Daily: 11:00 - 22:00
A steakhouse located along Maju Avenue, Ministry of Steak also serves other Western dishes like pork chops and chargrilled chicken.
Been to MoS Serangoon in several occasions. I still do no understand how & why were there mean reviews of their food.
First of all, when reviews claimed that the place is too noisy and the food fall short of expectations; I can;t help getting the vibes that this is from some VERY Jealous competitors right next door.
When MoS started 2yrs or so ago, there were some confusion as their ex-chef throw the towel in a huff even leaving the cash-register empty. Staff were equally confused but things were sorted-out by our 2nd visit.
YES, its different from most steak houses, but food is very tasty with Asian-twist; its called FUSION! Means food of our culture but made suitable for the local-taste.The only time I throw back a dish is because the T-bone Lamb is too rare for me but its great after the mis-communication. Their ice-lemon Tea is a die-for & the prices are well-affordable as far as Serangoon Gdn is concern unlike the one in Killiney (dumb-down). I'll vote for MoS Serangoon!
This is not a place I would recomend any of my friends to eat. Service staff is very attentive but unfortunately the food served was far from acceptable.
Paid close to $80 and expect 2 reasonably good pieces of steak from this joint. I don't expect the standard to be the same as that from a joint in MBS but definitely not what was served. The steak served at our hawker centres around our neighbourhood fared much better.
The small restaurant that is Ministry of steak, appears for all purposes to be a nice locally owned steak joint, with reasonably priced steak and chicken. But all is not well, so many glaring issues that really make this a place to avoid.
1. Airconditioning is not turned on and fans don't do a good job, the place is stuffy and not pleasant to stay especially on a humid night.
2. Pet Peeve: Salt shakers that don't dispense salt. normal rice is seen in the salt shakers but obviously not enough to fight the lack of aircon. After the 3rd salt shaker, I gave up
3. Table placement, obviously bums on seats is $$, but do they have to be SO close?
4. Food: I ordered the chicken and fish combo. The fish was still swimming....in oil, totally drenched in cooking oil, so much so, when I cut into it, I could see a yellow tinge to the food. A napkin placed underneath the fish was totally soaked through in under a minute. The chicken was a chicken thigh that was char grilled over a flame, problem is the grill is obviously not cleaned that often, as the chicken was covered with carbon powder. My wife chose the steak, which they claim is chilled and not frozen. They lied. It was not only tough but over cooked. If you're a steak place, surely you should know how to cook medium rare? I won't even bother to discuss the sides, just to mention, they are cold (even the fries).
5. Drink: a beverage from the refrigerator tastes a 100 times better than a warm drink with a lot of ice. It's just not the same.
6. Price: although they don't charge for service, it's over priced for what it is. I am not a fan of Astons, which is just around the corner, but Astons is considerably better value for money.
7. Service: I noticed a lot of people waiting on the unattentive waiters, my own waiter was sufficient, but the initial wait for the food was close to 20 minutes
8. Overall, a place to miss. The food really lets the place down, which it seems you are paying a premium for due to it's "aircon" environment which never seems to be turned on. Recommend this place to people you don't like, maybe they'll get the message.