Reviews for Ming Kee Chicken Rice & Porridge

Chinese
Address: #01-522, Kim San Leng Food Centre, 511 Bishan Street 13, 570511
31 Jan 2016

Good but too long queue

Ming kee chicken rice is the most popular stall at the Kim sang leng food centre in bishan. Everyday during lunch and dinner, there is guarantee to be a queue for their chicken rice so if you really want to get our hands and mouths on their food I would highly suggest that you come after or before meal times. Unlike other chicken rice stalls, they sell the plain white chicken and do not sell roast chicken at all. Their chicken is tender and juicy and their gravy is awesome but their rice is average only. I would suggest to buy half a chicken or a whole chicken for takeaway to truly enjoy the taste of their signature chicken. If only their queue wasn't so long.

More reviews of Ming Kee Chicken Rice & Porridge

Overrated Chicken Rice

Happened to be in the area and remembered there is this Chicken rice place near Bishan Interchange (Ming Kee).

I regret driving here as there are definitely better chicken rice places along Balestier road, which is also quite nearby.  In fact, come to think of it, many ordinary coffeeshops serve better chicken rice than this stall.

Chicken is so-so, not very tender mainly because they dip their chicken in ice.  The rice is only tasty because of the quite salty (MSG-laden) gravy.  I left feeling thirsty despite a drink later.  And the chili is disappointingly watery.  No oomph to it.  Not shiok at all.

If you're from elsewhere and want to try good chicken rice, don't bother travelling to this stall.  You will leave disappointed.

Fgskgoh

Very shocked to eat chilled cold chicken at Ming kee chicken rice stall at Bishan st13. At late lunch they have only chicken breast and I saw in a tray full of ice. Was puzzled. I requested it to be deboned but wasn't. The experience could be almost complete if not for that plate of cold chicken meat which is the first time for me eating chicken rice in Singapore. Cannot bring foreigners there or they think our spore chicken rice served cold chicken meat. Soup was plain like water.
Overall

A normal plate of chicken rice.

Plus points:
The soup and the various sauces partnered really well with the slightly bland rice and chicken.  The part of the chicken which were cooked was wonderfully tender and sliced thickly. The soup was quite flavourful and most memorable.

Minus points:
The rice was slightly bland.
Part of the chicken I received was undercooked, with reddishness and blood stains. I did not eat this undercooked part.
Overall

For the chicken, chilli and rice.....

Isn't that all we're looking for in our chicken rice? Look no further.. Check out my blog for a detailed write up: http://colourfulpalates.blogspot.sg/2014/04/the-chilledcken-rice.html