Reviews for Marukyu

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

expensive japanese food with wide spread of sashimi

Went for lunch last fri. Ate their sashimi & tempura set in their ala carte menu. Apparently if u order food btw 1145 to 1200 u get 10% off.

Asked to replace their tuna sashimi with salmon instead. But in the end while I didnt see any tuna, I didn't see extra salmon slices too. Not sure if the scallop they gave me was extra, or they pocketed my tuna entirely without giving me something else.

Their service is quite slow. They are qt slow in preparing ur dish and needs to be reminded to refill ur green tea. At the end of the meal they served green tea ice cream,which was actually re frozen as u can see it had been melted before and they put back into the freezer to chill again.

With that price tag of $26,im not sure if I will visit again. I think the heavy price tag is more for the ambience than the food and service.
• 15 Apr 2014 • 11 reviews • 0 follower

expensive japanese food with wide spread of sashimi

• 12 Dec 2013 • 2050 reviews • 262 followers

Overall
Marukyu by Dezato, offers a rather premium omakase ($148) at the quiet evening enclave of tanjong pagar.

The meal starts with a soft silky smooth tofu topped with a savory thick soya based sauce and two slices of smoked duck to open up the palette.

This is followed by sashimi consisting of tuna belly (otoro), yellow tail (kampachi), white fish and scallop topped with salmon roe. Items were very fresh.

The next course was a seasonal boiled mash yam followed by three pieces of very fatty wagyu beef.

The sushi course included sweet prawn (amaebi), seared swordfish, yellowtail and sea urchin.

To wash it all down, a clear warm mushroom and fishcake soup was served.

Prior to dessert, I ordered two additional dishes. The first was a huge oyster from Japan ($16) done ponzu style and then ended with some carbs with the ebi spaghetti, which I found a little on the salty side.

Dessert was a umeshu jelly which added a slight alcohol punch to end the meal.

Overall, I found the quality of the food to be good. Chef is very friendly and ready to explain any of the dishes when necessary.
• 03 Nov 2013 • 86 reviews • 7 followers

Fine Japanese Cuisine - Gr8 place to chill after work

Overall
Marukyu is a new establishment around Telok Ayer Street. Be WOW by their chef's superb culinary skills and the freshness of their seafood (airflown from Japan).

They also offer special items that are not on the menu - do check with their friendly staff/chef when you are there! I had the angelhair pasta with garlic & sakura shrimps - shiok to the max!

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes