Reviews for MELT - The World Cafe

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

+65 6884 6884

Average buffet

Okay to try out their outdoor bbq station which was special and good. At the price they setting, much improvements on seafood station quality, quantity, serving method n refill timing. Think mostly are hotel guests diners.
• 04 Jun 2015 • 10 reviews • 0 follower

Average buffet

• 30 Jan 2015 • 28 reviews • 0 follower

Felt like I'm paying for personalized service rather than food spread

Overall
Read full review with pictures here: http://mshuilingg.blogspot.sg/2015/01/3rd-anniversary-melt-world-cafe.html

I was only satisfied with their Dessert and cold seafood selection (crabs, lobsters). The rest were mediocre and it's totally not worth paying this much for it.

Anyway, this dinner cost us $88++/pax on a Saturday night with BBQ selection. They have POSB/DBS card promotion so we got entitled to 10% off. The subtotal was about $96nett/pax.Hmmm I felt that it was a tad bit expensive in terms of food wise but if you love to seek new experience or pay for exemplary service, this cafe is the right choice for you!   Whereas for myself, I'm somebody who'd rather pay for food than service. This implies that I won't visit this hotel cafe again but I'm glad that I had this awesome experience for just 1 night.

• 17 Jan 2015 • 0 review • 0 follower

Great range of different cuisines! Differently recommend

Overall
My whole family really enjoyed the buffet as well as the atmosphere of the restaurant and service ! Had quite a range of cuisines, from malaysian to indian to chinese to italian to english to japanese to modern american/australian roast! Service was great as well, everyone was very polite and frequently came over to fill our waters up and asked if we needed anything else.
 The best thing I reckon was the indian section and the dessert section - seriously the dessert I could eat so much of it! My mum and aunty kept going back for the pumpkin soup with garlic bread and also the delicious chocolate balls (eat more of this cause they literally MELT in your mouth)!!!
 What was awesome was the waffles that were made freshly in front of you :) and the plus side was that not only was it cruncy and soft inside, but it tasted so amazing with the mango icecream!
My parents enjoyed the seafood range - especially the prawns and lobster - they were extremely sweet and fresh! The lobster tasted good both grilled and freshly poached.
The $$$ of the restaurant is a bit $$$ for a buffet, but we reckon it's worth it if you eat enough and don't mind paying a bit more.