- Dinner15 votes
- After Work11 votes
- Alfresco/Outdoor Dining11 votes
- Chillout8 votes
- Children/Family7 votes
- People Watching7 votes
- Lunch7 votes
- Business Dining5 votes
- Wine Lists5 votes
- Boys Night Out5 votes
- Large Groups/Gathering4 votes
- Vibrant/Noisy4 votes
- Take Away4 votes
- Healthy Eating3 votes
- Wheelchair Friendly3 votes
- Quiet3 votes
- Vegetarians2 votes
- Romance/First Dates2 votes
- Cheap Eat/Budget2 votes
- Girls Night Out2 votes
- Pet Friendly2 votes
- Hidden Find2 votes
- Brunch1 votes
- Fine Dining1 votes
- Ala Carte1 votes
- View/Scenery1 votes
- Supper1 votes
Top Must Try Dishes
- Ravioli1 votes
- linguine scampi or linguine crabmeat1 votes
- Vitello Tonnato1 votes
- pizza and pasta1 votes
- Do not try. Too expensive and dishonest1 votes
- dress nicely1 votes
- Tiramisu1 votes
- Do not try!1 votes
- speak like a japanese1 votes
- Pappardelle di Spinaci ai Gamberoni in Crema di Zafferano1 votes
- do not try1 votes
- oh well why bother...1 votes
- Risotto Porcini1 votes
- Set lunch1 votes
- oh well why bother1 votes
- pasta with porcini sauce1 votes
recommends this place.
: Vitello Tonnato
I also recommend this place for:
After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Children/Family, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Lunch, People Watching, Supper, Wheelchair Friendly, Wine Lists
does not recommend this place.
Made the reservation online and was looking forward to our lovely dinner on a Sunday evening.
When we arrived, there was only 2 tables occupied, 1 inside and the other outside, both Japanese. I am not surprised as it is a Japanese Expat filled area.
We were given a table indoor next to the place where they place their wine and in front of the open style kitchen.
Buratta with Proscuitto Crudo - Love buratta, everytime when I head back to La Spezia, I will always try my luck at the supermarket even thou this isn't a specialty from Northern Italy. This buratta was light and creamy, taste wasn't too strong and was perfect with the proscuitto. It came topped with a bit of pesto, nice touch.
Fillet with Gorgonzola - Wow...the steak looks miserable when it was presented. It looks charred and was very fatty. We asked for rare and it didn't look or tasted rare. Disappointing.
Pasta with Porcini & Italian Pork Sausage - I requested for Parpadella instead of what they suggested. Too much cream, porcini wasn't fragrant and I didn't think pairing it with the sausage was a good idea.
Tiramisu - They either ran out of espresso or they are super stingy with it!! Bad, very bad indeed.
Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream - This is the only thing they've seriously cooked up and got it right! Thank god for this otherwise my anniversary dinner would be ruined big time. Well like I've always mentioned, if you have house dessert special with vanilla ice cream, would appreciate if it's home made ones with real vanilla pod.
Sorry guys, had to edit it cos I just recall this disgusting sight! We wanted to order their pizza but seeing it's not done in the traditional wood oven, we opt out. Which is truly a blessing in disguise cos half way though our dinner, I saw the Indian fellow who's in charged of pizza, scratching his hair with his fingers and then back to work!!!
Think I will keep this awful experience from my sister, just remember never to recommend this place to anybody.
Price comes with a bottle of red wine.
: do not try, oh well why bother
recommends this place.
- 3 Profiteroles for $12. Basically they're giant cream puffs with ice cream inside, with chocolate sauce and other toppings on top.
- Lava cake. This is one of their specialities, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a foil. The chocolate was intense but not too bitter - but I have a sweet tooth and don't like dark chocolate, so chocoholics might be disappointed.
- Lemon sherbert. This was good but in comparison with the other 2, nothing special.
Also had a limoncello which at $7 was a good price for a digestif. Will be sure to try the food next time - it smelled great.