Back to Mini Steamboat Delight#B-118, Parkway Parade, 80 Marine...

tom yum soup3 votes

Edwin Lim 308
 • 24 Sep 2012 1 review 13 followers
Overall
Mini steamboat delights has always been one of our favorite makan places for my wife and I. Our consistent favorite is their special marinated beef set - which comes in a generous portion for two and adorned with 3 types of veggies - lettuce, tang oh and another variety that i dont know :)

Unlike some other steamboat stalls that offers factory-processed fishballs, meat balls, crab meat sticks etc. Mini steamboat prepares most of the items themselves from fresh ingredients. We particularly like the Tau Pok stuffed with fish paste. Their home-made prawn dumpling is also generously stuffed with prawns, mushroom shreds and chestnuts.

Though the pricing is mid-tiered (around S$20 per pax), we appreciate the fresh ingredients and the preparatory efforts.

My wife and i has frequent this restaurant for the past 13 years. Yesterday, we are aghast when we realized that the foodcourt in which the restaurant is located is closed for renovation. Fortunately, we enquired with a neighbouring shop and found its new location within the Banquet Foodcourt (3rd floor of PP SC, opposite Giant Shopping Centre).

We decide to post this review not just to commend Mini Steamboat Delight for its years of consistency food quality but also to inform fellow foodies of its new location.

Must tries: tom yum soup, chilli, dumpling, prawn dumpling, special beef set, tau pok, rice

Lunch, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, After Work, Hidden Find, Wheelchair Friendly

Great Hunter
 • 04 Oct 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have patronised Mini Steamboat Delight for several years as my wife loves their soup base, especially the spicy one.

We visited the shop again recently and ordered items such as fishball, beef, chicken and prawn dumpling. However, we realised that serving size of the dishes has decreased. For instance, we noticed that the number of slices of beef have been reduced compared to previous visits (while price remains unchanged).

The quality of some of the ingredients is also questionable. For instance, the fishball had a strong fishy smell.

Overall, the experience is disappointing. For the price the shop charged for each item (and bearing in mind that these are simple food items such as fish ball and meat ball), the shop is somehow unable to maintain the quality and quantity. It seems to suggest that the shop is willing to compromise customer satisfaction and value for money for the sake of profit. We have decided not to visit this place again.

Creamie Cherrie
 • 21 Jul 2010 28 reviews 1 follower
Overall
It is situated in the food court where they have their own space for customers. It wasn't crowded when I visited on a weekday evening, but it maybe cos it was raining.

Food Items Ordered for 2 Pax:

1) Special set ($38) - 5 live prawns, golden mushrooms, fish glue, pork & fishballs, 2 plates of vegs, fish, sliced pork, specialty pork balls & fishball with fa cai + 2 rice

2) 1 plate of sausages ($4.30)

3) 2 Chrysanthumum Tea ($2.20 each)

In my opinion, the special set is enough for 2 people. I like their house specialty pork balls as it contains sesame. Live prawns are good! Sweet. The main attraction of mini steamboat delights is their tom yum soup & chilli! Not overly spicy, but just enough to have the kick of it. Chilli goes well with every food item!

Must tries: Live prawns, tom yum soup, chilli

Dinner, Children/Family, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy