25 Jun 2015
Last Sunday was Father’s Day and my extended family and I had the Father’s Day lunch at CrossRoads Café.
For this lunch on a Sunday, the restaurant was packed. Despite the crowd, the food was replenished continuously and I never saw an empty tray of food for long. Kudos to the restaurant chefs!
The restaurant’s buffet area is neatly laid out in a rectangle in the middle, where you have the following sections around it:
- Sushi & Sashimi: A variety of sushi and 2 types of sashimi (Salmon and Tuna) were available.
- Chilled seafood: Crab legs, cray fish, freshly shucked oysters and prawns. All were good, especially the prawns which were sweet and succulent. The crab legs were also good.
- Noodles: You can have your choice noodles and the staff will cook for you. Chicken soup and mala souo were available.
- Asian Roast Meats: Roast chicken, roast duck and Roast pork were on offer. All were yummy!
- Desserts: Ice cream, cakes (salted caramel, tiramisu in a cup, cheese cake, Antoinette), Bo Bo Char Char
- Stews: They had ox tongue, fish, roast carrots and potatoes. The ox tongue was good.
- Grill: Bone on Ham, pork saddle (like pork belly), roast beef. The pork saddle is good, perfect with apple sauce!
- European station: They had pork cheek, beef cheek and truffle polenta.
Along the side wall, there are the following sections:
- Roast meats: Leg of ham, Roast beef and more, with different types of sauces and condiments.
- Breads: There were different types of breads and even mini pizzas.
- Salad: I love the various types of olives that were available here.
- Cold Cuts: Ham, Salami and freshly shaved Parma ham.
The restaurant had a couple of dishes for this weekend that I had not experienced at my previous visits. These include:
- Crab Legs and Cray Fish
- Foie Gras
- Sauteed prawns
- More varieties of meats at the grill section
- Greater variety of desserts, especially Bo Bo Char Char, which I absolutely love and I had 3 mini bowls of it!
Coffee and tea are also included.
The food quality is good and I enjoyed my meal.
A great outing and all of us had a good time.