at first, but when we had mussels in tomato and that's when i realised there were flies around every table that has food. If in the dining area, each table has 8 flies or more, then can you imagine how it would be like in the kitchen? I mean the restaurant is no where near an exit of the mall, it was the deepest restaurant on the stretch and fully air-conditioned. So I was disgusted and only ate half the bowl of mussels. The manager saw what happened after I commented on the flies and she replied that they are working on pest control, then she said since you only ate half a bowl, let me whip up a new batch and let you take away with you. My stomach was sick as soon as I left, I had the runs, I couldn't go to work the next day and the new batch of mussels were straight into the rubbish chute. In all, I think it was very irresponsible of them to be open and running a groupon campaign if they are having hygiene issues that will affect their consumers' health. It's just selfish they didn't close for a few days to rectify the problem and risk their branding being flawed like what I have to say now.

Maddeningly long wait for decent grub.

Went on a Saturday night. Waited 45 minutes for our pasta and garlic rice. Appetisers came quicker. But the mains, oh my. I could not fathom how anyone takes that amount of time to cook pasta and rice. Many other customers faced an equally long wait and one guy was getting very impatient and making his frustrations to the staff known. Maybe the kitchen is understaffed. Who knows?

For the price that you pay, it is actually rather expensive considering the ingredients that they add into the dishes. Yes you get alot of garlic, but as we all know, garlic is cheap. Would have been better to be more generous with other items in the dishes. Taste wise the food is decent, but definitely not for the price you have to pay. Coupled with the long wait, I would say, there are better places elsewhere where you can get your money's worth.