Summary

Value3
Pork BBQ Skewer, Roast Chicken, roast pork belly, venegar View all
Lunch View all

Cheat my money

I ordered 0.5kg of pork belly for takeaway and they gave me so little, I actually weigh them when I got home. Guess what, it's all of 200g!

Most helpful reviews for Mang Kiko's Lechon (Lau Pa Sat)

a good place to stop by

went there one busy night. We order roasted chickens.  The chicken is tender and juicy. The price is reasonable and considered a good deal in town

Juicy roast chicken & sweet, tender pork skewers

Food/Drink 5| Value 4| Service 4

I don't know about you but roast chicken on a rotisserie basted in a sweat marinade, chopped piping hot when you order for $5 a quarter and I think $10 a half (no rice)... that's what I call finger-licking good value.

Did I mention the pork BBQ skewer? $2.50 for chunks of pork meat with slivers of fat, allowing you to reach pork nirvana with it's smoky flavour and char-siew-like marinade.

The soy vinegar sauce thingy, chili and chicken sauces are all to die for and any combination works well with the juicy meat.

So what if they are sloppy sometimes in chopping up the chicken? Use your darn hands. Lousy plastic cutlery? Use your teeth.

With good food, I really don't see how peripheral points like cutlery and chopping should detract from a rating on the quality of food. I mean, half if not all the stalls in LPS use plastic cutlery. I'd rather have less meticulously chopped chicken than frozen/factory made food that most hawkers use today.

I never knew anything about Philippines' cuisine except Chicken Adobo. Now I can see why Filipino's have the best kept secrets in Asian cooking!

Wanted to like it...but was a lil dissapointed

Food/Drink 2| Value 2

I had lechon a while back when one of the helpers at a friend's party whipped out this fantastic juicy pc of porky delish goodness; since then it's beena bit of the Search for the Holy Grail of Porky pork.

Come 2009, I read about the place after trekking down to Lau Pa Sat 2x

1st time sold out

2nd time not open...

3rd time LUCKY...ordered the lechon with much anticipation.

*Note* I was ultra excited about the lechon so perhaps the letdown was inevitable.

The lechon was tough . Very tough. It took more than the usual chew and was actually tougher than beef jerky. I am not sure if it was just the serving we had but I was sorely dissapointed.

nice...

This particular stall was brought to my attention by a Filipino colleague at work who had given it a go and recommended me to try, saying that they're pretty good. True enough, the stall which basically serves just roasted pork (lechon) and chicken on a rotisserie stood out in a couple of compelling aspects.

Starting with the roast pork belly, despite being very akin to Chinese roast pork, had a much more smokey aroma of the roast. These guys were quite generous with the portions as well which might or might not be a good thing for everyone since that chunky pieces of chopped up roast meat was really laced with quite abit of fat. Some of the skin was a little tough though. Chicken was well roasted, greasy and had breast meat which was surprisingly tender. The nice add ons here were the spicy vinegar and a black sauce which tasted very much like those dark soy sauce with sliced chilli padi from ba kut teh stores. There was a distinctive aroma of chilli even though it wasn't really very spicy. One the side, there was also a sour and garlicky soup that one could have free refills on.

pics and stuff here