&Made Burger Bistro has relocated!

Read and post reviews on &Made Burger Bistro at its new address

&Made Burger Bistro has relocated.

Summary

The B burger, 3 Little Pigs Burger, Berry Sundae, hot caramel lava cake, Lollipop waffle, The Rossini, Cheese fries, Chili Crab Toastoo, DD, The Blue Moon, curry salmon broccoli toastie, lamb burger, lychee raspberry & rose smoothie View all
Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Brunch, After Work, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, Birthdays, People Watching, Ala Carte, Relaxed View all

Good food and friendly service by cheerful staff

What wonders can 3-Michelin starred Chef Bruno Ménard conjure? A burger is after all just a burger, or maybe not. I tried two of them from its menu, and both were served with lightly-salted French fries as well as irresistibly tangy and yummy &made BBQ sauce reminiscent of baked beans. See full reviews and pictures at http://live2eatdottravel.blogspot.sg/2012/08/new-kid-on-block-by-bruno-menard.html and http://live2eatdottravel.blogspot.sg/2012/09/by-bruno-menard-revisited.html.

DD was a well balance of taste – savoury with just the right amount of green pepper lime mayonnaise and a tinge of sourness from both the pickles and the mostly sweet green apple, and texture – soft fluffy burger reminiscent of a croissant with succulent duck leg confit and crunchiness of the red cabbage pickles. The 3 Little Pigs was just as finger-licking good with an aroma of bacon and chorizo in the juicy and tender (from the pork filet) patty. Its sweetness, the succulent shitake mushrooms and shredded Japanese cabbage were well-balanced with just the right amount of sourness from the yuzu-kosho mayonnaise and Shibazuke pickles. The heavenly aroma of the Lollipop Waffle made me want to tuck in immediately, and it was so good that I could not stop eating until it was gone. Sweet and slightly damp with a tinge of saltiness on the inside, crispy on the outside that some might find a tad bitter. But no worries as the icing sugar on top or the caramel, white and dark chocolate sauce served with the dessert should do the trick. While the food was delicious, could not say the same of its flat, bitter and acidic macchiato. Also difficult to achieve the desired sweetness as sugar cube and small cuppa are not the best of friends. The only let-down of the otherwise thumbs-up experience.

Most helpful reviews for (Relocated) &Made Burger Bistro

Excellent Service

I am writing this review not so much because of the food but rather the unbelievable service of &made's staff.

I went there after dinner with my wife to have the lollipop waffle and coffee but ended up ordering fries. When the waffle came out, I found it slightly sourish which was strange for a waffle. Restaurant manager (Treyna) took our waffle back to the kitchen and promptly returned to agree and apologized for the waffle and offered to bring back another. We declined. But she asked if we would like to try the sundae instead. We said ok. 10 minutes later, Treyna brought not one but two sundaes. We were stuffed but pleased with the service. When we asked for the bill, the restaurant only charged us for the fries. We insisted on paying for at least one of the sundaes but they politely refused us. And they did this without fuss, almost wanting not for us to notice unlike other places that make it a point to emphasized how lucky you are that we are not charging you.

Next visit, we had a party of six. Again, unbeatable service. They recognized us. Chatted with us like old friends. It all felt genuine and heartfelt. Again, when we asked for the bill, they left out the dessert. Since then, I've never stopped talking about this restaurant's service to anyone I have met. It is not so much the freebies, but the authenticity of the service of all of the service staff. If I hear of people complaining of bad or mediocre service, I will instantly send them to &Made to get an instant detox.

Treyna and team, you are absolutely the best. No question.

B burgers and fries are great. Toasties average. the hot caramel lava cake is TO-DIE-FOR!

Great for the family, superb quality

Beautiful architecture from "The Stripe collective" and fantastic food, I'm a regular for business lunches at La Cantine in Asia Sq and immediately recognized the menu. Burger meal for the VERY FUSSY kids was $10 incl dessert and they loved it. That's 90% of the stress of any of our family meals out. The Rossini burger was lovely and the cheese fries the best I have ever had (some kind of fondu cheese rather than some plastic or cheap-a** cheddar was used and really made a difference). The wife had truffle fries which I think are so-so but she liked lots. She loved her B burger and I have to admit it was better than I have ever had a La Cantine.

okay cafe at pacific plaza

photos and more: https://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/made-burger-bistro-pacific-plaza/

I’ve been here before (how has it been two years since!) – and it maintains its rather meh-but-edible status. there’s something about their food that just doesn’t do much for me. I certainly wouldn’t fuss too much if someone suggested a meal here – but they really haven’t improved with time.    it’s a pricey place, which suits the locale but not the food. the best place about this place is possibly how quiet it is – the hype has receded and so has the crowd, and pacific plaza is conveniently in town without being part of the madness. doable, but only mildly recommendable.

Not as good as before when Bruno Menard helmed it

We returned after our mindblowing great first encounter at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.sg/2014/04/by-bruno-menard.html but were disappointed to find that the standards aren't quite as awesome as before. Apparently, the famed chef has dissolved his partnership with the people behind &Made, and that's why the bistro no longer carries his name.

The burgers we had was just lacking that extra spark, that extra smokiness, that extra zing.

Once upon a blue moon

For the full review with photos, visit my blog here

I'm meant to be impartial about my research judgement for the title of 'Best Burgers in Singpore' and yet, &Made breaks those rules with its previous stellar performance. (Read about it here)

That being said, some major roadblocks have been thrown their way and Chef Bruno Menard who had been working with Deliciae Hospitality Management to set up both &Made and La Cantine has decided to venture out for his ideals and thus stepped down as chef.  When a restaurant is founded by a chef whose kitchen acrobatics and knack for flavor profiling makes us sit up and notice, it can be confusing for most when that chef has moved on. The questions arises on whether the replacement will be a caretaker cook mimicking the style that made the place exciting or a creative genius who can make the menu jump through a new set of hoops.

Upon hearing about 3 new gourmet burgers being introduced into the menu, it wasn't long before I was dragging my boyfriend by the heels to this joint.

&Made's service standards had obviously taken an understated turn for the worse since its glory days of hyped-up reviews and ridiculously long queues. However, being a casual burger joint, my main concerns were shifted to the food. How did that fare?

The 3 Little Pigs ($23) had a brawny, rustic quality to it. The wonderfully diverse patty composed of pork fillet, chorizo and bacon, each bringing the best of itself to the table. The other components, the spicy koshu mayonnaise, shibazuke, shitake and white cabbage speaking volumes of Chef Bruno's strong Asian influences. This turned out to be as good as I remembered it to be.

Now on to the newbies, The Blue Moon ($23), dry aged beef patty, topped with french blue cheese, grilled bacon, lettuce and pickles. This had a little more nuance than the enlistees from the staple menu, featuring a dry aged beef patty for the lack of better and more unique sauces and accompaniments. No complaints though as I do love a good blue cheese burger every now and then. The fried egg was a silly addition (+$2.00), an unworthy investment that yielded an overdone moulded fried egg with no runny yolks. devastation. That aside, there was an echo of Chef Bruno's silky way with burgers, the compelling amount of french blue cheese scattered over the top highlighted by the surprise smudge of more stinky delight over the bottom bun as well; the dry aged beef patty bringing finesse to it's towering construction and the thick cut bacon cooked just the way I like it. I was sold on this elegant dish; the unique sambal belachan served with fries sealing the deal.

And while previous helming chefs had moved on, the food at &Made remains remarkable and original. Still with that pop and sizzle element in tact.