Back to MELT - The World CafeMandarin Oriental Singapore, 5 Raffles...
Pacheer
 • 04 Jan 2014 1 review 47 followers
Overall
My family and I visited Melt on the occasion of my birthday. I initially chose Melt because I had read so much about its excellent desserts, although it wasn't Melt's desserts spread that made lunch that day memorable, but their antipasti and Indian food.

Melt - The World Cafe has a great antipasti selection and Indian section. For their antipasti, their slices of Parma and Iberico Ham are fatty and enjoyably chewy. Typically, being the most expensive of the 6 available antipasti, they were gone almost as quickly as they were replenished, so you might have to vulture around the area for a bit if you want to avoid being let down by empty platters. As for its Indian section, I found their Matar Paneer (paneer, but with peas instead of spinach) very delectable, right next to their Aloo Palak.

Melt also had a very impressive selection of seafood that's worth a mention; I've seen some of the biggest lobsters and oysters available at a buffet spread at this restaurant. I'd remind myself that most buffets would just as similarly have a servings of seafood readily being replenished, though Melt still made itself stand out by serving fresh, mammoth portions. Their Lobster Bisque is also a must-try as an appetizer.

Melt's desserts, to my dispair, did not perform up to par - only their Croquembouche, Bread and Butter pudding, and Chicken Pie (oddly at Melt, this is a dessert) were worth going back for seconds among the large array presented. Maybe it was because our visit was made during the festive season, and that their regular dessert spread performs better. Or maybe it was because I already had heard so much about their desserts that made me expect more. Nevertheless, if I were to come back to Melt, it would be for reasons more savory than sweet.

We also used a promotion available for UOB cardholders; the total bill amounted to about $90+ per pax.

Anniversary, Birthdays