Summary

Service3
Side dishes, Kimchi Hot Pot, BBQ marinated Pork Ribs, Bi-Bim-Bab, Bulgogi, Kim Chi Pancakes, Kim Chi Stew, Korean Cold Noodles, Steam Egg, Sul-Long Tang Pa Jeon (Spring Onion Pancake), galbi jjim, lunch special (beef or chicken) View all
Lunch, After Work, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Quiet, BBQ, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy View all

i went there for dinner

Well, most other reviews here were given over lunch, a meal which is sandwiched between morning work, and afternoon work. Coupled with mid-day sun and ridiculous lunch crowd everywhere, it might not be the most conducive situation to enjoy your meal.

As per the title, I was there for my dinner on a weekend, where work is far behind me (or maybe staring at me in a couple of days), just passing a lazy evening in the area.

When we stepped inside the restaurant, we were greeted by a Korean, very motherly-looking, like what you would expect on Channel U or whatever-you-have-on-TV-nowadays.

The restaurant is 'expectedly' empty, since it was a weekend at CBD but our table was not going to remain empty. Shortly making our orders, our condiments were served.

My order of Bi-Bim-bab came soon after, piping hot and begging for me to stir/mix the hot stone bowl. I swear that's one of the nicest i've had in a while. And the portion is rather generous, of course the price is rather generous as well. $16.

Our next order, Kimchi Chi-gae, was promptly served. Finally, the Kimchi soup has a little more authentic taste and very fulfilling to our taste buds. Unlike what you get in food courts where its either too salty, sour or just not thick enough. $15.

Final order, a plate of BBQ marinated Pork Ribs ($22). In short, damn shiok!

It's seriously well marinated and BBQ-ed just nice. Tender to bite. You have to try it to know what I mean.

The good thing about these Korean food joints is that the condiments are refillable, but i guess towards the end of the meal, we could hardly stuff ourselves anymore. The waitress continued to serve (free) food that we were hardly aware of when we made our order, eventually filling up the whole table.

For example, a jug of ice-tea, complimentary steamed egg, watermelon, ginger honey tea...

But i don't foresee myself going back there soon. Returning to CBD during a weekend is a big turnoff!

Most helpful reviews for Manna

It has improved

The last time I went there was a couple of years back. I didn't go there again as there are many good Korean restauratns in SG these days and they are very very competitive. Manna is not the most fantastic Korean eateries in SG for sure. But I was nearby last Wed, so I didn't mind giving it a try again.

The place was renovated I think so it's brighter and more comfortable. I went there for dinner last week and it's very quiet, so the serving staff is very prompt in attending to us. Am going there again tomorrow for lunch and see if the service standard will actually drop.

Food is pretty good and they are generous in the small side dishes.

don't waste your money time taste and feeling

this is my first time to write review for food ,
cause i experienced the worst ... cannot just ignore.
i really hate this place, i will never go back..
their service is hell.. food is not good,
i don't know how they still open and run this restaurant !!

Satisfies your bibimbap craving

I like to come here when I am craving bibimbap in a traditional setting and I feel like I can splurge money-wise that day. In addition to the bibimbap, I have tried the korean ramyuen, pancakes, bulgogi, and mandu. While all of the food is satisfying, it doesn't seem like a great value due to the lack of ambience and poor service.  However, the food really does hit the spot if you have a Korean food craving.

no repeat visit

Seafood was not fresh. Nothing fantastic about their other dishes. Side dishes were disappointing. Service was obviously lacking too. No repeat visit.

Not value-for-money, sub quality food

Aesthetics wise, the place seems close to a typical restaurant in Korea given the tatami rooms and screens broadcasting Korean mvs and performances.

However, service and food wise pales in comparison, not sure if it is due to the recent groupon promotion. Firstly, we had reserved a table for 2, but was given a table which was positioned next to a wall, and had 2 chairs side by side. This is definitely not conducive for any conversation and for a moment we thought we were in a library. We pointed that out to the waitress and had to insist on changing to another table, and she pointed out that all the other tables were reserved. We told her that since she could allocate us this table, she could very well allocate it to someone else, and we would take their table, as we were early and most tables were not occupied. In the end she agreed. Bad planning, and service, as it is the first restaurant I seen where the table was placed against the wall, and 2 chairs placed side-by-side. Korean restaurants are usually with the concept of sharing -_-.

Hygiene wise, the cups were dirty. My companion had to request for a new cup. Food wise, we ordered ginseng chicken soup (samgyetang) and beef bulgogi with rice. The food were served pretty quickly, but the ginseng chicken soup was bland, with little taste of ginseng. I have had cheaper versions with more flavour than this. The beef bulgogi was not cooked well -- the beef had not been marinated well enough and the tase of beef was too strong.

In conclusion, it is a good place IF you have lots of money to spend, and come in a big group. The service for big groups seemed better, where they could have the tatami rooms, or larger tables with better view. If you are in a small group, and want some truly authentic korean food, there are lots of other better choices next to Manna Restaurant. In fact, we spotted so many bbq and korean family restaurants along Telok Ayer Street, as well as near the Exit A of Tj Pagar Mrt.

Strongly not recommended. We will not come back again.