Reviews for Michelangelo's

EuropeanItalianWesternWine
pickledpeas

Decent but prices are steep

To see the full review with pictures, go here: http://pickledpeas.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/lunch-at-michelangelo/   After trying most of the lunch specials at all the restaurants on the Chip Bee stretch, we decided to give this one a go. Italian food is plentiful on the MRT side of Holland V, so there was never really much point coming here and paying the (relatively more) exorbitant prices here. They have pretty good lunch deals though I would probably never come here for dinner.   I loved the caesar salad, although there weren’t any anchovies in it there was a strong anchovy taste which was delightful. The parmesan was also really good. Z opted for the prosciutto with melon. I thought the parma ham was a teeny bit unfresh but it went nicely with the sweet rock melon   The crabmeat penne alla vodka was plenty crabby (to the point of being a bit fishy), not bad, but I prefer the linguine al granchio at Ricciotti. The tomato sauce does cut through the cream a little bit and I liked this dish better than the asparagus and pancetta spaghetti in a white wine cream sauce. Couldn’t taste the white wine at all although it was quite nice, the portion was too large and was quite gelat after a few mouthfuls. The desserts were more promising though, and I liked both the panna cotta with berries and vanilla bean – lots of vanilla seeds and it was silky smooth with just enough bite.   Think it was about $80 in total for the both of us including GST and service for the lunch service. Not really worth it, imo, in the sense that I may not come back, but I really did like the salads at the start. Italian food and Italian restaurants are getting far too widespread here for people to charge this much for not even that authentic food.
20 Aug 2014 • 148 reviews • 6 followers

Decent but prices are steep

09 Aug 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

Good ambience good service

I went to this place twice in a week as i was in the area both times. The good service on the first round probably made me come back a second time. Service there is excellent, if you visit be sure to ask for Lili, she is a very polite staff who will give you genuine recommendations.

I think the mushroom risotto would probably be my pick there. Very generous with their mushrooms. Every bite has a taste of mushroom and truffle oil. So if you love mushrooms and risotto you'd love it.

The ambience of the restaurant is pretty good, with a nice table set up, as well as a pretty chill alfresco area to sit and talk while waiting for food or just chatting after dinner. There's also a friendly neighbourhood cat who comes by while you're eating. It won't bother you don't worry.

I used the entertainer app so value was good. If you have the app do check it out.

06 Aug 2014 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Great service and a nice quiet place

Service at michaelangelo's was really impeccable especiallt Lili who served us with great passion. using the entertainer app, it was really worth it as it was 1 for 1. Gone back twice. would love to go back again :) when what I wanted was not on the menu, she offered to customize the pasta for me. Really appreciated it. The mushroom risotto is good too!