Back to Madame Patisserie#01-76, 76 Boat Quay
Chubby Botak Koala
 • 10 May 2014 260 reviews 19 followers
Overall
For the complete review, click here:

The first thing that come to your mind when you mention Madam Patisserie is of course Pastry. Burger, Shepherd's Pie or Teriyaki Salmon will hardly come across your mind. This time around I receive an invitation from HungryGoWhere on behalf of Madam Patisserie to sample their new bistro menu.

The décor of this place has simple yet elegant look. The colour combination of baby blue, tangerine and white just astonishing. When you enter the shop, you will be bedazzled with the pastries selection such as pineapple upside down cake, lemon drizzle cake, Lemon Meringue Tart, sample of High Tea set and croissants.

For seating, you can choose for indoor and outdoor seating. My suggestion is go for the outdoor seating, under the tent. The scenery is just fantastic, as it is facing the Singapore river.

We started our sampling from Madame Burger ($14.90) and Teriyaki Salmon ($14.90). The patties of the burger is tender and juicy. The honey oats buns is light and tasty. The pink caramelised onion is just so inviting. Teriyaki Salmon is served with steamed rice. The salmon is perfectly cooked, the teriyaki sauce is quite thick but goes well with the rice and pickled cucumber.

For the Shepherd's Pie ($11.90), they use mince lamb for the meat base. The ingredients fillings are quite good, topped with mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese. It was baked before serving to create the crispy topping. The taste can be slightly gamey due to the lamb. So if you can't take gamey taste, avoid this dish.

Their all day breakfast ($16.90) is not something that I would recommend. The dish is just too simple, just like your home cook breakfast. Grilled Ham is just a no no for me, as it is too saltish and kind of a waste though. The best part of this dish is actually the toast, which was soft in the inside with an light crispy exterior.

The desserts here are still the star. Pink Indulgence ($18) is my top choice. Trio of strawberry mille feuille, strawberry panna cotta & strawberry granita. The feuile is just thin and light. You can taste the intense flavour of the strawberry in the panna cotta, while the granita was just refreshing.

For other desserts review such as Coffee Soufflé ($19), the Churros ($16) or Warm Chocolate Cake ($18) check here.

Service on my second visit, just two words “IMPROVEMENT NEEDED”. We find the service staff's attitude is simply cold or should I say that they do not seem to be interested in serving us. Table was not set properly, even serviette was insufficient.

The verdict: I personally find that Madame Patisserie is performing below its standard. With a little more fine tuning in different area, it can definitely delivery a memorable dining experience. It is not everyday you find the a la-carte desserts are more expensive then normal a la carte menu. It does show, that desserts here are still the main attraction. Cheers!!

Must tries: Teriyaki salmon, Madame Burger, Pink Indulgence

Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Brunch, Children/Family, Dinner, High Tea, Lunch, People Watching, Trendy