Summary

Ambience3
char kway teow, claypot chicken rice, Hokkien Mee, Penang Laksa, Prawn noodle View all

Chaotic, long queues, pricy but yummy

Food/Drink 3 | Value 3 | Ambience 3 | Service N/A

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

We were craving for hawker food (MIL was yearning for Penang Laksa) and wanted somewhere comfortable (ie air-conditoned) to have our family weekend dinner. Having heard good things about Malaysian Food Street, we decided to check it out.

Located at Resorts World Sentosa, this one stop dining destination houses some of Malaysia’s exceptional and famous hawker fare. Step inside you’ll feel like you’ve went back in time.

It was very crowded when we arrived on a Saturday evening. We were ravenous after a terribly long wait for a table and split up queue at different stores immediately. There were A LOT of choices. Ahhh, decisions, decisions….

This is my first time trying Lor Bak and totally fell in love with it. Penang Ah Long Lor Bak($8) meat is marinated with five spice powder from Penang, then rolled in soy bean sheets. Deep-frying brings an irresistible crisps to the popular Penang snack.

Another dish hailing from Penang is the Cuttlefish Kang Kong ($8), which is essentially chewy slices of cuttlefish accompanied with fresh kang kong, drizzled with sweet sauce, glittered with heaps of sesame and crushed peanuts.

I am not a fan of oysters, so I wouldn’t comment on the taste of this Oh Chien ($8) aka Fried Oyster Omelette. Because more flour was used to make it, the texture was more springy and chewy compared to our local counterpart. I believe oyster fans will enjoy this, judging from how quickly hubby wiped it off the plate.

Wanton soup ($4.50) for a lighter contrast.  I find it fair enough.

With 26 years of experience and development, Penang Ah Mei Hokkien Prawn Mee ($5.50) exudes a gratifying prawn-y aroma. The secret to its mouth-watering broth lies in the use of fried fresh prawn shells and home-made chilli mix.

You cannot miss the Jalan Alor Hokkien Mee ($6.50), originating from Kuala Lumpur. With a recipe perfected over 30 years, this mouth-watering noodles is infused with fragrant dark soy sauce.

Another highlight of the night was Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice with salted fish ($9.50/$15). The first thing that hits you is its aroma. 3 different kinds of rice is used to ensure a soft fluffy texture. Its distinctive traditional taste flavor arises from the unique charcoal employed to heat up the claypots. Lining the claypot, is a layer of irresistible crunchy rice. You can choose  to exclude the salted fish ($8.50/$12), but I recommended trying these delicious morsels soaked in sesame oil with hints of Chinese wine.

We also sampled Penang Assam Laksa, which had a sourish thick and spicy broth, plus crisp and fluffy Roti Canai ($6) , more commonly known as Roti Prata in Singapore

A word of caution: be prepared to queue and wait ages for your food. We had to wait for up to 30 mins for some items.

Most helpful reviews for Malaysian Food Street

Oyster Egg

I was dining at Malaysian Food Street on a Sunday Morning just before 12 noon.

I ordered a Oyster Egg. After paying money the lady gave me a peeping device,

saying if it peeps than I could go back to collect my food.

So I assume that the food will take around 12 or 15 mins as usual when I order in a hawker centre with no customer.

I went to order Fried Kuey Tiao, after I finished paying the Stall for my Fried Kuey Tiao

The peeping devices lighted up, I thought I was wrong but it wasn't, between my order for Oyster Egg

and Fried Kuey Tiao it was less than 3 mins and at that time I was very sure the Oyster Egg was not fried

fresh.  But given the benefit of doubts I went back to my table and tried the Oyster Egg,

I was not wrong It's really not freshly fried the egg was only warm too cold and only the Oyster is hot.

Was very sad, Oyster Egg is always fried fresh and also because of this, Oyster Egg is also one of Singapore

Famous Food.  I'm not a foreigner, I'm a typical Singaporean, as really disappointed with the stall and the food.

Will not keen on going back there for the Oyster Egg anymore.

Hope the management will look into this matter, Its shouldn't be fried n kept until someone order and bring it to out.

Malaysian Food Street @ Resort World Sentosa – Lured from across the causeway

The Glutton Family loves Malaysian food – from Penang Fried Kway Teow, Klang Bak Kut Teh, Malacca Chicken Rice, Prawn Noodle to the sumptuous desserts; we’re already drooling at the thought!   Now, you don’t even need to go up North for good Malaysian food: just head south to Sentosa to enjoy all the famous and delectable food from Penang, KL to Malacca – at the Malaysia Food Street @ Resorts World Sentosa.   Must try their Claypot rice, Penang Fried Kway Teow, Prawn Noodle and Penang Laksa!   Please refer to www.ieatandeat.com for details review.

Yummy Char Koay Teow but Claypot Chicken Rice Disappointing

The Char Koay Teow Stall was fantastic. Due to the queue, we all has numbers as the cook fried to order and we picked up when our numbers are flashed. Char Koay Teow was cleanly fried, not too oily and really hot after it was cooked.
However the Huen Kee Claypot Chicken Rice was disappointing. We had very skinny pieces of chicken with lots of bones and extremely burnt rice that we cannot even salvage. Do not overcook the claypot!

Overrated food

Dunno who vote for the claypot rice and the char kway teow...the claypot rice is a joke even though waiting time is 35min...the cashier was so shocked when i told him i can wait...he was like not convinced i will wait...lol if u r not convinced people will wait and eat ur food then might as well dun sell...and the claypot rice comes

char kwey teow is ok but i dun recommend to eat...will rather eat zi char char kwey teow..but then the quality drop a lot may be due to the long queue so must wait..not worth the waiting time also

chendol also not that nice as the ice is not silky smooth...it is those ice cubes rough type..but thanks to the gula melaka they put,it saves the whole chendol..