01 Jun 2011 • 1 review • 0 follower
The small restaurant that is Ministry of steak, appears for all purposes to be a nice locally owned steak joint, with reasonably priced steak and chicken. But all is not well, so many glaring issues that really make this a place to avoid.
1. Airconditioning is not turned on and fans don't do a good job, the place is stuffy and not pleasant to stay especially on a humid night.
2. Pet Peeve: Salt shakers that don't dispense salt. normal rice is seen in the salt shakers but obviously not enough to fight the lack of aircon. After the 3rd salt shaker, I gave up
3. Table placement, obviously bums on seats is $$, but do they have to be SO close?
4. Food: I ordered the chicken and fish combo. The fish was still swimming....in oil, totally drenched in cooking oil, so much so, when I cut into it, I could see a yellow tinge to the food. A napkin placed underneath the fish was totally soaked through in under a minute. The chicken was a chicken thigh that was char grilled over a flame, problem is the grill is obviously not cleaned that often, as the chicken was covered with carbon powder. My wife chose the steak, which they claim is chilled and not frozen. They lied. It was not only tough but over cooked. If you're a steak place, surely you should know how to cook medium rare? I won't even bother to discuss the sides, just to mention, they are cold (even the fries).
5. Drink: a beverage from the refrigerator tastes a 100 times better than a warm drink with a lot of ice. It's just not the same.
6. Price: although they don't charge for service, it's over priced for what it is. I am not a fan of Astons, which is just around the corner, but Astons is considerably better value for money.
7. Service: I noticed a lot of people waiting on the unattentive waiters, my own waiter was sufficient, but the initial wait for the food was close to 20 minutes
8. Overall, a place to miss. The food really lets the place down, which it seems you are paying a premium for due to it's "aircon" environment which never seems to be turned on. Recommend this place to people you don't like, maybe they'll get the message.