Back to MooJaa25 Keong Saik Road

Large Groups5 votes
Birthdays4 votes

• 13 Jul 2014 13 reviews 9 followers
Overall

I asked the following questions:
"Was it because we were taking up two tables?"
"No."
"Was it because we were expanding more charcoal since we have two grills?"
"No, it's not."
"Will the manager be here soon?"
"No, sir."
"Then why can't you just accede to this request?"
Because he can see it thoruugh the CCTV (!!!)
"We require 8 places.  How are you going to accommodate all of us around one table together with the raw food and our utensils/crockery?"
"Why cannot?  Perhaps sir, you would like to speak with the manager direct?"

That last question truly incensed me as it meant that I was dealing with a restaurant crew that was not sufficiently prepared for their roles in the restaurant.  Having to ask their customers to check with their manager who was not on-site was simply ridiculous.

To the restaurant management take note: While it can be tedious to accept that customers are always right, you never ask your customers to do your work, especially when he's a hungry man!

To cut a long story short, I had to make the tough decision to leave the restaurant.  Paid for the drinks and left.  All in all, that unsatisfactory way our request was handled basically spoilt our dinner as well as the restaurant having us as repeat customers again.

• 13 Jul 2014 13 reviews 9 followers
Overall
It is an irony that this review should come almost 2 months from my first review on MooJaa.  Sad to say, friends, I have to give an adverse report on this venue.  This time round, my family and I were deprived of a dinner over a remarkably trivial restaurant policy.

We have booked for a table for 6 adults and 1 child (+1 place for my youngest's baby pram).  Among us, we had 5 paying adults and 1 ala-carte order (my 5-year-old child was not charged).  Having placed the order, we thought everything was going well with drinks served etc.  Interestingly this time, the order took a bit longer to appear compared to my previous experience.  We were expecting to have two grills opened across two tables as we needed to accommodate a total of 8 seats, similar to the arrangement (ironically we were sitting at the same table) that was proposed by MooJaa staff during my first visit as there was not sufficient table space.  FYI, there were 5 paying adults, 1 child and 1 non-paying child during my first visit (a total of 7 seats).    Then it began.

A male waiting staff came over and explained to my wife that their restuarant policy does not permit them to open up two grills for 5 paying adults for the buffet.  It was ok for us to sit across two tables, but not two grills.  As you may understand, we were all baffled since we did not have such an issue the last time.  We explained to the staff that in our previous visit, we had two grills without such an issue.  The staff excused himself to check with the restaurant manager (who was in absentia at that time) before returning to reiterate the policy on us.   The staff claimed that this policy came into effect only recently.  I had to check with them patiently on the rationale for such a policy and they could not give any answer for the rationale.  What really dissappointed me was that the staff gave me the "it's our store policy" explanation without any understanding as to why.

(To be cont....)

• 09 May 2014 13 reviews 9 followers
Overall
Amidst all the conflicting reviews, we decided to take a chance and the Mother's Day offer tonight and got ourselves a reservation with Moojaa.

The food is overall fresh and tasty.  Soup stock is also quite delicious but take note, the soup will just get saltier as it goes along.  Some hot water may do the trick.  The spread of buffet set is wide ranging from scallops to vegetables to luncheon meat to pork/porkbelly/beef slices.  One strong advice: take the regular pork slices first before the Kurobuta pork for a very basic reason: you won't find the regulr porkslice/pork belly as tasty as the Kurobuta pork!

We were advised by the waiting staff to opt for the $5 unlimited drinks serving and I would say it's worth paying for it because 1) You will need it with MSG  in the soup and 2) it cost $2.50 per cup so it is not difficult to get your money's worth by the end of the meal.  It has a pretty decent range of non-alcoholic drinks and the Thai Iced Tea/Lemongrass/Chrysentemum drinks are quite good (sufficiently sweet and properly boiled).  On average, each of us had at least 3 cups.

I guess this is the only other Mookata restaurant I had (other than the one at Upper Thomson Road) and I would say the $32/person buffet price is reasonable.

Must tries: Thai Milk Tea, Kurobuta Pork Slices

After Work, Ala Carte, BBQ, Boys Night Out, Buffet, Children/Family, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates