Summary

Service4
Oyster Cake, Oyster Type, ufo View all

Good but overcooked

Cheap oyster pancake at $2. Not the kind filled only with flour. However, best if you come before 8pm as they stop frying fresh ones. The oyster pancakes abit chaoda, but still fragrant. Overall: good!

Most helpful reviews for Maxwell Fuzhou Oyster Cake

SHIOK!

Food/Drink 5 | Value 4 | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

Please visit my blog, Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow, for photos.

There is only one word to describe the oyster cake---SHIOK! My friend was telling me she is on a diet and cannot eat deep-fried stuff because deep-fried food is at least already 300 calories. I told her, if I were her, I will just eat the high-calorie food and starve for the entire day. AND THIS OYSTER CAKE IS IT. I would eat 5 of these and starve the entire day - and it is worth it.

There are two types to choose from (1) veg, pork and prawn wrapped in a golden-fried crisp ($1.50) or (2) with addition of oyster ($2). Wah lah eh, of course must choose the oyster one, the oyster gives you an erm... additional boost, you know.

MUST MUST TRY.

Oyster Cake Delight

Food/Drink 5 | Value 4 | Ambience N/A | Service 4

Check out our food blog at thewordfood.wordpress.com!

The Foochow Oyster Cake is something I've noticed many people have never heard of. Well, whether you're Foochow, Cantonese, Hokkien or Teochew, however, this is something that I'm sure that many will devour. At the famous Maxwell Market Food Centre, where people are often found queuing for porridge, ondeh-ondeh, pork chop rice and chicken rice, Stall No. 5 serves up a rare and delicious snack known as the Foochow Oyster Cake.

On the glass panel separating you from the hot oil, a picture of Anthony Bourdain (celebrity chef and of A Cook's Tour  fame) is pasted up, to let you know that even he has tried the oyster cake. Well if he's tried the oyster cake, then so should you. The oyster cake comes in 2 versions: Normal (without the oyster) at S$1.50 and the Normal with Oyster at S$2. I swear by the version with the oyster, because really, what's an oyster cake without oysters? The batter is made up of rice flour mixed in water, and stuffed inside this batter, is a mixture of minced pork, minced prawns, chinese celery and oysters (if you choose the oyster version of course). The batter is then topped with peanuts and deep fried to perfection. Each bite is filled chock full of ingredients, and the juiciness of the ingredients just oozes out with each bite.

The oyster cake is best devoured hot, and the elderly Mdm Hong (or usually, her daughters) sits at the wok patiently frying these oyster cakes on demand so there is usually no shortage of piping hot oyster cakes. If you're in the area and have the stomach for a small snack, please do stop by and have a taste of these oyster cakes. Perfect comfort food, they will send you to foodie nirvana. For me at least, they never fail to provide a warm fuzzy sensation when I savour the juicy mouthfuls of the oyster cake.

shiok ufo

Food/Drink 4 | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service N/A

Wah lau eh this fried round thing damn tak kong man. damn nice and juicy can taste the oyster juice flowing out. Buay tah han got to order another one. So hungry I forgot it’s still hot. Tougue kena burn nah beh. But still got no regrets lah. Got some veggy inside the ufo and also some mince meat.

After I full I go to work at my handphone shop but whole day keep thinking of the ufo… lau nwah lau nwah. Maybe tonight tah bao some to bring to ktv session in geylang I think the girls will like hee hee hee…

but then hor they will say i wanna make them fat fat...hee hee hee....

best oyster cake !

everybody should try it.Its really good!