Reviews for Mang Kiko's Lechon (Lau Pa Sat)

2.5

AsianChineseFilipino
GG

a good place to stop by

went there one busy night. We order roasted chickens.  The chicken is tender and juicy. The price is reasonable and considered a good deal in tow
13 Oct 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

a good place to stop by

23 Jul 2012 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Cheat my money

I ordered 0.5kg of pork belly for takeaway and they gave me so little, I actually weigh them when I got home. Guess what, it's all of 200g!
28 Sep 2011 • 17 reviews • 0 follower

Juicy roast chicken & sweet, tender pork skewers

I don't know about you but roast chicken on a rotisserie basted in a sweat marinade, chopped piping hot when you order for $5 a quarter and I think $10 a half (no rice)... that's what I call finger-licking good value.

Did I mention the pork BBQ skewer? $2.50 for chunks of pork meat with slivers of fat, allowing you to reach pork nirvana with it's smoky flavour and char-siew-like marinade.

The soy vinegar sauce thingy, chili and chicken sauces are all to die for and any combination works well with the juicy meat.

So what if they are sloppy sometimes in chopping up the chicken? Use your darn hands. Lousy plastic cutlery? Use your teeth.

With good food, I really don't see how peripheral points like cutlery and chopping should detract from a rating on the quality of food. I mean, half if not all the stalls in LPS use plastic cutlery. I'd rather have less meticulously chopped chicken than frozen/factory made food that most hawkers use today.

I never knew anything about Philippines' cuisine except Chicken Adobo. Now I can see why Filipino's have the best kept secrets in Asian cooking!

Similar Listings